Hard hitting wheaton lurcher

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some dogs are just not destined to make old bones

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire

greb taking the piss and lads are answering lol 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Whoknows said:

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire through injury whereby she smashed a leg, one luckily make it back after collapsing a lung and damaging her diaphragm, and one impale herself through the eye and have partial vision. It’s sadly the nature of the game if you run fast driven dogs on fast game. Sucks but there’s no way to dress it up. 

You are lucky!!!  🤓

Edited to add, sorry mate, I quoted the wrong post!!  👍

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, terryd said:

Nothing you can do. The crash bang wallop ones put stuff in the bag and pull off spectacular catches but its a gamble. Remember the old bull cross went round corner out of site. Next thing I heard thud thud as he ran flat out down hill through trees. Could tell he was maxed out and stretching to grab it by the sound. Next silence when he went straight over a bank through barb wire. Then an all might thud when he landed follow by a scream. Gave me chills that sound. Found him in heap of wire foot of a bank. He lived to go on for more disasters lol 

I might be wrong here mate, but wasn't your old dog bull/grey x collie/grey?

8 hours ago, shaaark said:

I might be wrong here mate, but wasn't your old dog bull/grey x collie/grey?

You are bang on but I was all ways blamed any thing on the bull part lol. Heart of lion but he was like a 30k terrier. Miss the old sod 

• Like 1
On 12/12/2023 at 10:55, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

Ye won’t unfortunately some dogs are just like that very full on you just have to pick the terrain and hope it goes well.

Absolutely. I don't think it can Be managed. Be aware of potential hazards. After my best ever dog suffered fatal injuries I've been relaxed about drive. My current collie X will pick up the odd injury but isn't a hard charger and I can use him everywhere. My whippet is psycho, picks up cut when ferreting and there are only two fields I have access to where I judge he is safe ish to lamp 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Whoknows said:

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire through injury whereby she smashed a leg, one luckily make it back after collapsing a lung and damaging her diaphragm, and one impale herself through the eye and have partial vision. It’s sadly the nature of the game if you run fast driven dogs on fast game. Sucks but there’s no way to dress it up. 

Sorry too hear that,they say bad luck comes in 3's..been there myself a few times🥺but I'd rather them retire early from injury or even die on the 'job' if I'm honest...got a 4/5 yr old bitch here and shes got teats full of lumps 🙄f***ing waste of a good dog...I wont be spending thousands and having lumps cut out,for them to grow back and get rinsed again 😔.. somethings just aint ment to be 👍

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Sorry too hear that,they say bad luck comes in 3's..been there myself a few times🥺but I'd rather them retire early from injury or even die on the 'job' if I'm honest...got a 4/5 yr old bitch here and shes got teats full of lumps 🙄f***ing waste of a good dog...I wont be spending thousands and having lumps cut out,for them to grow back and get rinsed again 😔.. somethings just aint ment to be 👍

Shame mate keep on with the oil she might make a recovery she's a stunning looking dog dc

Happy birthday to your lad did he get anything fishing related 😀 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Mine went same sure vets eyes started flashing pound symbols. But I left him be until he started to suffer and when did he went from ok to not in matter of week so the time came then 

• Like 1

On the side of the coin I had beddy whippet very light dog light as feather. Seemed to float all most could work her any where. Caught all her rabbits up against the hedge or in it. One night she didn’t float over a low electric fence which did her leg in unfortunately 

1 hour ago, terryd said:

Mine went same sure vets eyes started flashing pound symbols. But I left him be until he started to suffer and when did he went from ok to not in matter of week so the time came then 

Thats what I plan to do with my bitch Terry,gutted, would of liked a pup from her,but not taking the chance 👍DSC_4552.JPG.fc39331e6e6e64649d84926ec09fa752.JPG

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Shame mate keep on with the oil she might make a recovery she's a stunning looking dog dc

Happy birthday to your lad did he get anything fishing related 😀 

Probably in the tackle shop as we speak mate😁..he gave me a list of new gear he wants for xmas....told him he can have the cash,and we hit the boxing day sales👍