Anyone want to chip in?

Went there early 90s with an ex girlfriend, what a beautiful place... from the baby elephant spraying kids with water in the sea at our hotel, to riding elephants down the river Kwai, then going to the pow museum at the river Kwai bridge, one of the most moving places Iver ever visited, also the war grave yard, walking around reading headstones from Brits, Australians, Thais, Americans etc... hard nor to feel very moved.... Travelling on the local trains, with people carrying crates of chickens, or brining on goats on chains! Lol

Playing guitar and singing in a local rock pub with the house bamd that was ran by an ex Thai pop star, place was heaving every night and after playing once, he'd spot us walking up the street and announce over the mic that the English man would come and sing, I was pretty shit imo but the locals loved it! Lol

Travelling out to islands on the long propped skiff type boats you see on James Bond, and walking to the top of the islands to visit amazing temples that must've taken 100's of years to build, just getting the materials there would be a task!

Visiting floating markets along the rivers, eating some of the best food I've ever had for no more than a tenner for 2 including drinks!

Making a genuine friendship with a young local couple who took us around on their tuk tuk, they introduced us to a family member who owned a very traditional local restaurant, gave us a meal on the house, (I obviously ensured he got money, but the thought and care was there for us)... when we left they gave us a carved sun and orchid, the orchid symbolised friendship and the sun was to take back to the cold and wet UK..lol

I've not got back, why I don't know, my kids are now an age where I'd love to take them, we stayed in a place called Hau Hin (spelling?) Was very traditional, enough going on to be interesting but I had zero interest in sex workers or lady boys and the country is so much more than that... 

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The place where Romanian traditions are still alive……Shoplifting begging and anti-social behaviour?A few wooden buildings on an acre of land,you could get the same in wales or Scotland for that price

At least he didn’t waste it ! Lol 

Serves them right for fishing round the 3rd world looking to pray on people they think are vulnerable because the sad c**ts can’t cop a homegrown bird. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Went there early 90s with an ex girlfriend, what a beautiful place... from the baby elephant spraying kids with water in the sea at our hotel, to riding elephants down the river Kwai, then going to the pow museum at the river Kwai bridge, one of the most moving places Iver ever visited, also the war grave yard, walking around reading headstones from Brits, Australians, Thais, Americans etc... hard nor to feel very moved.... Travelling on the local trains, with people carrying crates of chickens, or brining on goats on chains! Lol

Playing guitar and singing in a local rock pub with the house bamd that was ran by an ex Thai pop star, place was heaving every night and after playing once, he'd spot us walking up the street and announce over the mic that the English man would come and sing, I was pretty shit imo but the locals loved it! Lol

Travelling out to islands on the long propped skiff type boats you see on James Bond, and walking to the top of the islands to visit amazing temples that must've taken 100's of years to build, just getting the materials there would be a task!

Visiting floating markets along the rivers, eating some of the best food I've ever had for no more than a tenner for 2 including drinks!

Making a genuine friendship with a young local couple who took us around on their tuk tuk, they introduced us to a family member who owned a very traditional local restaurant, gave us a meal on the house, (I obviously ensured he got money, but the thought and care was there for us)... when we left they gave us a carved sun and orchid, the orchid symbolised friendship and the sun was to take back to the cold and wet UK..lol

I've not got back, why I don't know, my kids are now an age where I'd love to take them, we stayed in a place called Hau Hin (spelling?) Was very traditional, enough going on to be interesting but I had zero interest in sex workers or lady boys and the country is so much more than that... 

hua hin a few hours south of Bangkok?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

hua hin a few hours south of Bangkok?

Yes mate, about 3 hours, was only in Bangkok briefly, looked back at it as we were driving out and the smog cloud was huge! I wasn't disappointed to leave if I'm honest...

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

It ain't hard ,lets be honest to pull a fat bird/any bird on your own merit ,on a Saturday night in any  town up and down the UK...

To be honest, I've always thought folks that need to join these dating apps etc...a tad f***ing sad,photo filters and bullshit just to get a jump🤣..what ever happened to the 'chase'?busting a few moves and having the craic???

“You smell nice love ! What have you got on ? Cillit bang ? “ 

“has anyone ever told you you have hair like Keith lemon ? 

never failed 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yes mate, about 3 hours, was only in Bangkok briefly, looked back at it as we were driving out and the smog cloud was huge! I wasn't disappointed to leave if I'm honest...

Nice beach Hua Hin,I like Bangkok,used to be a few hours flight from HK so it was convenient for a family holiday.Last time I was there I spent all day watching the big monitor lizards hunting along the canals.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I go hua hin to start pal rather than bangkok or pattaya very nice relaxed place but busy in peak times now like the rest of Thailand 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Nice beach Hua Hin,I like Bangkok,used to be a few hours flight from HK so it was convenient for a family holiday.Last time I was there I spent all day watching the big monitor lizards hunting along the canals.

