Just now, jukel123 said:

Yes, they could sense strangers and nervousness. If you showed weakness you were doomed. I used to visit my grandad in Moss Side and I had to run the gauntlet of packs of dogs which sensed I didn't belong and the local kids were even more scary.

It was the same for me ?

Feeling posh from west lancs 

• Haha 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first thing I suss about a person is their accent. I have learned the following: brummie accents generally belong to retarded people. A fallout with a Glaswegian accent often  heralds a violent at

Some Of the words my old grandparents used I never understood as a kid, like “where’s me f***ing twirls” or “ I need a f***ing glim”  “can’t find me smother”    twirls would be keys gli

My missus just said the other day that you don't see dogs on the street these days.  We are in our 70's so we did back on the day, I remember Billy the bull dog, he was an English bull terrier, u

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Did you ever meant a rum old bugger called Pat Connoly? 

They lived at Walkden too I remember. 

Don't recall him.mate,  I used to run around we a reet bunch of lads,  I also have memories of sergeant earl of walked cid, I had loads of run ins we him , I knocked about with the Derbyshire brothers , and a lad called George Purdy, f**k me those were the days 

Just now, iworkwhippets said:

Don't recall him.mate,  I used to run around we a reet bunch of lads,  I also have memories of sergeant earl of walked cid, I had loads of run ins we him , I knocked about with the Derbyshire brothers , and a lad called George Purdy, f**k me those were the days 

Walkden cid 

51 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Who the f**k do you think you are.....Astanley ?????

Cheers.

I know EXACTLY who I am, charts. 

And if @Astanley feels the need, to pull people on their grammar, like I do sometimes, good on him.  ??

Edited by shaaark

My missus just said the other day that you don't see dogs on the street these days. 

We are in our 70's so we did back on the day, I remember Billy the bull dog, he was an English bull terrier, used to be outside our school with a brick or a tin can in his mouth, he looked like a real bull terrier and was harmless to people, but we all gave him a wide berth ! 

Whippets and lurchers were let out in the morning and a few of them were decent enough to leave a hare on the doorstep when you got home !

Rose tinted glasses ? ...... no, it's the way it was back then.

Cheers.

• Like 7

With media, communication and world travel the way it is today, it surprises me accents still persist.

We will all be speaking in the same way soon.....what does a Punjabi accent sound like??

Edited by Deker
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I know EXACTLY who I am, charts. 

And if @Astanley feels the need, to pull people on their grammar, like I do sometimes, good on him.  ??

I assume you know I'm joking mate, if you don't then I can only apologise profusely.

Cheers.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My missus just said the other day that you don't see dogs on the street these days. 

We are in our 70's so we did back on the day, I remember Billy the bull dog, he was an English bull terrier, used to be outside our school with a brick or a tin can in his mouth, he looked like a real bull terrier and was harmless to people, but we all gave him a wide berth ! 

Whippets and lurchers were let out in the morning and a few of them were decent enough to leave a hare on the doorstep when you got home !

Rose tinted glasses ? ...... no, it's the way it was back then.

Cheers.

Enticing a bitch in heat into school was always worth a laugh. The bitch was always accompanied by a dozen or so pumping dogs chased by stressed out teachers. Ten minutes of priceless entertainment.

We had a dog which always hung around the playground. His nickname was bumming Ben because he would mount kids in short trousers. Another dog Sheba, a cross alsation always appeared at games and chased the football. Our PE teacher didn't fit the stereotype and was quite a gentle man, so it up to us to throw mud and the occasional boot at it. It was all part of the fun for it though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The young ones all talk the same around here but they mix more town to town than we did and then younger than that younger than that my god daughter speaks bloody American watching YouTube 

every town in the Scottish Borders has there own twang to are accents I can still get shivers from the thought of going to the dentist as a bairn and the receptionist along my name in the broadest gala twang (accent)

Hawick is a different level down there from the older generation 

the posh university Scottish accent Kevin bridges protrays so well kills me the most awful thing my ears have heard 

2 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

The young ones all talk the same around here but they mix more town to town than we did and then younger than that younger than that my god daughter speaks bloody American watching YouTube 

every town in the Scottish Borders has there own twang to are accents I can still get shivers from the thought of going to the dentist as a bairn and the receptionist along my name in the broadest gala twang (accent)

Hawick is a different level down there from the older generation 

the posh university Scottish accent Kevin bridges protrays so well kills me the most awful thing my ears have heard 

Youngsters are very prone to starting a sentence with 'so', employing a lot of sassy head movements and ending a statement as though they are answering a question. All copied from America I guess. ( I am aware I guess is an Americanism) lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Youngsters are very prone to starting a sentence with 'so', employing a lot of sassy head movements and ending a statement as though they are answering a question. All copied from America I guess. ( I am aware I guess is an Americanism) lol

Can't stand that Americanism SHITE!!!