Non peds

Great thread, non - KC whippets (sorry but I cannot refer to selectively bred dogs with long and illustrious recorded pedigrees as non-ped but I am an outsider looking in and understand the term) must be one of the last of the great British working dogs that can still be properly tested doing the job that they were created for in regard to continual improvement. Love them, always have, always will.

• Like 3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little Mary, mid 60’s; One of the all time greats; only 23lb but would win 32lb scratch races against dogs and bitches. Sired by the pedigree whippet Bilko, but dam was bred greyhound

Max’s two young bitches; Both out of the same coursing bred bitch, but the fawn one is sired by the pure saluki, Snickers, and the black one sired by the non-ped Sky Warrior. It will b

Back on track. Perhaps the greatest non- ped stud dog, Supreme Racing Champion Good As Gold; Cheers.

Posted Images

Max’s two young bitches;

F122C228-1A36-4072-8B0A-AA5949B66315.jpeg.24291e043375b089b7ec7faec2bf4c10.jpeg

Both out of the same coursing bred bitch, but the fawn one is sired by the pure saluki, Snickers, and the black one sired by the non-ped Sky Warrior.

It will be very interesting to see how they compare in pace, stamina, etc.

I look forward to seeing their progress !

Cheers.

• Like 10
38 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He’s right into football now, but he still has his horse;

240FD782-49F0-47E8-86DA-B94561080F67.jpeg.2c514b498732e120d2928b950332a01e.jpeg

Im not sure if he takes after the p***y side of my family or the Bedouin side of his mothers family ! 
E8207A63-FEE5-4BF5-BB6B-EA3075F9CC9C.jpeg.60e7c0aeabe036f17af35f2b3f0a50ac.jpeg

Cheers.

Brilliant 👏 

My son has lost interest but hopefully he will find it again..

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Max’s two young bitches;

F122C228-1A36-4072-8B0A-AA5949B66315.jpeg.24291e043375b089b7ec7faec2bf4c10.jpeg

Both out of the same coursing bred bitch, but the fawn one is sired by the pure saluki, Snickers, and the black one sired by the non-ped Sky Warrior.

It will be very interesting to see how they compare in pace, stamina, etc.

I look forward to seeing their progress !

Cheers.

Very nice charts both of them 👌 

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Another top non-ped stud dog from yesteryear;

Rch. Haymaker;

F6EDCA5A-0C38-4327-94E8-F6170F14FBC9.jpeg.31343ce29f7acb56e0b4cc012dca2ff4.jpeg

I had a pup sired by him, out of my brothers bitch Flossy, a 32lb Rch Yorky boy x greyhound bitch.

Cheers.

Another cracker looks like a missile..

6 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Bobs paddy charts sired by Jack The Lad  can't mind the greyhound think it was droopy keswell I think.he produced alot of good luchers Screenshot_20231117-023956_Photos.jpg.15d0b9edc2f859a18f55140079c65675.jpg

The greyhound was Burnpark Time, which was sired by Droopy’s Kewell, which was sired by Larkhill Joe.

again, the very best of breeding on both the whippet and greyhound sides ‘

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I've seen Indian Joe run. He was one of those fabled creatures which could catch a hare or two in the morning and piss a race at night. He had an uncanny ability to hug bends. A real legend. 

Was that Indian Joe  the non-ped whippet or Indian Joe the greyhound?

Reason I ask is that Indian Joe the non-ped won his titles on straights and bends.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Was that Indian Joe  the non-ped whippet or Indian Joe the greyhound?

Reason I ask is that Indian Joe the non-ped won his titles on straights and bends.

Cheers.

Non ped whippet mate. I didn't know he was equally good on straights. His owner gave up racing soon after Indian Joe retired and went into racing pigeons. I'm guessing because once you've had the best  everything  is down hill from then on.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Non ped whippet mate. I didn't know he was equally good on straights. His owner gave up racing soon after Indian Joe retired and went into racing pigeons. I'm guessing because once you've had the best everything   is down hill from then on.

Yeah, he won his BWRA Rch title on both straights and bends, and won his NWRF Rch on bends.

A terrific achievement back then as there was far more dogs and far more races, including regionals, to win before getting to the final.

I well remember the days of walking to the whippet racing, coursing a hare or two on the way, having a few races then a course or two on the way back. Something the non-ped racers wouldn’t dream of doing these days.

Cheers.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yeah, he won his BWRA Rch title on both straights and bends, and won his NWRF Rch on bends.

A terrific achievement back then as there was far more dogs and far more races, including regionals, to win before getting to the final.

I well remember the days of walking to the whippet racing, coursing a hare or two on the way, having a few races then a course or two on the way back. Something the non-ped racers wouldn’t dream of doing these days.

Cheers.

Did u ever injure one on the way 2 the race and think ffs