Brian Plummer.

13 minutes ago, comanche said:

Ha. I had the one with the misspelling on the cover too.  I remember my Mum ,who worked as a spell checker in an audio typing pool spotted it immediately. 

I was convinced she was wrong as l naively thought that surely a publishing company wouldn't make such a mistake...

I gave all my Plummer books away; don't  miss em .

We both got one of a very small number of books from the first print run before they spotted the error,I think he did his own proof reading.

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plummer and his books drew me to 2 things, the first was collie greyhounds and the second was Scotland.  From the moment I'd read all the books I dreamed of a blue mere half cross. But back then I cou

Don't know if it's just me but the older you get the faster it seems to go time that is.

Sadly I haven't been up for a good few years now. The last time I went we went island hopping off Orkneys. I took my old collie grey who I still have today but is 17 years old and on his last legs. I

Posted Images

2 hours ago, timmy k said:

I expect to hear rave reviews. If your a Vigo fan there's another gooden where he acts as a chauffeur/ body guard for the black fella out of the third true detective series, based on a true story if I remember right, but cant remember what its called.  Whilst on about true detective watch the 1st and 3rd, don't bother with the 2nd its shite and doesn't follow on anyway, so you won't miss nowt.

Just done eastern promises, cheers ,great watch ! 

2 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Just done eastern promises, cheers ,great watch ! 

That was quick. I love that film so much that my daughter bought me a tattoo machine and the first tatt I gave myself was stars on my knees😁

I'm a bit daft like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, dytkos said:

Got most of Plummers books, mostly 1st editions (including the Ferreting one) even had a pup out of Richard Jones back in the early 80s.

They are all for sale if anyone wants to make me offers? 😁 

Cheers, D.

Remember seeing a lad at a show walking around with two stunning merle lurchers that were out of the book merle the start of a dynasty Balam and Barack they called them i invited the lad to a day's coursing on permission to see these dogs in action but I still think Plummer had told him not to run them in company of strangers. Though the lad's mate did turn up with a dog called blue out of merles first litter who Plummer mentioned frequently in the shooting news. I always wondered what happened to Balam and Barack and did they make decent lurchers. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Balam and Barack……….. Plummer had told him not to run them in company of strangers………did they make decent lurchers.

It was balaam and Balak from the bible,I think plummer called them balaam and Barak.Eye catching dogs but probably also-rans as a dynasty was being founded,if they were decent dogs they would have been woven into the tale instead of being mentioned in passing.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

It was balaam and Balak from the bible,I think plummer called them balaam and Barak.Eye catching dogs but probably also-rans as a dynasty was being founded,if they were decent dogs they would have been woven into the tale instead of being mentioned in passing.

Didn't his line die off, as too much inbreeding and not out crossing, if I heard that right.

8 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Didn't his line die off, as too much inbreeding and not out crossing, if I heard that right.

Maybe mate,probably fathom and penguin and suchlike,that’s when he teamed up with Hancock to brand-name collie Lurchers.

• Like 1

I think Hancock later teamed up with Dave Platts to help with his deer hound revival 

5 minutes ago, mackem said:

Maybe mate,probably fathom and penguin and suchlike,that’s when he teamed up with Hancock to brand-name collie Lurchers.

Its quite incestuous the dog world.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I think Hancock later teamed up with Dave Platts to help with his deer hound revival 

Its quite incestuous the dog world.

That wasn't Hancock the lurcher farmer, colonel Hancock was a fan of them deer Grey's👍

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

That wasn't Hancock the lurcher farmer, colonel Hancock was a fan of them deer Grey's👍

Arrr thanks for the correction Gilbey.

So what did Colonel Hancock do to help Dave, I always thought he ment the lurcher farmer when speaking to him lol.😃