Sycamore gap tree..

Some cnuts cut it down!

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Northumbria police commissioner said she was "incandescent" that it looked...

I didn't know anything about the tree until a lad at work mentioned it just a few weeks back. Bit of a landmark apparently and popular with photographs. I'd said I'd get over and see it at some point. Not happening now is it.

Any ideas.. who and why??

IMG-20230928-WA0007.jpg.5421348cd1a1dc95f2b463812aa40585.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He will get done for Treeson.

I was in London today . Walked around a bit , went to Camden ( not bad , few bellends about , good pizza , nice coffee , bought some trainers ) then up into Leicester square ( busy , contemplated book

What a cuntish thing to do

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if was a disgruntled land owner/farmer did it to keep Joe public away from it or something along those lines. 

National Trust are the owners and they are shocked.

What a b*****d that did that.

Cheers Arry

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if was a disgruntled land owner/farmer did it to keep Joe public away from it or something along those lines. 

That's exactly what I thought mate! I did say that to the lad at work that went there last year.. he said there's acces right along there as it's on the Hadrians wall route. He was bloody gutted when I told him some f@@ker had felled it! I was wondering if that tree had been planted there hundreds of years ago by someone who had the foresight of knowing how grand it would look there when mature but also knowing they'd never get the pleasure of seeing the finished article. Who knows!  

• Like 3

All joking aside that is a significant tree to cut down and looks to have been done by someone that new what they were doing even appears to have been notched on one side to dictate the direction of fall, I would think a 16 year old kid would be more likely to chop his leg off with a saw big enough to run through that in one go, think more will come out on this one 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

All joking aside that is a significant tree to cut down and looks to have been done by someone that new what they were doing even appears to have been notched on one side to dictate the direction of fall, I would think a 16 year old kid would be more likely to chop his leg off with a saw big enough to run through that in one go, think more will come out on this one 

Good point! How does the Law stand with a 16 year old doing that anyone??