Boots,Bear & Rose..

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

It's took while in to get to it but I knew this sudden reappearance would have something to do with a mating due and or baiting for stud fees.

I started the topic back on the 15th December there wasn't any bitch in season to be mated that I knew about ,the lad only rang me this past Sunday to ask me about a mating,the bitch was mated on Monday & Tuesday of this week so my 'reappearance' as you call it was nothing to do or couldn't of been anything to do with what you mention.I didn't ask for a penny regarding a stud fee nor a penny for fuel to trail up into Scotland with my dog,the lad offered but I refused. I mentioned it because this past month or so has been nothing short of suicidal with all the bad luck I've had,I've had grandchildren involved in car accidents resulting in hospital admissions & plenty more similar things,the loss of a dog & numerous other things. I've never charged for a stud fee in my life & I'm heading for 60 year's old so I'll not be starting now Joe. Are you back out of retirement with the dog's again then Joe? 

• Like 9

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FUJI said:

I started the topic back on the 15th December there wasn't any bitch in season to be mated that I knew about ,the lad only rang me this past Sunday to ask me about a mating,the bitch was mated on Monday & Tuesday of this week so my 'reappearance' as you call it was nothing to do or couldn't of been anything to do with what you mention.I didn't ask for a penny regarding a stud fee nor a penny for fuel to trail up into Scotland with my dog,the lad offered but I refused. I mentioned it because this past month or so has been nothing short of suicidal with all the bad luck I've had,I've had grandchildren involved in car accidents resulting in hospital admissions & plenty more similar things,the loss of a dog & numerous other things. I've never charged for a stud fee in my life & I'm heading for 60 year's old so I'll not be starting now Joe. Are you back out of retirement with the dog's again then Joe

Every one of has to deal with bad luck in one form or another the fact is that's life, this is a dog forum not an agony aunt forum. Retirement is so final 🤔   again it seems you know more than I do about my activity with lurchers? 😂 I prefer calling it a hiatus 😂👍 you will be doing your version of maths and telling me what game my dogs have decked in the the next post, it's fascinating to see that I'm so interesting! anyone who mentions your name to me I stop them immediately and say, I'm not interested, just wish I could get the same courtesy from people 👍

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Every one of has to deal with bad luck in one form or another the fact is that's life, this is a dog forum not an agony aunt forum. Retirement is so final 🤔   again it seems you know more than I do about my activity with lurchers? 😂 I prefer calling it a hiatus 😂👍 you will be doing your version of maths and telling me what game my dogs have decked in the the next post, it's fascinating to see that I'm so interesting! anyone who mentions your name to me I stop them immediately and say, I'm not interested, just wish I could get the same courtesy from people 👍

Good to hear your back at it so to speak,I'll not be doing any maths regarding what you've caught Joe but hope your keeping the dog's busy & enjoying running them again 👍🏻 good luck for the remainder of this season & let's hope the dog's stay free of injury 👍🏻

1699528373609-01.jpeg

• Like 1

I just want to set the record straight here,I did mention about Boots having mated a bitch earlier this week & truthfully I didn't have a motive to promote that as a sales pitch nor as a motive to promote Boots up for stud. I'm sorry if it came across as that,it never crossed my mind at all, I was only putting it out there as hopefully being a turning point regarding the awful run of bad luck I've recently endured. I only started this topic as a bit of craic regarding my own dog's & our recent adventures, nothing more & nothing less than that,just a bit of banter & to share a few pics that I've taken when out & about.. once again I'll apologise if it came across as I've mentioned at the beginning of this post..sorry 👍🏻

2021-03-03-30.jpg

• Like 2

Best thing I can say lads is take no notice of anybody else working your dogs what ever your doing and enjoy it we,re all along time dead. My life style lately with work and family etc etc does hold me back at times and I wish I could get out hell off alot more then I do like I used to but it is what I it is I still get out and have my days and nights out with my dogs 🐕 

• Like 7

🤔 Hmm,..personaly,...I like to read about any hunting man's adventures,...my own days in the sun are well and truly over,..so it's always good to hear what other enthusiasts are up to...👍

I've been around the minor field sports scene for decades, and one only has to look at the scarcity of contributors on the various hunting related Internet Forums, and indeed in the sporting press, to realise that our chosen way of life is becoming smaller and smaller...

