First Lurcher was given to me by the taxi driver that took us to school. He new I like hunting and stuff and one morning just handed me a Lurcher pup. Think I was about 15 at time. Poor dog ended up with some sort of mange and was dam near bald. Vet tried all sorts and couldn’t shift it. Was a blessing to be honest when it got out one night got run over. Poor bugger. 

• Sad 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my first lurcher that was all mine, I had just left the Army, I was homeless and considering suicide due to PTSD.  I came to hear about this lurcher pup that was being given away as her

First running dog was a non-ped whippet, 1967; Fast forward 56 years and the latest is a first cross deer/grey; Never been without a running dog. Cheers.  

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

First running dog was a non-ped whippet, 1967;

BCDB65D8-8388-47D1-900C-038BC7A422DF.jpeg.adda50a0db02a1c2b2fdcb89fca6cfdc.jpeg

Fast forward 56 years and the latest is a first cross deer/grey;

C9B785D5-9EFB-44E9-B6A8-92A072366351.jpeg.7b713be0bf35e8a5b14f80f4bc1ddc81.jpeg

Never been without a running dog.

Cheers.

I was born into the running world never been with a lurcher ever since 

I was born into salukis, read lurcher books and thought about a few different lurcher types, but a saluki litter came up at Consett and I got a fawn dog. The parti at home was alright with no training but a Muppet with other dogs. I trained my fawn like I'd read in the lurcher books and he was fine with other dogs but much more independent ?

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Nice looking dog that deer/grey does it do well enough in the field? Don’t see many of them around these days

5 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Nice looking dog that deer/grey does it do well enough in the field? Don’t see many of them around these days

She’s only had one season, I have high hopes for her this coming season.

If she does as well as the deer/grey she replaced, I’ll be happy !

Cheers.

On 09/07/2023 at 10:16, downsouth said:

How the hell did you blag a saluki/greyhound off as a wheaton/collie/greynound mix?Has he never laid eyes on any of them breeds?

God knows mate think after driving his 15 year old down from the Scottish Borders down to Bishop Auckland on a Tuesday night he didn’t want to disappoint me by thing same as you that I had the wool pulled over my eyes 

he also was probably glad for the chance to train the pigeons at a decent distance and proud that I paid for it myself and gave him my luck money to him for fuel 

the boy was some man I tried to track him down years later phoned the local pub they hung up phone when I mentioned his name googled it and it was a cracker lol 

outstanding bitch that set a very high standard shite on hare during the day but she done things I’ll never see again 

ruined her breeding her but still killed till she was ten just a totally different bitch to deal with 

5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

How olds that one you e got just now charts volume up here where I live have a bro and sis from a litter in north east maybe just under two stunning pair hopefully they’ll get them into a few scrapes but they’ll defo be unplanned 

2 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

How olds that one you e got just now charts volume up here where I live have a bro and sis from a litter in north east maybe just under two stunning pair hopefully they’ll get them into a few scrapes but they’ll defo be unplanned 

Just turned two. 
Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

Just turned two. 
Cheers.

All speak to them over weekend and give you a pm if I find out more probably not but be nice to think they where from same litter hell defo not let me borrow one to meet you half way lol 

• Like 1
On 09/07/2023 at 12:28, WhiteSalukiBitch said:

This was my first lurcher that was all mine, I had just left the Army, I was homeless and considering suicide due to PTSD. 

I came to hear about this lurcher pup that was being given away as her owners couldn't manage her. I grew up with working Lurchers and was the perfect owner for her. 

Me and her camped and hunted together, till a mate moved us in with him, then I started my nurse training but we still went out mooching every day and she was my heart and soul dog. I had her until she ran hard into a fence post at 9 years old and I had to PTS. That was 11 years ago and i still miss her and she's still the top dog I've ever had 

Screenshot_20191217-223936__01.jpg

Are they granite setts?