Fight for your country

4 minutes ago, paddyluke said:

at the start the U.S. were neutral ,if they had stood behind Britain from the beginning then maybe it would not of kicked off, yet we always seem to back the U.S.A at a click of their fingers

They also gave us access to their spy satellite’s to eavesdrop drop on all Argentine communications and diplomatic support in the UN.

They sent very high ranking officials back and forward to Argentina trying to persuade them to leave the Falklands, to no avail, the intransigence of Argentina lead to us kicking them out.

I doubt the Americans could have done much more for us. We were quite capable of doing the “boots on the ground” stuff ourselves.

Cheers.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've been trying to fight for our country for some years but not in the way the people at the top want,now they want the people at the bottom to fight to protect what the people at the top have😠

Why would Russia invade us? Because our elites keep telling you they might?  The same elites that told all those young men that they were giving up their lives for 'freedom and democracy'? O

Quite easy, not a dinghies chance in a storm, the enemy is within, the left, weirdos, royals, just about everything wrong with society today, nahhh ill leave it to the anarchists, protestors and the r

Posted Images

5 hours ago, WILF said:

Different characters though don’t you think mate, we are a bit more “May as well have a mug of tea, jobs f****d” than “Thank you for your service” and a fly over of F14s don’t you think ?

Somone mind translating? I have a feeing I get the jist of it know wilfs usual pattern but egh might be wrong 

45 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Somone mind translating? I have a feeing I get the jist of it know wilfs usual pattern but egh might be wrong 

To put it another way, we are pretty dour unexcitable people, not exactly world renowned for our positivity whereas Americans seem to be extremely positive, excitable people who all love to get behind something.

It seems, and I could be wrong, that when it comes to military service you have a sense of “doing it for America” which is why I asked you if you found it strange that so many lads on this thread were a bit “The country can go f**k itself” 

Hope that clears it up for you 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
HANSARD.PARLIAMENT.UK

These figures would need to multiplied by 4 to reflect inflation.

Seems an insult and a pittance to me. I also cannot, for the life of me, understand why there is such a massive financial discrepancy between an officer's life and and an ordinary squaddie. They both died in the same campaign yet, apparently, one life is worth  much more than another. 

Edited by jukel123
40 minutes ago, jukel123 said:
HANSARD.PARLIAMENT.UK

These figures would need to multiplied by 4 to reflect inflation.

Seems an insult and a pittance to me. I also cannot, for the life of me, understand why there is such a massive financial discrepancy between an officer's life and and an ordinary squaddie. They both died in the same campaign yet, apparently, one life is worth  much more than another. 

Pffffftttt here we go 

you do understand the different roles and responsibilities of both an officer and a pte soldier don’t you ?? 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WILF said:

To put it another way, we are pretty dour unexcitable people, not exactly world renowned for our positivity whereas Americans seem to be extremely positive, excitable people who all love to get behind something.

It seems, and I could be wrong, that when it comes to military service you have a sense of “doing it for America” which is why I asked you if you found it strange that so many lads on this thread were a bit “The country can go f**k itself” 

Hope that clears it up for you 

"Dour and unexcitable"  same as apathetic and compliant, browbeaten and impotent. Lol Myself included.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Pffffftttt here we go 

you do understand the different roles and responsibilities of both an officer and a pte soldier don’t you ?? 

No, I absolutely do not. It's a con.

Bit off topic, but the nob jockey who failed to appreciate the argies had access to exocet missiles should have been court martialled. 

Do you think those figures are a fair reflection of a squaddies life? With respect, would you be happy for your wife and kids to receive that pension?

12 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

"Dour and unexcitable"  same as apathetic and compliant, browbeaten and impotent. Lol Myself included.

f**k being compliant and browbeaten,f**k that shit,your an individual,be your own man.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

f**k being compliant and browbeaten,f**k that shit,your an individual,be your own man.

I think as a nation we are pretty obedient. We are walked over by our politicians.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

No, I absolutely do not. It's a con.

Bit off topic, but the nob jockey who failed to appreciate the argies had access to exocet missiles should have been court martialled. 

Do you think those figures are a fair reflection of a squaddies life? With respect, would you be happy for your wife and kids to receive that pension?

I’d imagine it’s much like saying the cleaner at the airport should be allowed to fly the plane ! 

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d imagine it’s much like saying the cleaner at the airport should be allowed to fly the plane ! 

Nah we had officer sweaty, aka the paedo Prince flying the plane. I hope he got a pension for his trauma.

9 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Nah we had officer sweaty, aka the paedo Prince flying the plane. I hope he got a pension for his trauma.

You are getting hysterical old chap and it looks a bit silly.

First of all, it was a silly statement in the first place wasn’t it, you know that yourself.

Secondly, Prince Andrew isn’t actually a nonce is he, I mean that bird wasn’t under age was she.

Its all a bit grubby but not intrinsically illegal.

Thirdly, whatever you think of the bloke he probably had a better education than some lad off the plot out of the local comp, so yes, eminently more qualified to operate high tech kit and make big decisions. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

You are getting hysterical old chap and it looks a bit silly.

First of all, it was a silly statement in the first place wasn’t it, you know that yourself.

Secondly, Prince Andrew isn’t actually a nonce is he, I mean that bird wasn’t under age was she.

Its all a bit grubby but not intrinsically illegal.

Thirdly, whatever you think of the bloke he probably had a better education than some lad off the plot out of the local comp, so yes, eminently more qualified to operate high tech kit and make big decisions. 

I wouldn't trust the paedo Prince with any decision, much less a decision involving lives.

The officer class in the UK is chosen from a particular group of rich posh people. Often land owners. Sandhurst is their finishing school. They are completely out of touch with normal everyday life. They may recruit a few token blacks and proles these days just to cover themselves.

Officers should be chosen on merit not on background. But the UK is riven with class and we still touch our forelocks and curtsy to them. Nobody has explained to me why two men, killed in the same conflict should get such widely different payouts. The only answer is class. But people don't like to accept that and somehow think its justified. 

Put it this way. Blackadder and his mates had an easier war than Baldrick and his mates. Going over the top is much harder than office work.

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I wouldn't trust the paedo Prince with any decision, much less a decision involving lives.

And yet, he did just that and very successfully so that sort of knocks that one out of the park.

The officer class in the UK is chosen from a particular group of rich posh people. Often land owners. Sandhurst is their finishing school. They are completely out of touch with normal everyday life. They may recruit a few token blacks and proles these days just to cover themselves.

Patently untrue, Officers come from all sorts of backgrounds. 

Officers should be chosen on merit not on background. But the UK is riven with class and we still touch our forelocks and curtsy to them. Nobody has explained to me why two men, killed in the same conflict should get such widely different payouts. The only answer is class. But people don't like to accept that and somehow think its justified. 

They are chosen on merit, that’s not even a discussion.

Put it this way. Blackadder and his mates had an easier war than Baldrick and his mates. Going over the top is much harder than office work.

You are aware that the argument for say a private to be paid the same as an officer works in reverse aren’t you ?………maybe we should start paying nurses the same as someone on the dole ?

I mean, it’s fair in as much as parity of outcome is concerned isn’t it ? 

Come on mate, you are smarter than this ;) 

• Like 1