4 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Understand that , when it’s gone it’s gone, I’m the same I know 100% I will regret selling this as I will never get anything like it , or be able to afford it. But no point slaving all our lives need to move on and create a nice warm , cosy heat efficient home .my kids will loose this place to inheritance tax once I’m in the tomb position anyway.

The kids are one of the reasons we want to do it. So they realise you DONT have to get into the machine of 9-5 and a big mortgage, there is other options. I wasn't taught that, I was just brought up as you leave school and get a job, then get a trade, pay your taxes and work till you retire. Just another cog. Anyone that didn't do that was a bum or a lazy b*****d.

I don't want mine thinking that.

Strip it right back and we NEED water, food and shelter. If you can provide that without selling your life then that is a better option!

• Like 12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a clear out lads.  Had enough of the constant price rises and pressures strategically applied by this shit show of a government so me and the misus are working towards selling up and going off

Good luck mate?.... I plan to do the same in a few yrs...sell everything off when we hit  50,go back to basics,Myself,Mrs and a small whippet type,new motorhome and away...f**k the Rat Race and t

So basically you went on holiday? 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

The kids are one of the reasons we want to do it. So they realise you DONT have to get into the machine of 9-5 and a big mortgage, there is other options. I wasn't taught that, I was just brought up as you leave school and get a job, then get a trade, pay your taxes and work till you retire. Just another cog. Anyone that didn't do that was a bum or a lazy b*****d.

Strip it right back and we NEED water, food and shelter. If you can provide that without selling your life then that is a better option!

Good luck mate , wish I could afford to do it , 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Lemmings mate, I often look at people running for the train to London everyday, they do it for 40 years ffs. Like robots.  I could nt do that. Trouble is all these homes under the hammer, grand designs,etc,etc  draw people in they think they can convert a castle into a 7 bed home for £50,000 making the plot/ development/ land with planning fuking over priced

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Good luck mate , wish I could afford to do it , 

I don't know if we can yet, it will depend on negotiations for land and what house is valued at.....but if I don't get this land I will look somewhere else. Feel like our mind is made up now.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ryaldinhio said:

I don't know if we can yet, it will depend on negotiations for land and what house is valued at.....but if I don't get this land I will look somewhere else. Feel like our mind is made up now.

You only regret the things you don't do go for it 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Lemmings mate, I often look at people running for the train to London everyday, they do it for 40 years ffs. Like robots.  I could nt do that. Trouble is all these homes under the hammer, grand designs,etc,etc  draw people in they think they can convert a castle into a 7 bed home for £50,000 making the plot/ development/ land with planning fuking over priced

The whole think is set up to keep us all fueling it. I was looking at Bank of England website yesterday and here are a few quotes on there:

"We set Bank Rate to influence other interest rates."

"Bank Rate is the single most important interest rate in the UK."

"A change in Bank Rate affects how much people spend. And how much people spend overall influences how much things cost. So if we change Bank Rate we can influence prices and inflation."

Hiding in plain sight!!! Don't give a shit, actually put it out there that it is all control.

I'm done with it.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

True mate what age are you if you don't minde asking 

Get the wheels in motion mate there are a 1000 little things that will occur to derail you your kids being one thing, I,ve just finished decorating mine and have a viewing today ?but once the house is gone things will move for the better and I can start to enjoy the last couple of years graft a bit more even a simple life ain’t that simple anymore ?

• Like 1

Simple life has never been simple and its certainly not easy.  Be careful what you wish for.

In my experience, you need plenty of money to have a simple life. If you haven't enough money, you need to work hard to lead such a life.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Simple life has never been simple and its certainly not easy.  Be careful what you wish for.

In my experience, you need plenty of money to have a simple life. If you haven't enough money, you need to work hard to lead such a life.

Well aware of that pal, don't expect it to be simple at all.?

Hats off to you pal anyone wanting to jump out of the rat race wish em all the best im bailing at 50 have enough to last till I'm 55 when I can draw 25% of pension then that and bit I have should last till state pension and the other 75%.wish I'd of been bit more sensible when younger and started a pension earlier didn't till I was 30 as what ever you earned lasted the same week wether £100 or a £1000 just had a better weekend ???

• Like 3