Hard hitting wheaton lurcher

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some dogs are just not destined to make old bones

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire

greb taking the piss and lads are answering lol 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve told you a billion times not to exaggerate !!!!!

Cheers.

What the f**k do I know, I've only owned one dog, briefly, in my entire life, 1976, can't even remember if it was a dog or bitch?!!  

😄 👍

Just now, shaaark said:

What the f**k do I know, I've only owned one dog, briefly, in my entire life, 1976, can't even remember if it was a dog or bitch?!!  

😄 👍

Ahh…..’76 ! The year my life changed irrevocably ! The year I married, but more earth shattering, the year I gave up the whippets and went full on lurcher !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Ahh…..’76 ! The year my life changed irrevocably ! The year I married, but more earth shattering, the year I gave up the whippets and went full on lurcher !

Cheers.

You ever going back to whippets, charts?

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You ever going back to whippets, charts?

This young deer/grey is enjoyable, and probably enough to keep me going now I’m in my 70’s , but I still have a hankering for a well bred non-ped whippet/grey, bit of racing, torment the odd hare, they’re easy to live with and give plenty of sport, so yeah, if a litter comes along that takes my fancy, why not !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

This young deer/grey is enjoyable, and probably enough to keep me going now I’m in my 70’s , but I still have a hankering for a well bred non-ped whippet/grey, bit of racing, torment the odd hare, they’re easy to live with and give plenty of sport, so yeah, if a litter comes along that takes my fancy, why not !

Cheers.

Good man.

Been without a dog myself a few years now, couple of obstacles in the way, plus our youngest son is only 2 1/2.  

Another couple of years til he's settled properly in school, then I might start looking in the direction of another whippet, myself.

They do get 'into' you, don't they?!  Lol  👍

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Good man.

Been without a dog myself a few years now, couple of obstacles in the way, plus our youngest son is only 2 1/2.  

Another couple of years til he's settled properly in school, then I might start looking in the direction of another whippet, myself.

They do get 'into' you, don't they?!  Lol  👍

I’ve never been without a dog since the 60’s even when I lived abroad. My missus whinges on that they are “tying” but they are less tying than the hens, ducks, quail I keep on my allotments, and less tying than the chihuahua she bought in Australia with my daughter and is sitting here on the settee !

My dogs are always kennelled and looking after them and working them is almost a full time job, it keeps me busy and hopefully fit.

Strange isn’t it that walking a muddy field in the middle of winter is more satisfying to some of us than sitting watching daytime telly ?

Cheers.

• Like 6
On 12/12/2023 at 10:23, jackofalltrades said:

I've a wheaton lurcher  thats 28tts, he leaves crime scenes every day he's out, he works day and night on all game except rabbits, problem I'm having is that he's hitting ditchs as hard and as fast as he goes on the lamp after game, any ideas to slow him down coming to a ditch or bank

Why would you not run rabbits?Started every lurcher Ive owned on plenty of rabbits before they see any other game,Teachers them to pace themselves and twist and turn.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Why would you not run rabbits?Started every lurcher Ive owned on plenty of rabbits before they see any other game,Teachers them to pace themselves and twist and turn.

Rabbits are as scarce as hens teeth here where I'm located, I'd say i haven't lamped a rabbit in 10 years 

Edited by jackofalltrades
More info
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Chance would be a fine thing. I think my young dog had run maybe 2 or 3 in his life ! 

37 minutes ago, Whoknows said:

Chance would be a fine thing. I think my young dog had run maybe 2 or 3 in his life ! 

Sort of agree with you there.

All my young lurchers, very rarely ran rabbits as youngsters. 

Just weren't enough around.  And that was 40 years ago.