Seizer/collapse

I meant to say that this is the second time it's happened to me but the first was 18 months ago n again happened in public as I was beating at the time, it does make me wonder especially with it happening again on Monday what would happen if I was on my own..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit embarrassing but I ended up in hospital on Monday, at the time I only became conscious when the ambulance pulled up to the hospital and the paramedics told me that I'd collapsed n had some sort of

Anything to do with the recent heat wave ? It can take you by suprise if you are out and active and don’t take enough fluids and keep hydrated.  Take care mate! Cheers.

I didn't realise some wanted this section banned that's ludicrous imo as it has a constant traffic plus a real community better than any Facebook page n still going strong after 20 years so I'm surpri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, steve66 said:

Hopefully follow up appointments will get to the cause of the problem and put you on the mend ?

Hope so mate although I still don't know why it happened 18 months ago but maybe now that it's happened again they will look more into it..

• Like 1

A young lad I work with is epileptic which they finally diagnosed after him fitting at work and coming off his moped etc. They had his seizures under control with meds and he was allowed to drive and has been for a few years now until he recently had a seizure driving and had a disagreement with a lamp post at a decent speed. He doesn't remember the journey 10 minutes or so before crashing so must have been on autopilot and luckily it was rural and clear roads. He had recently been put on anti depressants which messed up his epilepsy meds.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, dodger said:

I'm 43 mate n no unfortunately I don't eat aswell as I should..

you could feel mentally not right threw having a concussion mate 

i don’t see what eating right would have to do with out unless you were diabetic but they will have checked for that could be low blood pressure again did they check or as chart said heat taken it out a you 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1

Hope your ok mate sounds very scarey . My sister started having small seizures out of the blue, she would sweat, and go into slow motion, and then talk or slur her words , I said becarefull driving anyhow got a call a few weeks later from a landlord of a pub, she had a turn and drove into his pub , smashed the garden furniture up and put the front door in , she’s now banned and is having tests, she’s proper down in the dumps at the minute

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Hope your ok mate sounds very scarey . My sister started having small seizures out of the blue, she would sweat, and go into slow motion, and then talk or slur her words , I said becarefull driving anyhow got a call a few weeks later from a landlord of a pub, she had a turn and drove into his pub , smashed the garden furniture up and put the front door in , she’s now banned and is having tests, she’s proper down in the dumps at the minute

Kinnel mate that's a shame for your sister atleast she's ok

What got me when I was coming round n saw the paramedics I had no clue what had happened or were I was n then it must have clicked that I was in London taking my 2 kids home, but at that time I couldn't remember were they was or if I'd dropped them off so one of the paramedics went through my phone n called my ex were they'd learned that I'd handed them over to her so they was fine thankfully but it transpired that I must of gone down in only 2 or 3 minutes after dropping them off so I'm glad atleast that it didn't happen infront of the boys..

I had something happen to me 3 or 4 years ago . I'd just started a new job and got a promotion to supervisor within first 6 months and got given my own van etc . I was home after work and Mrs had made fish and chips and i wolfed it down . I lay on the sofa with my head on the seat bit and my legs up on the arm rest . I remember starting to cough and then sitting up and coughing more and next thing I remember was Mrs yanking me up off the sofa and my young daughter in tears in the hallway . Apparently I was sitting down coughing and then went outstretched flat as a board (head on the headrest bit, back of knees on the seat corner and my arse off the seat if you can imagine it . Like if u rested a but of timber on your sofa)  . Mrs was shouting at me and all I was saying was " what the f**k, what the f**k , what's happened " . I have no recollection of it . If anything I felt OK directly afterwards and even tho I knew something had happened because I didn't remember it It was weird how everybody was so worried . Normally my Mrs is the first to sleep and I sit there watching a bit of TV or looking at my phone but she wouldn't go to sleep and kept watching me and stayed up for 2 hours after I was a asleep watching me to make sure I was OK.  Next day I decided I was fine enough to go to to do a little hobble I had planned but half way there I started feeling wobbly and turned back . Went to doctors and they said I had "Cough syncope" and they took my license for 6 months which went down like a lead balloon in work .  Had nothing since but whenever I do start coughing now I'm really Carefully that I manage my coughing better instead of just coughing wildly like I used to I try to control it 

I really don't like the feeling of knowing something happened but not remembering it 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you could feel mentally not right threw having a concussion mate 

i don’t see what eating right would have to do with out unless you were diabetic but they will have checked for that could be low blood pressure again did they check or as chart said heat taken it out a you 

Iv got a gash on the back of my head so must have fallen backwards n apparently I was convulsing n frothing at the mouth n choking on my tongue there would've been loads of people there so God knows what it must of looked like maybe even someone helped me until ambulance arrived I have no clue

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I had something happen to me 3 or 4 years ago . I'd just started a new job and got a promotion to supervisor within first 6 months and got given my own van etc . I was home after work and Mrs had made fish and chips and i wolfed it down . I lay on the sofa with my head on the seat bit and my legs up on the arm rest . I remember starting to cough and then sitting up and coughing more and next thing I remember was Mrs yanking me up off the sofa and my young daughter in tears in the hallway . Apparently I was sitting down coughing and then went outstretched flat as a board (head on the headrest bit, back of knees on the seat corner and my arse off the seat if you can imagine it . Like if u rested a but of timber on your sofa)  . Mrs was shouting at me and all I was saying was " what the f**k, what the f**k , what's happened " . I have no recollection of it . If anything I felt OK directly afterwards and even tho I knew something had happened because I didn't remember it It was weird how everybody was so worried . Normally my Mrs is the first to sleep and I sit there watching a bit of TV or looking at my phone but she wouldn't go to sleep and kept watching me and stayed up for 2 hours after I was a asleep watching me to make sure I was OK.  Next day I decided I was fine enough to go to to do a little hobble I had planned but half way there I started feeling wobbly and turned back . Went to doctors and they said I had "Cough syncope" and they took my license for 6 months which went down like a lead balloon in work .  Had nothing since but whenever I do start coughing now I'm really Carefully that I manage my coughing better instead of just coughing wildly like I used to I try to control it 

I really don't like the feeling of knowing something happened but not remembering it 

I'm glad to here that 4 years on it hasn't happened to you again?

2 hours ago, dodger said:

Thanks mate right now I just feel like every part of me is sore n mentally I don't feel myself?

I'd actually been taking my boys back to London after them staying with me for the weekend but in that ambulance I didn't know we're I was what I was doing or what day it was really strange, as I was lay in the hospital bed throught the day things bit by but started to come back to me..

Thanks for sharing about your grandson that is young to be going through that do you know what he was diagnosed with?

It's a type of epilepsy though with medication and a type of diet he sticks too It's rarely happening lately thank feck.