9 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Yes Tats, it is a good quote,..and very applicable to that bygone time...

I've not been gifted with the skills to pen such romantic prose,...but I can give you my own take on the situation, Circa 2024...and one would have to say, "The game, as we once knew it, is FECKED,...and I do mean, proper  FECKED"....🙄

Sunday 23rd Oct 05 240.jpg

There where some good contributors to the weekly or monthly sporting press papers in the days before we had the internet. A lot of it was shite but worth buying for the good stuff. Thank you to those who wrote the good stuff. 

• Like 2

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paulus said:

It certainly is around here mate, Houses being built everywhere, and i mean multiple thousands on what was once prime land to hunt on, Most of the land that is not been built on is land banked by big organisation's for future development, Patrolled by security with all the modern technology money can buy, The villages are full of people retiring to the countryside, with no idea of how life in the Countryside is, So i agree here the game is all but finished,  

I don’t think the games fooked.. I’d say there more game to found than there ever has been. Granted some places have been built on, but there still masses of land, lifting with game. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dodger said:

Yes but also all had a plan b n c n handled pressure so well turning before they needed to turn etc great in cover not even one was average all toppers which is unusual isn't it 

that’s it mate a stamina dog is no good need speed and brain and be excellent around cover 

• Like 1
On 25/01/2024 at 23:40, joe ox said:

Yes Richie.

Have you seen the new top end Hiks? Was playing about with my mates … and you could see the heat signature from the dog farting! 

5 hours ago, joe ox said:

Topic is supposed to be about lampers!

old gl don’t want to hear about top hares that know every trick in the book they would just take a whippet on the merry go round wouldn’t touch cover just take the piss until the dog collapsed and had to be carried off 

how do i know well i’ve seen it many a time lol

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Moonlighter123 said:

I don’t think the games fooked.. I’d say there more game to found than there ever has been. Granted some places have been built on, but there still masses of land, lifting with game. 

Loads of game. But camera phones, the internet and tech in general has changed things a lot ! 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Moonlighter123 said:

Definitely. Maybe bit easier back in the day. I think quality of dogs has changed in the past ten years for sure though and i dont mean improved !

5 hours ago, Whoknows said:

Have you seen the new top end Hiks? Was playing about with my mates … and you could see the heat signature from the dog farting! 

Your a good friend to your mate playing about with it for him 😉 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

old gl don’t want to hear about top hares that know every trick in the book they would just take a whippet on the merry go round wouldn’t touch cover just take the piss until the dog collapsed and had to be carried off 

how do i know well i’ve seen it many a time lol

Feck carrying them if a dog collapse with me I just put it in a rabbit hole so it's heads sticking out check it after a good week see if there's an improvement 

• Haha 4
16 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Been hearing the games f****d for a long time, for some people I’d say you’re right but there’s a good few still getting plenty done

And good luck to them all though I dread to think if I had the same hunger for the hunt and chase I had 30 years ago especially with roe deer now being seen on my doorstep even seeing them now makes my heart skip a beat and my old head puts my thoughts of getting another lurcher and having a bash at them to the back of my mind. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

And good luck to them all though I dread to think if I had the same hunger for the hunt and chase I had 30 years ago especially with roe deer now being seen on my doorstep even seeing them now makes my heart skip a beat and my old head puts my thoughts of getting another lurcher and having a bash at them to the back of my mind. 

I feel for you there mate, i have the same thoughts at least once a week.