I think that I had the best of it.... 😉

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 13
22 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

🤔 Hmm,..personaly,...I like to read about any hunting man's adventures,...my own days in the sun are well and truly over,..so it's always good to hear what other enthusiasts are up to...👍

I've been around the minor field sports scene for decades, and one only has to look at the scarcity of contributors on the various hunting related Internet Forums, and indeed in the sporting press, to realise that our chosen way of life is becoming smaller and smaller...

I think that I had the best of it.... 😉

File0008.jpg

Not many people still at it regularly with dogs these days, personally I think it’s a good thing, loads of people with very few brain cells being in to working dogs it’s what’s landed us where we are now with regards to laws

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Not many people still at it regularly with dogs these days, personally I think it’s a good thing, loads of people with very few brain cells being in to working dogs it’s what’s landed us where we are now with regards to laws

I beg to differ with that 1 mate the ban was pushed through by the Labour Party to secure votes it's simple as that yeah corse you'll have muppets you get that with anything there plenty of people out there who people will regard as professionals if you want but you'd be suprise what some of these so called professionals have to mess up people's way of life

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Penda said:

I beg to differ with that 1 mate the ban was pushed through by the Labour Party to secure votes it's simple as that yeah corse you'll have muppets you get that with anything there plenty of people out there who people will regard as professionals if you want but you'd be suprise what some of these so called professionals have to mess up people's way of life

I was talking about the recent change in laws mate mostly relating to coursing. That’s been brought on by the land driving community

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I was talking about the recent change in laws mate mostly relating to coursing. That’s been brought on by the land driving community

When I was in my late teens I was introduced to the world of the subaru and the blitz lamp great years I will say I grew up lamping on foot like everybody else did who owns or own a lurcher my dad was old school but once I'd got into this way of lamping for a young lad it ws exciting blasting across a field in hot pursuit of a fox or other quarry 1 thing I will say is the lads I lamped with didn't wreck fences etc they didn't drives across crop fields and churn them up there  was a level of respect if though yes we were off side but if you hot a place up your knackered for the next time. I think laws are all done for other reasons

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Penda said:

I agree with you in regards to what was the main reason that brought our downfall,that being the Labour Party & their promise of banning hunting with dog's which had long been a controversial topic just to gain votes that would tip thing's in their favour at the election,if you can recall we got word that the Tories would reverse what Labour brought in if they regained power at the next general election,again to secure our votes,many voted for them only because of what was said in regards to the reversal of the hunting with dog's act,the politicians lied to us as they very often do. Being honest I'm glad I'm in my twilight year's of working the running dog's with the way things now are,if you hunt freelance then the consequences if things go wrong can quite literally now be life changing,the days of getting a £25 fine are long gone. I can understand why many have quit & others have been reluctant to start out,there's a hell of a lot to lose these day's if you break the law. These dog's I currently own will personally be the last that I work. I'll no doubt still be the one walking/feeding/grooming/cleaning a couple of runner's in year's to come but I'll leave the working of them to other's. 

2021-03-03-40.jpg

• Like 9
21 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Top pic is an old Tin mine,local.. bottom one was a rescue up in Staffordshire way..9 m down ,2/3 ft away from a railway track on a big bank...at the bottom we went 12/14 ft in  along the tube to reach a second dog..2 of us laying on our stomachs,holding ankles...and 3 lads ready to go like f**k it it went pair shaped, everytime a train was coming ,we had to get out the hole sharpish👍

f**k that dc lol 

7 hours ago, FUJI said:

I started the topic back on the 15th December there wasn't any bitch in season to be mated that I knew about ,the lad only rang me this past Sunday to ask me about a mating,the bitch was mated on Monday & Tuesday of this week so my 'reappearance' as you call it was nothing to do or couldn't of been anything to do with what you mention.I didn't ask for a penny regarding a stud fee nor a penny for fuel to trail up into Scotland with my dog,the lad offered but I refused. I mentioned it because this past month or so has been nothing short of suicidal with all the bad luck I've had,I've had grandchildren involved in car accidents resulting in hospital admissions & plenty more similar things,the loss of a dog & numerous other things. I've never charged for a stud fee in my life & I'm heading for 60 year's old so I'll not be starting now Joe. Are you back out of retirement with the dog's again then Joe? 

lol i wouldn’t worry fuji the dog has been a belter and had a decades graft lads do well to use him 

• Like 5