Freelander 2 vs q5?

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Fitted this in the pick up the other week, nice bit of kit but had me scratching my head as it came flat packed with no instructions... nearly had to Google it until I remembered that's not the way of the man! Lol

Screenshot_20231126_144144_Gallery.jpg.63275c2ebdb8296b3290967d65154aff.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_144132_Gallery.jpg.6c79d8bb5d3ad5f1f2fa5f89b8b1fe3a.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_144115_Gallery.jpg.d8090c4d3cd0090d02d2f4be70a3b230.jpg

Smart set up that mate, my pick up has grass growing in the back ! Lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room

Best and most reliable thing about the Freelander I had................                     Was the f***ing towbar🙈

Done 16k miles the last 12 months..its on 70k miles now..super reliable and piss easy to work on everything is very basic and parts are cheap.. It's 23yr old now and I recon a brand new range rov

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, tidy machines….I had one but it got nicked ! Standard ! 
It’s probably bobbing round Nigeria or Bulgaria now 

They needed some extra security lol👍

Snapped a key in the ignition once...drove around for 2 yrs using the stump,you could start it  with a butter knife🤣

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

audi A4 allroad or Skoda scout would be my choice Len..could use them for abit of everything...f**k the jeeps and pick ups,money pits👍

Yes mate had plenty over the years, my bro has a yeti but every time i see him its like a postman pat moblie

• Haha 2

Why do you need one /what you using it for ?

Just to add my tuppeny worth Audis are over complicated money pits 

Landrover  haven’t made a decent motor since they stopped making 300tdi defenders .

Freelanders my supervisor bought 2 his son ended up with one to tow a caravan an they both been in the garage more times than I can remember an I know once he can get change it out he will 😂

Landrovers used to be tough things you can knock around and fix with tape a screwdriver and a hammer at the weekend .

one of the above freelanders ended up in a ditch due to a van coming round a bend in middle of the road and the bits that needed repairing on suspension was eye watering to complicated now they are for the durberry boot /cockerpoo milf brigade .

myself if I wanted a reliable suv /4wd type thing I would look at a mk2 Honda crv or Toyota Rav 4 petrol . 

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Fitted this in the pick up the other week, nice bit of kit but had me scratching my head as it came flat packed with no instructions... nearly had to Google it until I remembered that's not the way of the man! Lol

Screenshot_20231126_144144_Gallery.jpg.63275c2ebdb8296b3290967d65154aff.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_144132_Gallery.jpg.6c79d8bb5d3ad5f1f2fa5f89b8b1fe3a.jpg

Screenshot_20231126_144115_Gallery.jpg.d8090c4d3cd0090d02d2f4be70a3b230.jpg

I keep making plans to stick some sort of storage system in mine. But what I need seems to change every week. I’d forever be pulling in out. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Had a freelander for a works vehicle...bag of shite, only done 80,000m from new( full landrover service history and stamps,turbo blew,head went next, scrapped it for £200)my old Rav4 puts them to shame, comfort wise,better on fuel and go anywhere a landrover can... wasted thousands fixing stuff over the yrs..I ve had 2  hilux,navava,L200,fourtraks,90 county, series 2/3 discovery, foresters, legacy's ,sj410...the old 03 plate Xt4 Rav4 trumps them all for reliability 👍

DC heads gone on my old trooper, feel like a bluebottle with wings pulled off, it's been away for a month getting fixed, supposed to be getting it back this week, hope they've done a good job, I'm getting rinsed 

• Sad 1

You think the Freelander 2 is bad, I had a Freelander 1 1,8 petrol, Biggest bag of shit i have ever owned, 25MPG, slow as a f***ing snail, Shit off road compared to any other 4 x 4 i have ever owned, Some parts are still dealership only after 18 odd years, I had to replace a metal water pipe that runs along the back of the block, around a foot long with one bend in it, £126 f***ing quid. The heads are known to have a manufacturing defect that causes them to go all the time.  The uprated gasket cost a fortune, 

22 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

DC heads gone on my old trooper, feel like a bluebottle with wings pulled off, it's been away for a month getting fixed, supposed to be getting it back this week, hope they've done a good job, I'm getting rinsed 

Dont hear of that too often,them 3.1 lumps are Bombproof....mate used one in his old  defender was a beast and ive seen one in an old Jago ( wrangler jeep copy)..a months a long time? Head needs to be pressure tested etc mind....when its done,it will out last you👍

28 minutes ago, paulus said:

You think the Freelander 2 is bad, I had a Freelander 1 1,8 petrol, Biggest bag of shit i have ever owned, 25MPG, slow as a f***ing snail, Shit off road compared to any other 4 x 4 i have ever owned, Some parts are still dealership only after 18 odd years, I had to replace a metal water pipe that runs along the back of the block, around a foot long with one bend in it, £126 f***ing quid. The heads are known to have a manufacturing defect that causes them to go all the time.  The uprated gasket cost a fortune, 

Best and most reliable thing about the Freelander I had................

Was the f***ing towbar🙈

• Haha 6

A lad I  used to  work with bought one,was his pride and joy....in 2 yrs he spent double what he payed for it...gearbox mounts snapped,turbo went,diffs ,more lights on the dash than a xmas tree...one thing after another...I used to feel sorry for him every Monday when he was late for work and having shit off the ganger😔..best thing he did was scrap it and buy himself one of them little bipa/bipo vans👍