Alsation lurchers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fawn bitch my old mates first x gsd . Decent all rounder 

yeh mate, still got me old dog, he 11  now,  and he 1x gsd x grey , good feet, coat, good pace, good wind . not going say he any better than any other lurcherxs , there plenty of lads got lurcher x lu

I think  was on here as Germhound many years ago . I've ended up in NZ, been here 16 yrs , I brought 1st x gsd grey with me called Zappa he lasted untill he was 13 ,  put him to a greyhound and k

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, greg64 said:

24 tss

I've mentioned it on here, years ago, but I once owned a GSD bitch, years ago.  She developed a severe colitis.  At the time there was no cure.

I put a lot of care and training into her, so wasn't prepared for the vet's recommendation to have her pts, at about 5 months.

Anyway, a mate of mine took her off me, a while later, to guard his allotment and a few kennels.

One of his lurchers, collie/grey xwhip/grey mated with her, and he kept a bitch pup from that litter, and lamped her with a fair amount of success.

A couple of years later, he bred her with the sires litter brother. She had eight pups.

I don't know about all of the pups, but the few we kept in touch with were extremely useful dogs.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, trigger2 said:

He was a good dog buck. It was a shame to see him looking so old the other week.

True John, he  as aged, well he is 11, but  as you know we had many a good night with  him, remember that one night he got that fox in field, and all the cattle were chasing him, he jumped the fookin fence with fox in his mouth.there was no way was living his fox threre he must thought fook cattle lol, he was full on after his quarry wasn't  he. Remember that night we bought lad out with us, he wanted few tips on lamping. I said hold  Buck, and I get over the fence , I started to climb over, when fookin Buck jumped up, and nearly dragged the lad over the fence, I had pull Buck back, the lad went near 6ft in air  haha, he was strong bugger  Buck  was lol. Yeh Trig shame to see him old now mate

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 03/11/2023 at 00:09, bird said:

Well, hard to say really, I went to lot of places, he had roe, cwd, fallow. Munjack.  What I got went in me freezer, it was great to somthing, more so if I had travled   6 hours  round trip, and come back   happy. As long as he caught something That's all that mater to me, not how many he caught. But where he really came into his own. Was going in cover day /night, he smash through any thick cover to get his quarry, he had few munjack in woods, that takes good dog to do that, his nose was brill finding them, I think got most pleasure, seeing him do that, coming out either dead munjack, or a fox, feck knows how did it, my  collie x grey Bryn, would never do it, he watch him, and wait if there was bolt from cover, day or night,  for big dog doing it was  brill to see deff. They make great mooching dogs as well, a lamping  dog. 👍

100% I agree quality over quantity. Was just trying to gauge whether you had done a lot of deer with him or just a few because it would be interesting to hear how a GSD cross fared if it was getting ran on deer regularly compared to some of the more popular crosses 

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 1

Alsations were used for a multitude of different purposes wasn't they such as the police and in the forces the good athletic ones I mean not the show stuff that damaged the hips etc.

They was a originally a herding dog?

What was there stamina like I'm not comparing to the collie but it must still have some engine n drive the old alsation?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dodger said:

Alsations were used for a multitude of different purposes wasn't they such as the police and in the forces the good athletic ones I mean not the show stuff that damaged the hips etc.

They was a originally a herding dog?

What was there stamina like I'm not comparing to the collie but it must still have some engine n drive the old alsation?

The old man did his National service in the Royal Veterinary Core and was posted out to the middle East and said the Alsations they had that they took from Melton Mowbray soon adapted to the heat.

• Like 2
On 03/11/2023 at 12:35, bird said:

Thanks mate, your spot on with what wrote. The dam was from Eastern European bred stuff, she go out in the day with the lads terriers and lurcher, a fit healthy bitch , nice straight back etc, good guard dog, but not over the top, a nice  nature, and  Razzmatazz, was big 28 in distance greyhound from Max stuff on here, he deff got good dogs in him. And regards the dam as the base blood =gsd, I think it put that bit more fire into to the litter, the dam 24 in, and razz 28in, we new the pups make 26 - 28in, Buck 28in, he deff was full on to his quarry, but like said, when not hunting, was very docile with people and dogs, great temp, prob not get  a temp  like him again. I never had dog like him in temp, they either nice temp, but not kill a fox, or bigger things, or do quarry, but bit sharp with people or dogs,  so he got it spot on, best temp really in me 37 years lamping these buggers lol

What did the bitches in Bucks litter turn out like mate its a cross i might be tempted at trying just for mooching about local and having a dog with a guarding instinct due to crime being on the increase were i live.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It’s a trait but mine used them in the woods 😉 there was recently a stunning malinois  x saluki grey I think on fb working dog page that has same pricked ears  .

IMG_1273.jpeg

Looks robust,would you get another?Fennec ears.

FF05A7AE-C601-42A6-9B22-C3876B9503CC.jpeg