Public footpaths etc.

I use one called outdoor active  it use to be called veiw ranger...I can't tell you if its the best because its the only one I've used but it does show all the footpaths and trails and it's free in basic mode which is all I need. @byron

• Like 1
2 hours ago, byron said:

Mornings.

Could Any one tell me the best tried and tested map for android, for public footpaths etc.i do a lot of biking..thanks

Sure you know but your not allowed to cycle on Public Footpaths, only on bridleways, white roads etc.

Cheers, D.

I've got one which I found by accident. I was looking for footpaths in a particular area in Devon which I didn't have a paper OS map for and found this online:

WWW.DEVONPERSPECTIVES.CO.UK

Not sure if that's right as I hand typed it. Ooh...it's just changed into a link before my eyes. Magic!😂 Although it's of Devon, I found you can zoom in and out and move to any area of England, Wales and Scotland. No Ireland though I'm afraid.  

Poo! The link doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Neal

Wow

I don't think there has ever been a request on here from.someone wanting to know where they ARE allowed!!!!

Anti.????

🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you Google definitive maps that will show you all the current and final rights of way in UK, and if you look for your area (or area your interested in) it should define footpaths, bridleways, highways.👍

• Haha 1

Do you have a bell on your bicycle? Handy things to have when approaching from behind. Dogs could be old and deaf, people could old and deaf and blind and f****d. Warning from dicks on bicycles  before passing very close is welcomed and recommended. 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Do you have a bell on your bicycle? Handy things to have when approaching from behind. Dogs could be old and deaf, people could old and deaf and blind and f****d. Warning from dicks on bicycles  before passing very close is welcomed and recommended. 

The most fukcing annoying thing ever!  When I'm on the bike and I approach people, I shout (in a pleasant way 😁) "coming through" if I'm walking and people on bikes ring their bell more than one "ting" I totally ignore them it's as though they are saying "get out of the way"

The worst are the ones who silently flash past you, you don't know they are there ffs.

Have threatened to put the lead and coupling through a few spokes over the years, especially when people on bikes say "your dog should be on a lead" on a fecking bridleway 😡 bikes are supposed to give way to everything else, horses, dogs, pedestrians etc.

Electric bikes are absolutely shite as they allow dicks who wouldn't normally be on bikes to roam the trails around where I live.

Cnuts 😁 

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3