25 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Reckon they’d be too slow for anything bigger than rabbits? Shame that really as they look like they could take a few knocks but suppose no point adding stuff that’s lacking speed to run fast quarry

You could say the same as a collie  beddie  most stuff added to a sighhound hasn't got the speed to catch rabbits  but there added for a reason to toughen the sighhound up or add heart 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need to mind is made up just trying to get to get a post going  but no point place is f..ked 

God knows why it's upside down,  without incriminating myself I can guarantee they're more than capable at retrieving shot foxes

I’ve seen a lot of feet, tendon and muscle injuries, especially dropped graccillis, on non ped whippets, more so on the extremely fast ones. I put this down to the fact they spend most of there t

13 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

You could say the same as a collie  beddie  most stuff added to a sighhound hasn't got the speed to catch rabbits  but there added for a reason to toughen the sighhound up or add heart 

Well they’re getting more popular now so will be interesting to see if they catch on for bigger quarry

1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Not really think they be capable  of a few things bigger than rabbits over a shorter distance  they have no fear and are very tough that dillydog cross he's just done will be more tha capable of bigger stuff mixed in with the right breeding you  would have very good dog 

They look like a cracking pair, be interesting to see the results 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

That's the sire to my we dog neil he's been a good dog to his owner the guy that bred mine bred the sire as well.

It’s something to ponder over the next few seasons 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Not really think they be capable  of a few things bigger than rabbits over a shorter distance  they have no fear and are very tough that dillydog cross he's just done will be more tha capable of bigger stuff mixed in with the right breeding you  would have very good dog 

My ACD x was taking chinks on flooded water meadows and had caught a few hares both on the lamp and day time before i lost her at 11 months old and she was no racey dog but had speed,she was Dereks old Jake dogs litter sister..

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, fireman said:

My ACD x was taking chinks on flooded water meadows and had caught a few hares both on the lamp and day time before i lost her at 11 months old and she was no racey dog but had speed,she was Dereks old Jake dogs litter sister..

And good on fox?

15 minutes ago, fireman said:

Bet it was fireman great we dogs full of determination ? 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Could be better a good grew over her could be the answer 

Was thinking that me self, say nice grew to a acd bitch, a  not quite a 1x as such with  2 sighthounds as such in the mix but poss better, as whippet gives speed/agility, and plenty of guts for most quarry, the none ped racing whippets down the track hit 22-23in 34lb, would pile into foxes no prob if you let them, so drop greyhound as well good as well. The acd side clever tough dogs great stamina, good coat, I really think make good mooching dog, and good lamp dog, feck me if big old Buck could catch  38 in a night and couple Charlie's if need be, they do it no prob. If was younger /fitter it be a type x I deff find room for in my kennel ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bird said:

Was thinking that me self, say nice grew to a acd bitch, a  not quite a 1x as such with  2 sighthounds as such in the mix but poss better, as whippet gives speed/agility, and plenty of guts for most quarry, the none ped racing whippets down the track hit 22-23in 34lb, would pile into foxes no prob if you let them, so drop greyhound as well good as well. The acd side clever tough dogs great stamina, good coat, I really think make good mooching dog, and good lamp dog, feck me if big old Buck could catch  38 in a night and couple Charlie's if need be, they do it no prob. If was younger /fitter it be a type x I deff find room for in my kennel ?

Didn't Old Phil breed a litter that way back in the 80's or am I wrong again???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Didn't Old Phil breed a litter that way back in the 80's or am I wrong again???

He put a ACD dog over a greyhound bitch, Dillys and the dam to NL's bitch  are a grey dog over a acd bitch..:thumbs:..