so i had a blood test and have been told it is high.how high who knows as it is top secret.will not send me my results by email.why ?.have to book an appointment over the phone to discuss or register for online services.why is it so difficult to just send me the results by email ?.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t take the statins they will feck you up, improve your diet more nuts and seeds and clean whole foods nothing processed or dairy no smoking or drinking.    re test via numan or the like and

I would disagree with a lot of what lurcherman has written.... Cholesterol is not just one thing....there's HDL ...LDL...triglycerides....there's a whole bunch more to it... I do agree about

McHull thought cholesterol was something you paint on your fence to stop it from rotting ! 

Posted Images

Don’t take the statins they will feck you up, improve your diet more nuts and seeds and clean whole foods nothing processed or dairy no smoking or drinking. 

re test via numan or the like and you will see it’s back to what it should be.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Track your foods make sure not high in saturated fats or trans fats.. 

I couldn’t belive how much sat fat I was consuming a day until I started tracking my macros.. you should have no more than 30 grams of sat fat a day and some days I was eating 100! 

mainly all from dairy products. So everything low fat or 0% fat from now on. 

They'll try and push  statins on you , it's your call if you take them or not but do some research, better off going the natural route through diet adjustment, not all fat is bad neither is cholesterol , eggs, dairy and  meat all good in moderation...no need to be a fanny tracking your food  and that 😆 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, kanny said:

They'll try and push  statins on you , it's your call if you take them or not but do some research, better off going the natural route through diet adjustment, not all fat is bad neither is cholesterol , eggs, dairy and  meat all good in moderation...no need to be a fanny tracking your food  and that 😆 

To get a basic understanding of what goes in your body tracking for a week or two atleast is/was vital. For me anyhow. 

especially in regards to portion sizes and good fats bad fats ect, not for everyone but it was good learning for myself who’s just ate whatever I want most my life.. 

monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are good the rest shite.. 

as are any seed oils.. 

olive or avocado/coconut oils you want. 

• Like 1

you would be surprised the folks walking about we high blood pressure, i had to go have some stitches removed at my doctors tuther week.they insist o a blood pressure check, mine was 197 over summat cant remember what, how long has it been that high nurse says, buggered if i know

• Like 1

I would disagree with a lot of what lurcherman has written....

Cholesterol is not just one thing....there's HDL ...LDL...triglycerides....there's a whole bunch more to it...

I do agree about not getting on statins though

But saturated fat is not the enemy it was once supposed to be...

There are millions of people out there now living on carnivore diets and doing very well with extreme high levels of LDL Cholesterol they should be dead but of course there not...

There's now loads of info out there and plenty of doc's on YouTube if you can't be arsed to look at scientific data..that's not sponsored by vegan or processed food companies 

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I would disagree with a lot of what lurcherman has written....

Cholesterol is not just one thing....there's HDL ...LDL...triglycerides....there's a whole bunch more to it...

I do agree about not getting on statins though

But saturated fat is not the enemy it was once supposed to be...

There are millions of people out there now living on carnivore diets and doing very well with extreme high levels of LDL Cholesterol they should be dead but of course there not...

There's now loads of info out there and plenty of doc's on YouTube if you can't be arsed to look at scientific data..that's not sponsored by vegan or processed food companies 

And of course a lot depends on your genetics and lifestyle.I eat on average 4/6 whole eggs a day,Whole milk,Real butter slapped on everything,Cook with real lard and dripping and eat massive portions.But Im out walking with the dogs at least 90mins a day 3hrs on a weekend guaranteed and Grafting on site everyday.I got checked out just before christmas and my cholesterol was perfect and blood pressure 115 over 65.both my uncles on my mums side ate like me and drank at least 6 pints of guiness every night and like me are 6ft and never topped 13st.Wheras on my stepfathers side him and all 3 of his brothers struggle with bad cholestrol and are all diabetic.Some people are lucky and some aint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

And buy some kefir proven to lower cholesterol extremely quickly.. lots of fruits cut back on the meat especially red meats. 

increase your exercise job done 

I eat fruit, mainly berries and kefir most mornings and I haven't had so much as a sniffle since before COVID. I've really let my diet go this Christmas and had a week long cold.

Obviously I can't say it was totally because of my diet but it certainly felt like it. Hardly drink, green tea and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate each day, lean meats, fish once a week, good breakfast of fruit and kefir and 6-10 fruit and veg a day. lots of walking, 8 hours plus sleep each night and I genuinely feel 100% better. More energy, rarely ill, no anxiety. 

I do eat red meat, but high quality lean meat where possible 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I eat fruit, mainly berries and kefir most mornings and I haven't had so much as a sniffle since before COVID. I've really let my diet go this Christmas and had a week long cold.

Obviously I can't say it was totally because of my diet but it certainly felt like it. Hardly drink, green tea and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate each day, lean meats, fish once a week, good breakfast of fruit and kefir and 6-10 fruit and veg a day. lots of walking, 8 hours plus sleep each night and I genuinely feel 100% better. More energy, rarely ill, no anxiety. 

I do eat red meat, but high quality lean meat where possible 

Good stuff that kefir mate does wonders for your gut 

• Like 1

I have Greek yogurt which like kefir is supposed to help gut health....of course both are dairy products....

Which when you think about it ....its helping your gut because of all the fibre and grains we eat....

Fiber is another big con we have been sold over the last 50 years....you really don't need it ....its responsible for things like chrones disease and ulcerative colitis not to mention IBS that millions of people suffer with including myself not to long ago

• Like 2