after having a bone graft and fusion in my wrist, I am now in plaster for 8 weeks then a splint. won't be able to pick up a catty for at least 3 months. every mooch, I automatically pick it up alongside dog leads, the dogs come running when they hear ball bearings rattle. certainly going to miss it. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, fred90 said:

after having a bone graft and fusion in my wrist, I am now in plaster for 8 weeks then a splint. won't be able to pick up a catty for at least 3 months. every mooch, I automatically pick it up alongside dog leads, the dogs come running when they hear ball bearings rattle. certainly going to miss it. 

Good luck with that mate and may I suggest something along the starship route we’re there is a will there is always a way the brolley one could be used left or right handed, ATB ?

7AA20E52-F79F-4787-AD93-7692BF08BCD0.jpeg

2B73D507-9A6A-48EA-8791-2A7485C2FF86.jpeg

E131FC75-F6ED-47ED-9B16-538809465B14.jpeg

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

feel your pain Fred.. currently in A and E awaiting surgery on my f***ing thumb...went and put a drill bit through the tendons into the bone yesterday evening ?

good luck ?

49 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I have been taking the liquid morphine at night before bed. fxxking good stuff, I was ferreting last night with a little beddywhippet called bess, she's been dead 20 years ?

Screenshot_20190916_221218_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Funny thing that mate I am on norltryptein for my sciatica and since taking them have had recurring dreams about dogs from over 30 years ago I had. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, fred90 said:

All the best to you mate for a good recovery, and to you also Daniel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blooming eck. This has become a forum of aches and pains. I’ve just come away from Derby Royal where I had to have nerve tests in both hands and wrists prior to keyhole surgery on my right shoulder following a fall a year past March setting bloody crayfish traps. I was doing a pal a favour the other day fitting a door and window to his new garage and needed some superglue for the end caps. Local shop, £1.30 and a quick trundle back to site. Didn’t see the tree root and took a hell of a fall. My face looks like more than a few bruising rounds, smacked my knee and worse of all took a lot of the fall on my to be operated on right shoulder. My dog came out of kennels having been there for a week whilst we were in Cypress. Dreadful cough, runny eyes, snotty nose, no appetite and not drinking much. £328 at the vets. You guys think you have problems ffs. To be fair, the 2 litres of Gordon’s I bought in duty free has eased one or two of my problems. Happy days guys. Stay lucky. Jok.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 21/04/2023 at 19:43, jok said:

2436B9F9-FF25-4378-9D28-137614D29B6C.jpeg

Atb on your op on shoulder jok you look like these you see in paper that's jumped by local teens for going outside to tell them to clear off with the noise. Bit of criminal injuries compy nice jolly in the sun yup yup ? 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Hope you're well on the mend Fred and back to shooting your catapults. 

Cheers mate, I have got myself a little wasp uniphoxx, started a few shots last week. just using a light setup to start with,.   .55 and 8.7mm steels. been off work 14 week, if this is what retirement is I am fxxking loving it. trouble is I will soon be captured and sent back. 

16902035865195058555875160170867.jpg

• Like 3