Goodbye old friend .

Had to have my dog PTS this afternoon nearly 14 yrs of age thankfully the vet made the decision for me right back leg went then left  leg deteriorated with paralysis. So couldn't support his weight he did have an earlier episode few months earlier but seemed to sort its self out with laser treatment and arthritis injections . But started limping again earlier in the week then his back end just suddenly went . Me and the wife was with him till the end and stayed with him for a good 20 mins after the injection I at least owed him that . Not a world beater far from it but as a mate and a  good companion counsellor listener on shit days at work and other bollocks 5 star . You will be sadly missed sooty my friend and to say I am and the wife are feeling raw at the moment is an understatement by far . Gutted isn't the word 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to have my dog PTS this afternoon nearly 14 yrs of age thankfully the vet made the decision for me right back leg went then left  leg deteriorated with paralysis. So couldn't support his weight he

Had to come home early from a trip away the weekend before last,after my old terrier bitch went down hill suddenly 😔my eldest Boy and myself put a shovel in the ground one last time for her on the Sun

Can you fuk. Full of blaggers, dreamers, wrongens and dinlo's.  You need to move with someone to know what they are really all about. I've met a good number over the years and I have been mostly

Posted Images

Had to come home early from a trip away the weekend before last,after my old terrier bitch went down hill suddenly 😔my eldest Boy and myself put a shovel in the ground one last time for her on the Sunday...I  honestly hate them making 'old bones' and having to watch the life be sucked out of em🥺.. easier by far if they go young out in the field...sorry for your loss pal,ATVB 👍DSC_4717.JPG.22e2ec705d8031162bf2a754fe62305d.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Sorry for your loss folks. Had mine put down couple weeks ago. His lump on the leg just got to big and he started struggling. Worse thing was mentally he was fine. Our last walk together was heart breaking and he marked a rabbit. Next day doing the deed in the vets wrecked me. Bloody pain in ass and liability but give anything have him back 

IMG_9952.jpeg.ebace64844b68056703610efd3ce9f5a.jpeg

• Like 4
12 hours ago, terryd said:

Sorry for your loss folks. Had mine put down couple weeks ago. His lump on the leg just got to big and he started struggling. Worse thing was mentally he was fine. Our last walk together was heart breaking and he marked a rabbit. Next day doing the deed in the vets wrecked me. Bloody pain in ass and liability but give anything have him back 

Know how you feel mate . Could almost be related .

20190810_164456-1.jpg

• Like 1
On 17/08/2023 at 19:00, gasaxeman said:

Had to have my dog PTS this afternoon nearly 14 yrs of age thankfully the vet made the decision for me right back leg went then left  leg deteriorated with paralysis. So couldn't support his weight he did have an earlier episode few months earlier but seemed to sort its self out with laser treatment and arthritis injections . But started limping again earlier in the week then his back end just suddenly went . Me and the wife was with him till the end and stayed with him for a good 20 mins after the injection I at least owed him that . Not a world beater far from it but as a mate and a  good companion counsellor listener on shit days at work and other bollocks 5 star . You will be sadly missed sooty my friend and to say I am and the wife are feeling raw at the moment is an understatement by far . Gutted isn't the word 

Sad day mate, never easy. 

15 hours ago, terryd said:

Another sad  read, I know he done your head in at times mate, but knocks the crap out of you, when you know he not in his kennel or in the house at night. Big old Buck near 11 now, I know big dogs go quicker than small dogs,but hope he go few more years yet. 

1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Always hits hard losing a dog but prefer to do my grieving in private with family, not on forums with pretend internet friends and strangers.

True Joe, I can see where you coming from mate. But I will say this, since I've been on here I've met some real nice people, been out lamping  and mooching about. And if when I've lost dogs in the past, some killed in the field, never said nothing only the lads knew I been lamping with. But my last 2 lurchers, old Bryn and old Buck who I still got, few lads off here knew them both, Buck near. 11 like said on here when that sad day comes I  let few know on here, who knew  the dog, he been my best lamp dog, so I might find it hard to just feckin write him, never mind putting a post up.!! 

• Like 2