Alsation lurchers

On 13/11/2023 at 20:57, lanesra said:

Ray when I visited you and we had a walk I felt the power in him , as said lovely temperament and done Ray proud.

we must be going back about 8 years then, he was   3 then  ,  yeh full on for his hunting  then, but when not  hunting , had real nice temp with people, kids, and good with dogs . will you be coming over again , i am Hereford now,  if   you do pop over pm ,:good:

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fawn bitch my old mates first x gsd . Decent all rounder 

yeh mate, still got me old dog, he 11  now,  and he 1x gsd x grey , good feet, coat, good pace, good wind . not going say he any better than any other lurcherxs , there plenty of lads got lurcher x lu

I think  was on here as Germhound many years ago . I've ended up in NZ, been here 16 yrs , I brought 1st x gsd grey with me called Zappa he lasted untill he was 13 ,  put him to a greyhound and k

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, lanesra said:

If I remember rightly was Bucks sire Razzamataz Ray from south wales ?

Yes, spot on it was, big 27in 75lb good distance greyhound, Buck was always going to big strong dog, with Razz as sire, his dam the gsd was 24in strong fit bitch, he old now mate 11,  he OK plods along nice steady, shame they get old but he gave me 8 good years clamping, had some long hard nights with him👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bird said:

Yes, spot on it was, big 27in 75lb good distance greyhound, Buck was always going to big strong dog, with Razz as sire, his dam the gsd was 24in strong fit bitch, he old now mate 11,  he OK plods along nice steady, shame they get old but he gave me 8 good years clamping, had some long hard nights with him👍

f**k me Ray , bet you creamed ur pants , when u seen this topic and a chance to write about Buck Hahahahaha 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Big Ron said:

f**k me Ray , bet you creamed ur pants , when u seen this topic and a chance to write about Buck Hahahahaha 

Lol, it all history now mate, he just old dog, be nice if made couple more years, but he 11 already, he might with bit of luck. 🤞

2 hours ago, lanesra said:

S.B. Had similiar type , Musket & Rooney where well respected dogs 

Think he wrote them in the  EDRD, took fair bit of game with them as well  he always preferred the 1x gsd xgrey, to the to 1/4 bred gsd x grey,  think he went to Oz,  and worked them there rabbits, few pigs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2023 at 00:10, bird said:

True John, he  as aged, well he is 11, but  as you know we had many a good night with  him, remember that one night he got that fox in field, and all the cattle were chasing him, he jumped the fookin fence with fox in his mouth.there was no way was living his fox threre he must thought fook cattle lol, he was full on after his quarry wasn't  he. Remember that night we bought lad out with us, he wanted few tips on lamping. I said hold  Buck, and I get over the fence , I started to climb over, when fookin Buck jumped up, and nearly dragged the lad over the fence, I had pull Buck back, the lad went near 6ft in air  haha, he was strong bugger  Buck  was lol. Yeh Trig shame to see him old now mate

I remember the lad mate. He was the one I give a lamp too and you gifted him a coat. We never seen him again lol

1 hour ago, trigger2 said:

I remember the lad mate. He was the one I give a lamp too and you gifted him a coat. We never seen him again lol

yep, he must thought  he done well that night, lamp and a coat, the fecker haha 

• Haha 3
  • 4 months later...

I think  was on here as Germhound many years ago .

I've ended up in NZ, been here 16 yrs , I brought 1st x gsd grey with me called Zappa he lasted untill he was 13 ,  put him to a greyhound and kept 2 back and done a father to daughter mating about 8 yrs back. Kept 2 males out of a litter of 3 , both died young from work. The female of the litter went to my partners daughter as a pet . I used to 'borrow' her for ferreting , she was an excellent marker ,she's just come home as the daughter has gone to Oz for a while. I've been a self employed pest controller for 12 yrs what a job , mostly ferrets and dogs working the rabbit populations in gardens around the town and surrounding areas . I have a team of 20 dogs at present, mixed , Welsh springers , WSS , Speagles and whippets.

I've not replaced the gsd x greyhounds but the x will always be my favourite working dog.

I've decided to retire so will need to re-home a few as I wind down. Must admit it's been amazing and the places rabbits live and I've worked well , I could write a book .

We're only allowed 3 ferrets by law , no breeding , all trapped from the wild and tamed. Some hurt , they go some don't, they stay. 

We've hunted wallabies , possum, feral cats , rabbits , hares , pigs , hedgehogs , ducks , pheasant. Done heap of trapping too ferrets stoats weasels cats hedgehogs, shot a few deer and goats , all pests in NZ   I've certainly been blessed . 

One job even involved a helicopter up in the air at night with thermal gear , sending GPS co ordinates to the operator I was working with,  a drive to the hotspot , it was lit up for me with quad lights and I ferreted the holes .  That was for a total rabbit eradication project on a large conservation area. 

We go under Phoenix Working Whites Whippets and Welshies on FB 

S.B 

• Like 7

I've found my last post as Germhound, I never produced the reverse 3/4 cross I was thinking of doing . My plans changed for sure . 

I have/had team of white shepherds,  2 of the working team of 4 are still with me , imported a bitch from Italy last year that dog sure can hunt. A light framed dog compared to my NZ lines . She has produced a litter and 2 bitches I kept are showing they like hunting .

As for the gsd X I have Zappa's semen on ice , I was going to put it to a very small grew I had here ( she was the grew that never grew ) but she passed a few weeks back after a day's work. Not sure what to do now. Maybe back to the reverse 3/4 idea. If I could go back I would of tried to bring the size down a bit , to suit the work I've been doing here. Lots of small gardens from 1/4 acre up. Lots of tight areas that test a dog.

See what retirement brings . 

• Like 5

Great post mate really enjoyed that. Regret not going new zealand when I had the chance. So is domestic ferret breeding banned because stoats etc are deemed such a pest if you have any escapees? Do they not have fox in NZ like Oz? 

23 hours ago, Germhound 2 said:

I have/had team of white shepherds,  2 of the working team of 4 are still with me , imported a bitch from Italy last year that dog sure can hunt.

I've never really thought of the German Shepherd as a hunting dog but a mate has one and says it's one of the best pig dogs he's owned and rarely gets injured.