16 hours ago, fred90 said:

Cheers mate, I have got myself a little wasp uniphoxx, started a few shots last week. just using a light setup to start with,.   .55 and 8.7mm steels. been off work 14 week, if this is what retirement is I am fxxking loving it. trouble is I will soon be captured and sent back. 

16902035865195058555875160170867.jpg

Not bad little frames them mate. Glad you are on the mend. I can't get my head around some of them I work with who have carried on working after getting their state pension it's probably down to not having any other interests to occupy their time I've got nearly 4 years to go and soon as the state pension drops in the bank I am done with work. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Not bad little frames them mate. Glad you are on the mend. I can't get my head around some of them I work with who have carried on working after getting their state pension it's probably down to not having any other interests to occupy their time I've got nearly 4 years to go and soon as the state pension drops in the bank I am done with work. 

can't fault you mate, I have got a bit longer to go, but if I can afford to finish earlier I will do. when you have interests boredom don't come into it. dogs have loved it, out every day no time limits. 

• Like 2

I'm in a similar, though different, boat. I had a semi-forced retirement three years ago (at the age of almost fifty one) as the infant school where I'd been working as the in-house supply was "taken over" by the juniors next door. New broom and all that jazz. I can start drawing my teaching pension next year (when I turn fifty five). 

I'm loving being the house-husband. I could never understand the kids at school who were restless to get back to school after the six week summer holiday because they were bored. I could've spent weeks more, wandering the local fields and the disused railway line, reading books, listening to music, watching tv...

By "the kids at school" I mean forty years ago not the ones I was teaching.?

• Like 2

I envy the folks that had foresite to sort life and get good pension sorted for early retirement FairPlay. I all ways lived for today unfortunately. So work to pension age then be skint on state pension I guess but long as I can keep getting about that will do me. Just wish it came ten years earlier 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, terryd said:

I envy the folks that had foresite to sort life and get good pension sorted for early retirement FairPlay. I all ways lived for today unfortunately. So work to pension age then be skint on state pension I guess but long as I can keep getting about that will do me. Just wish it came ten years earlier 

that comes from before everything mate being able to get about. love to be young again, different dogs and out regularly on land up down country, but it's not going to happen. older now but knocking about with little whippet types, little Jill, half dozen net's, catapult etc, it costs nothing and I am enjoying it as much as anything. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yes get well well Fred I like look of your new catty. Did you have a scout at one point ?

no not tried scout, had a wasp before but my thumb wasn't strong enough for brace grip. now I have had bone fusion thought I would give it another go. really like the wasp now. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, fred90 said:

that comes from before everything mate being able to get about. love to be young again, different dogs and out regularly on land up down country, but it's not going to happen. older now but knocking about with little whippet types, little Jill, half dozen net's, catapult etc, it costs nothing and I am enjoying it as much as anything. 

I think as you get older sometimes it's just simple things that become enjoyable when out and about mooching been out this morning though it don't feel the same without a dog though had to get a bit of practise in with the catty can't wait for the cover and leaves to drop now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I think as you get older sometimes it's just simple things that become enjoyable when out and about mooching been out this morning though it don't feel the same without a dog though had to get a bit of practise in with the catty can't wait for the cover and leaves to drop now.

have you no dog now?