Straight lines by Sarah

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who says they have not had or seen a dog straight lined, has not got the experience to voice an opinion worth listening to.

If you listen to half the people out there they've never blanked in there life always got dogs that are world beaters and everybody else's dogs are inferior

The dreaded words I hate to hear from anyone who is out with me " its dead this " well it might of been until you jinxed it!!!!!

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

All about numbers for some but really big numbers don’t mean much because below average dogs can put plenty game away if they’re taken to the right places. The way the weathers gone the last few years anyone starting before October is taking a big risk with injuries anyway

Starting before October has bin impossible round these parts for years tbh

• Like 2

I’ve ran hares all over the UK , and a few places around the world, let’s be honest, you get good ‘uns and bad ‘uns everywhere!

Young ‘uns that are as green as the grass they are running on, and old ‘uns near the end of their lives, and the ones in the prime of their lives that test the very best of dogs !

A dog man knows when he has a “hare dog” or just a dog that can catch a hare.

Daytime is infinitely different to lamping; I’ve caught five on one field on the lamp in winter with a ten year old deerhound cross that wouldn’t have caught one or two during the day.

If hare coursing is your game , just enjoy it and don’t get caught up in the numbers game.

Cheers.

• Like 7

Run tough terrain wether that's slop were your dogs sinking to its wrists or on a mountainside full of bogs and rocks .your dogs getting straight lined sooner or later  and not just by hares. the bigger stuff take a lot more stopping on there own on a hillside than any hare would any were .they proper  test a dog up there on that ground and distance 

• Like 3

My two dogs got blown away by a 3/4 grown rabbit one time, I've never seen a rabbit move that quick. I went to the property the next week and it happened again, I swear it was the same little fcker, they just couldn't get near it. I think the little cnt was on the ice. It was a bit embarrassing but I had to admire the little tweaker, lol.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

My two dogs got blown away by a 3/4 grown rabbit one time, I've never seen a rabbit move that quick. I went to the property the next week and it happened again, I swear it was the same little fcker, they just couldn't get near it. I think the little cnt was on the ice. It was a bit embarrassing but I had to admire the little tweaker, lol.

Imported midlander 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Did you call him a fackin blow flie

33 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

WTF I'm lost in translation 😵. Anyway the property owner laid Pindone after that which put an end to speedy and my permission 😒

Could've been worse, mate.  Gooey, aka mchull, off here, might've gone there with one of his slop hounds, and caught the blighter, and he'd be forever reminding you of it.

You'd have to live with that shame forever!!   

😄 👍

• Haha 1