Harkila coats

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carpe diem,you want that coat,you NEED that coat,don’t talk yourself out of it,I knew when I saw your opening post “shall I get it?” YES get the coat,be decisive,you actually like that coat,you know y

Looks a cracking coat....  But imagine snagging it on barbed wire 1st time out, I reckon I'd actually cry... Lol

I'm as tight as cramp. I've been stalking on the estate my mate works on and sleeping on his couch. One of my mates put on a group chat "I'll be surprised if he's wearing his own clothes"...... I look

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I like them mate i know im a big southern fairy and we dont get the kind of arctic temperatures you tough northerners get but ive been surprised how warm they are even up around your canister once you get your chin tucked in, i think they're great for this time of year just not sure about when it gets into the minus temps.

Ive been out in all weathers and down too -5 wearing mine,its upto the job imo mate👍

My only real complaint, was the cuffs on the older version I got...but now they have addressed the issues😁 I can make do with the one I got for now,its been relegated to the winter work wear pile now👍DSC_3664.JPG.61e44dbbd4971d26e97d79b40d85a005.JPG

15 hours ago, vfr400boy said:
WWW.SWILLINGTONSHOOTINGSUPPLIES.CO.UK

Deerhunter Ram Reversible XXL: Within the popular Ram series is this 2 in 1 jacket.. . The...

Found them but only in xxl 

Got the Ram trousers with the removable goretex liner.... probably 15 yr old and still as good as the day I bought them,I had that jacket but it got nicked along with my terrier boxes,shovels, bellman etc out of the back of my old  pick up🙈

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive been out in all weathers and down too -5 wearing mine,its upto the job imo mate👍

My only real complaint, was the cuffs on the older version I got...but now they have addressed the issues😁 I can make do with the one I got for now,its been relegated to the winter work wear pile now👍DSC_3664.JPG.61e44dbbd4971d26e97d79b40d85a005.JPG

With the cuffs do you mean that silly little thumb hole they have ?.....ive got one with them and one without but i dont like them.....- 5 will do for me,i like the fact they are comfortable to wear and not big bulky things,seem to have plenty of pockets as well which is handy.

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Cheers, mate.  Think I'll take the plunge and order one.

Are they OK for size, I'm a 52 inch chest.

That will be a xxl i think mate i went for a xxxl and it fits lovely but i like to wear them with just a t shirt underneath so with a jumper or whatever would be too tight but thats the beauty of these you'll still be warm enough with just a thin layer on underneath.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That will be a xxl i think mate i went for a xxxl and it fits lovely but i like to wear them with just a t shirt underneath so with a jumper or whatever would be too tight but thats the beauty of these you'll still be warm enough with just a thin layer on underneath.

Cheers for that, Gnash.

I'm pretty much the same, don't like too many layers on, or feeling a bit restricted.  👍

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

With the cuffs do you mean that silly little thumb hole they have ?.....ive got one with them and one without but i dont like them.....- 5 will do for me,i like the fact they are comfortable to wear and not big bulky things,seem to have plenty of pockets as well which is handy.

No,the fleece wrap around straps on the wrist...they have changed them to a rubber on the newest version 😁

On 13/12/2023 at 11:22, Daniel cain said:

Just ordered one of these to keep in the rucksack,anyone have one and rate them?

WWW.CRIBGOCHOUTDOOR.COM

<span>Paramo Bentu Windproof Jacket Men's: A versatile and durable windproof jacket designed to complement Bentu...

Came today...first impressions are good,I could of got away with a small instead of a medium size wise😁, enough room to wear a hoodie and fleece underneath and not look like the stay puff man...will get out over the holidays and try it out👍

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2023 at 19:47, DIDO.1 said:

My wardrobe consists of charity shop buys and hand me downs. I very rarely buy clothes new other than under pants which I ask for at Christmas. 

Anyway I recently decided on purchasing a decent outdoor coat. I've tried loads on but can't find one I really like. At house of bruar in Scotland I tried on a harkila one, it was spot on. Until I asked the price. £1200!!!

Now I would normally never consider such a price, but I like it, and never really spend money on anything so do I deserve a treat. I simply can't find the same coat anywhere else or cheaper on line. 

So, harkila one jacket..... would it be worth an investment or is that much money total insanity???

I remembered your coat post yesterday when I popped into Purdey’s,the shooting apparel is off the scale.

DC8FEA49-9A59-4596-8452-62A24927A35B.jpeg

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, mackem said:

I remembered your coat post yesterday when I popped into Purdey’s,the shooting apparel is off the scale.

DC8FEA49-9A59-4596-8452-62A24927A35B.jpeg

Did you go see Corbett's gun?

34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Did you go see Corbett's gun?

Corbett’s rifle is in Rigby’s mate,the bloke in the store told me to phone him and book the tour which I will do within the next month,I was shopping near Purdy’s yesterday so went in to see the taxidermy.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Just had a new deerhunter gilet delivered . Not impressed tbh for a XL it feels on the small side. I suppose that's what you get when chinks are making the clobber 

That's a relief I thought I was just a big fat b*****d but I'm not its them chinks with their dodgy tape measures 😄

• Haha 2