Typical THL General debate.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day... The man worked..the wife brought up the kids and looked after the house.. elderly parents lived with them until death..they could afford food..clothes..heating..electric..even

if we weren’t such a self cantered f***ing country the old would be cared for by there own not some f***ing nigerian who couldn’t care less other countrys look after there own not us 

I work in a dementia home and the video at the start is just a normal day and regarding the Nigerian night staff and the Indian ones I would happily line them all up and shoot them, most have no compa

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

God's waiting room on THL ends in yet more aggro.

My mums 91 and she wants to have a row with everyone, she was always bad but age has not mellowed her….if anything, she keeps inventing more things to moan about ! Lol 

Its a source of great amusement to all of us ! 

• Haha 2

My mam was a fighting Irish woman to the end. She cursed the doctors, but most of all she cursed God for allowing disease and unhappiness in the world. She said she would hold HIM to account when she got up there. Not the other way around. And I have absolutely no doubt she did.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife who works in a residential care home and says day's it's hard to keep a straight face when the residents are kicking off about African and Indian care worker's when they are seeing to their needs she has to try and convince the foreign staff the residents who kick off are not racist but nine times out of ten she has to go and help when they do kick off. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

My wife who works in a residential care home and says day's it's hard to keep a straight face when the residents are kicking off about African and Indian care worker's when they are seeing to their needs she has to try and convince the foreign staff the residents who kick off are not racist but nine times out of ten she has to go and help when they do kick off. 

The government has recently said no immigrants who can't earn over £38000 will be allowed into the UK. Care homes are in big trouble staffing wise. Successive governments keep saying they will fix social care and get people out of hospitals into care homes, but it never happens. At the moment ladies like your Mrs are propping up the system . They should be given medals, or better still a mammoth pay rise.

By drying up foreign labour the government have created one hell of a problem. Its not as though you could just get people off the dole. You need a caring personality and the patience of a saint. Qualities which you can't really teach.

Edited by jukel123
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

The government has recently said no immigrants who can't earn over £38000 will be allowed into the UK

Minimum salary threshold for skilled migrant visa,a welcome visa shakeup but it’s just an election sweetener.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, mackem said:

Minimum salary threshold for skilled migrant visa,a welcome visa shakeup but it’s just an election sweetener.

Hopefully it will make the government fix social care once and for all. Maybe by making social care workers on a par with nurses for example.

I'm all for increasing wages in the UK.  A report yesterday found that british workers earn on average 8 grand less than our continental neighbours performing the same jobs. It pointed to the fact that our competitors invest 3% of GDP in Industry training and research and development. Our solution has been to import an endless supply of foreign labour. Go figure.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

A report yesterday found that british workers earn on average 8 grand less than our continental neighbours perfororming the same jobs. 

Makes me wonder why the UK was flooded with EU workers when the door was opened,I remember Blair saying he woefully underestimated mass EU immigration in 2004.

Makes you wonder where the 750,000 legal plus all the illegal's, fit into the workplace? Nigerians are being brought over to work in the Home care sector. someone must have an earner going on somewhere as they arrive with a driving license. (can not drive for toffy) they get a small hatchback and a set of P plates. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Makes you wonder where the 750,000 legal plus all the illegal's, fit into the workplace? Nigerians are being brought over to work in the Home care sector. someone must have an earner going on somewhere as they arrive with a driving license. (can not drive for toffy) they get a small hatchback and a set of P plates. 

if we weren’t such a self cantered f***ing country the old would be cared for by there own not some f***ing nigerian who couldn’t care less other countrys look after there own not us 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

The government has recently said no immigrants who can't earn over £38000 will be allowed into the UK. Care homes are in big trouble staffing wise. Successive governments keep saying they will fix social care and get people out of hospitals into care homes, but it never happens. At the moment ladies like your Mrs are propping up the system . They should be given medals, or better still a mammoth pay rise.

By drying up foreign labour the government have created one hell of a problem. Its not as though you could just get people off the dole. You need a caring personality and the patience of a saint. Qualities which you can't really teach.

The long hours are another hurdle especially when women need to work their job around looking after the home and kids. Years ago when care homes were under the local authority the one the wife worked at was 3 shifts not 12 hour days and nights and better pay than she is getting now. 

• Like 2