Why don’t people help each other

a lot of it is down to the simple fact that if the slightest thing goes wrong, guess who is going to be on the wrong end of a law suit, when I had the truck carried a lot of tools with me all the time so changing wheels was a doddle, after one dickhead blamed me for a wheel trim falling off and wanting me to pay for a new one my attitude changed, would stop and offer tools or a jack for THEM to change a wheel but that was all, even wary now of offering lifts to hikers, this is not down to society no longer caring, it`s down to the blame culture.

17 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Much as i agree i do think part of it is down to a lack of trust i sent a couple of young lads i know to help an old boy out the other week and he threatened to phone the police ?...it took them 10 minutes to make him understand the whole mutual friend thing....similarly i stopped to help a young lady with car trouble not that long ago she politely told me to go away in a " you could be anyone " kind of way.....theres just no trust in communities anymore sadly.

I get that 100% mate but I,m also aware of first impressions and to most people the first thing they think when they see me is p***y, I,ve had people lock there car doors when I,ve stopped to help them and also lots if people try to pay you as they seem to think it’s your motive for helping but I still always do it also pick up a few hikers on my travels as well, I,m quite a believer in karma and as arry says goes round comes round ?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I get that 100% mate but I,m also aware of first impressions and to most people the first thing they think when they see me is p***y, I,ve had people lock there car doors when I,ve stopped to help them and also lots if people try to pay you as they seem to think it’s your motive for helping but I still always do it also pick up a few hikers on my travels as well, I,m quite a believer in karma and as arry says goes round comes round ?

You quite often get people offering you money, I think in some cases it’s a defence mechanism, as in, if I give him a few quid he won’t mug me, a few months ago I seen a bloke walking along with a petrol can ( I’d passed the car half a mile down the road) I took him to the petrol station and he kept trying to give me 20 quid, I told him no and pass it on, he bought a homeless lad something to eat that was sat outside Maccy’s ( that might of been a punishment giving him that sh*te though)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Stavross said:

You quite often get people offering you money, I think in some cases it’s a defence mechanism, as in, if I give him a few quid he won’t mug me, a few months ago I seen a bloke walking along with a petrol can ( I’d passed the car half a mile down the road) I took him to the petrol station and he kept trying to give me 20 quid, I told him no and pass it on, he bought a homeless lad something to eat that was sat outside Maccy’s ( that might of been a punishment giving him that sh*te though)

Had the offer of money for changing a wheel refused and said to them tell you what, You try and do a favour for some body that needs it in return.

I pick a lad and his girlfriend one day, said to them that gear your carrying stinks like hell. Oh we aren't carrying any gear, don't kid a kidder I was a little hippy type once. Think they were kinda surprised and then said do you what some as a gift. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Stavross said:

Today I thought sod it, I’m having a 4 day weekend, now a 70 year old woman wanted her patio cleaning, was quoted £60, doesn’t have £60 but has a son and a neighbour capable of doing it for her, neither volunteered, so this morning I put the jet wash in the van, bought a gallon of the cheapest patio cleaner I could find and turned up and within an hour had it looking like new

home, had a shower and popped to the shop, on the way I seen 2 young lasses on the other side of the road with a flat tyre, one had the spare out, the other was holding the jack looking very confused, now a good 40 cars went past them and not one stopped, so I went down to the roundabout and back up to them, took me 2 minutes to put the spare on for them, I find it very hard to believe that nobody could of helped them in all them cars that had passed them

theres to many people about now that are only interested in what they can get for themselves and bugger everyone else, it boils my piss that people won’t help someone else just because they can and it’s a nice thing to do 

anyway, rant over 

Now, cast your mind back to the 1st pandemic, we had. Remember, all the shops were running out of bread, bog roll, veg, food was getting  harder to get. Nurse came on telly crying, she been on night shift, wanted to get a loaf, and some bacon etc, couldn't get feck all. Look mate, it dog eat dog out there, even right now, I've said on here lot times, man, and woman, the worse animals that live on this planet fact, so Don't be surprised by how people behave deff, this is from 70 year old man, who met lot people in them years, and never been any real differnt?

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, bird said:

Now, cast your mind back to the 1st pandemic, we had. Remember, all the shops were running out of bread, bog roll, veg, food was getting  harder to get. Nurse came on telly crying, she been on night shift, wanted to get a loaf, and some bacon etc, couldn't get feck all. Look mate, it dog eat dog out there, even right now, I've said on here lot times, man, and woman, the worse animals that live on this planet fact, so Don't be surprised by how people behave deff, this is from 70 year old man, who met lot people in them years, and never been any real differnt?

I had no time for that silly bint crying and posting it everywhere....silly cow. 

But I get your point, think the media love panic though, makes a good story so they always have an eye on creating it.

Only shelves I saw empty during the plandemic was processed food....the fresh meat counter, fish counter and veg were all still piled high. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, bird said:

It’s a sad case though isn’t it, if I found myself in a situation where I needed someone’s help I’d like to think it was offered and that why I’d help someone now, and it makes up for all the horrendous things I did when I was younger ( lol )

• Like 2
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Remember “clap for the nhs” ????

Clap for the NHS. The day I see a nurse protesting about the half a million plus migrants last year putting strain on health care and housing I'll clap for em . Wanted the economy shutting down for two years and a 30% pay rise, mad b*****ds.

• Like 2
On 26/05/2023 at 16:47, Stavross said:

Today I thought sod it, I’m having a 4 day weekend, now a 70 year old woman wanted her patio cleaning, was quoted £60, doesn’t have £60 but has a son and a neighbour capable of doing it for her, neither volunteered, so this morning I put the jet wash in the van, bought a gallon of the cheapest patio cleaner I could find and turned up and within an hour had it looking like new

home, had a shower and popped to the shop, on the way I seen 2 young lasses on the other side of the road with a flat tyre, one had the spare out, the other was holding the jack looking very confused, now a good 40 cars went past them and not one stopped, so I went down to the roundabout and back up to them, took me 2 minutes to put the spare on for them, I find it very hard to believe that nobody could of helped them in all them cars that had passed them

theres to many people about now that are only interested in what they can get for themselves and bugger everyone else, it boils my piss that people won’t help someone else just because they can and it’s a nice thing to do 

anyway, rant over 

Them days are long gone in Blighty. I don’t get back much but the last time, I couldn’t believe it’s my home.

My mum is disabled, when I was around 8 we got a puncture. I went and knocked on the nearest door and asked for help. Top bloke, came out and changed the wheel in 2mins and taught me a valuable life lesson on how to do it. That’s the England I remember.

• Like 2
On 27/05/2023 at 09:53, Greyman said:

I used to be really conscious of the whole first impressions thing being a big ugly f****r id always try to put people at ease but kids are just fearless only a few weeks ago a kid maybe 8 or 9 came hurtling past on one of them skateboard/scooter type things he went arse over tit and landed in a crumpled heap....it was just automatic reaction to pick him up and brush him down etc.....the mum came running up saying thanks and whatever but the dad gave me such a look,i thought go on i dare you !.....i know the rules are different now but im f****d if im going to sit by and watch a kid crying his eyes out.

• Like 5

Reckon it costs little or nothing to do a kindness but often makes a big difference to someone, some may take it the wrong way but you don't know until you've offered. To many moaning about how its changed rather than being the one's that shows it hasn't by stepping up and being the one who offers to help....?

Ps those whinging about NHS, Covid etc, get a life u whinging feckers lol.

• Like 1