Spend half my time on holiday wildlife watching, those monitor lizards were beasts...also went for an early morning walk around a lake, loads of catfish in there, I'm walking through long grass trying to get a better look and spot a decent size snake going through the water... I made my way back to where I could see my feet and legs! Lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I go hua hin to start pal rather than bangkok or pattaya very nice relaxed place but busy in peak times now like the rest of Thailand 

Nearly 30 years ago mate and seemed very traditional and chilled out, I can't sit still so we got out everyday and went discovering, loved it tbh... have a great trip.mate

On 30/10/2023 at 10:09, mel b said:

My brother is in the Philippines at the moment,  having a house built for him and his girlfriend.  He's feckin mental .  He had the best english wife in the world , that was well out of his league in every way , but he still isn't satisfied. 

I've tried to explain to him that he'll end up buried in the jungle , but he's doing what he wants , and doesn't give a rats ass.

One of the guys that work for him ( in this country)  ,  Has been sending most of his wages to his phillipino girlfriend for years. He sends her thousands of pounds a year , and he's never even thrown a leg over her . When he goes to visit every year , he has to stay in a hotel (and not the house that he paid for ), and he isn't allowed to visit the business that he owns out there with his girlfriend,  that he has to buy a new roof for every year.

Some folks are just mental.

Sone people have mug written all over him . 

a lad I used to work with was in debt up to his eyes with direct debits to finance companies for tit jobs for strippers from Norwich that used to text him photos of there feet in return. 

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Nearly 30 years ago mate and seemed very traditional and chilled out, I can't sit still so we got out everyday and went discovering, loved it tbh... have a great trip.mate

What we try to do aswel mate get out and about they make a real effort running upto Xmas all shopping centres decked out etc so while in hua hin last year outside newer shopping centre there chiang beer put a stage on few singers and selling beer towers etc so we just sat out there on a evening never even went into a bar have a few beer towers and mrs have me up dancing which gave everyone a good laugh 😃 

I suppose it’s one thing to visit and soak up the experience but quiet another thing to cart 23 year old Ping Pong home and crack on like she couldn’t resist you clobber from Tesco, your beer gut and your greasy thinning canister  then swan about like stars aligned ! 

My good pal is married to a Thai bird, he is a lovely lad but he’s be the one under the table when it kicked off and downstairs nursing a quad of tinnys at a party while you were upstairs conducting a Roman orgy !…..she’s a nice girl, her first English was “wanker” which is what she used to call him, over the course of their marriage she has spent 4 nights a week at the cards school & night clubs, rinsed him for 60 large at the gambling and now, in her 40s she has calmed down and he has bought her a beauty salon……he gos fishing all the time ! Lol 

He did briefly have an English bird when we were young but she f****d him off ! Lol 

I gave him dogs abuse when he rolled up with her but when they got married I showed him some respect and didn’t  mention it anymore….we just don’t go there. 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 3

And then theres the Carp fishing.Now you wouldnt catch me dead sat round a poxy lake for days on end over here listening to a load of boring fat c**ts going on about their new bite alarms or secret flavour boilies.But Thailand is another matter.Laid on a sun lounger under a bamboo shelter.Some little f****r bringinging you cold Singha's and pad thai for a couple of baht tip,Even putting your baht on for you.Almost guaranteed a whopper every hour and when you do get one near the bank you can even send the little f****r in the late to grab it for you.And when you get bored of that just jump on your scooter and f**k off and find something else fun to do

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
39 minutes ago, downsouth said:

And then theres the Carp fishing.Now you wouldnt catch me dead sat round a poxy lake for days on end over here listening to a load of boring fat c**ts going on about their new bite alarms or secret flavour boilies.But Thailand is another matter.Laid on a sun lounger under a bamboo shelter.Some little f****r bringinging you cold Singha's and pad thai for a couple of baht tip,Even putting your baht on for you.Almost guaranteed a whopper every hour and when you do get one near the bank you can even send the little f****r in the late to grab it for you.And when you get bored of that just jump on your scooter and f**k off and find something else fun to do

First time I ever went fishing in Thailand was at the old bungsamran lake (blocks of flats now stand where it was)best large fish freshwater fishing lake I ever visited,catfish up to 400 Lb I think?Your arms were aching after a day on that lake,fantastic place.

• Like 2
On 31/10/2023 at 11:02, downsouth said:

Thailand isnt really third world.Yes theres poor areas the same as any other country but theres also places dripping in money.You say theres so many other beautiful places,What makes you think that there isnt beautiful places in Thailand?Its not all paddling fields and run down slums

You might be right i dont know the place doesnt interest me in the slightest im just jumping on the bandwagon i suppose,reputation sticks......although the fact that any bloke who go's there seems to immediately make it clear " i dont go there for the ting tongs " does make you wonder where that reputation actually came from in the first place 🤣🤣

Anyway you's carry on each to their own and all that.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Spend half my time on holiday wildlife watching, those monitor lizards were beasts...also went for an early morning walk around a lake, loads of catfish in there, I'm walking through long grass trying to get a better look and spot a decent size snake going through the water... I made my way back to where I could see my feet and legs! Lol

19 hours ago, mackem said:

The way you two have written that , If I took my boy to Thailand , we would end up sat watching them from the minute we landed to the minute we left . He’d be a total and complete nightmare throughout. 

next year I might be aligned to new job and on the list is a job in Kenya , I was saying to the wife , it Would be amazing , the kids into an international school , weekends in lodges , safaris , to up mt Kenya etc and she just looked at me and said “  if you think for one minute , he’d go to school when you get there . Your up a pole “ 

• Haha 3