Is there any need for immigration,

The welfare state should be a walking stick to help people through difficult times, not a crutch they cant do without. 

Interesting what people are saying about young people on building sites, yes i am a graduate, but from the age of 15 me and all of my mates found summer jobs, and most of us waited tables, pulled pints, etc, the best summer jobs were labouring on the building sites as it was 9-5 work, Monday to Friday, better wages than the restaurant and your weekends were free. If you wanted extra hours, they were sometimes available. Those summer jobs on sites were keenly contested! 

Edited by Aled
  • Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simple, if you're able to work and won't then stop benefits.

Short term yes the UK needs skilled immigrants,health care,engineers etc.The average uk kid doesn’t want to be an engineer nor nurse in general,but some countries are bursting with graduates who will

It's true.....there is a multi-generational culture of living the good life on benefits. Generations who have never witnessed or experienced work, living on benefits are the norm for them.  Not every

Posted Images

14 hours ago, mackem said:

Short term yes the UK needs skilled immigrants,health care,engineers etc.The average uk kid doesn’t want to be an engineer nor nurse in general,but some countries are bursting with graduates who will apply and readily fill the UK skills shortages,train Brit kids but it’s going to take years and a mindset change,a lot of Brit kids think influencer or YouTuber is a genuine career path.Study and schooling are the way forward for the UK.

Trouble is not all kids are academically inclined to study. My grandson who has just turned 15 his work ethic is through the roof he has a grass cutting round and dog walking round in the village he lives he has just done a test to get an apprenticeship at a large engineering company in Rotherham but my Daughter fears he won't get it due to not passing the exam though the work experience he did at a HGV mechanic garage the owner said he was the best lad he had had and has offered him an apprenticeship but it's something that he doesn't want to do. There must be thousands of younguns up and down the country that just need a chance in the workplace who are not that academical.

• Like 6

It's true.....there is a multi-generational culture of living the good life on benefits. Generations who have never witnessed or experienced work, living on benefits are the norm for them.  Not every young person is academically inclined, true, but I believe everyone has a talent, has potential, it just needs to be discovered and nurtured.  I have often thought that EVERY young person, say between the age of 15-20, whenever they feel ready for it, should do some sort of 'national service' for a year, where they can experience participating in a wide range of community activity, should it be conservation, caring, job experience, farming or looking after beaches, streets, gardens, parks etc where they have structure and encouragement that they may not previously had at home or at school, it would give them a chance to grow their talents, feel part of something positive and widen their prospects, see an alternative to the ghetto/gangsta lifestyle.  This 'hands on' sort of stuff rather than Tik Tok etc would make them better prospects for our nation's requirements.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, littlefish said:

It's true.....there is a multi-generational culture of living the good life on benefits. Generations who have never witnessed or experienced work, living on benefits are the norm for them.  Not every young person is academically inclined, true, but I believe everyone has a talent, has potential, it just needs to be discovered and nurtured.  I have often thought that EVERY young person, say between the age of 15-20, whenever they feel ready for it, should do some sort of 'national service' for a year, where they can experience participating in a wide range of community activity, should it be conservation, caring, job experience, farming or looking after beaches, streets, gardens, parks etc where they have structure and encouragement that they may not previously had at home or at school, it would give them a chance to grow their talents, feel part of something positive and widen their prospects, see an alternative to the ghetto/gangsta lifestyle.  This 'hands on' sort of stuff rather than Tik Tok etc would make them better prospects for our nation's requirements.

I always say if kid's growing up seeing their parents going to work it's odds on they will grow up to do the same.

• Like 6

The biggest offenders of lazybastard syndrome is blacks, camel jockeys, and junkies, good luck getting any of those of the rock n roll and into work, any gimmirgrant that comes here should be made to work for 5 yrs and pay into the system before qualifying for the bru, over here too theres our own system milkers on the DLA that live the life of riley but are work shy

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Trouble is not all kids are academically inclined to study………offered him an apprenticeship but it's something that he doesn't want to do.

Yup,that’s why short term the UK does need highly skilled immigrants,not everyone is cut out for medical,engineering,IT work,but a lot are,focus on the Brit kids who show aptitude for certain career paths,otherwise skilled immigration will rise as UK can’t fill the positions with brits.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Yup,that’s why short term the UK does need highly skilled immigrants,not everyone is cut out for medical,engineering,IT work,but a lot are,focus on the Brit kids who show aptitude for certain career paths,otherwise skilled immigration will rise as UK can’t fill the positions with brits.

We could give them termed contracts, 5, 10 years and then out on their ear, if they're not happy don't come

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

We could give them termed contracts, 5, 10 years and then out on their ear, if they're not happy don't come

A lot of them go to uk knowing they will get citizenship,if it wasn’t offered UK would lose out on skilled migrants to Canada,Australia,New Zealand etc.If the next generation of Brit kids can’t fill skill shortages it’s game over.

The only people who should get benefits are the old and sick the rest should work ,

Im told daily the English are lazy and don't want to work and just want everything given to them ,I've had many a argument over this but I got to say I've seen a good few English people leave my work place because they think they deserve better job or it's just to hard for them to lift a couple kilo box , but hay you don't always get what you would like in life and nothing is just given to ya and that's the problem with lot of people today they want everything given to them without putting hard work in .

UK could fill all work places with British people by making all those on benefits take the jobs that's there and maybe then we wouldn't need the eastern Europeans .

• Like 3
3 hours ago, mackem said:

A lot of them go to uk knowing they will get citizenship,if it wasn’t offered UK would lose out on skilled migrants to Canada,Australia,New Zealand etc.If the next generation of Brit kids can’t fill skill shortages it’s game over.

So we need to educate the young better, we ruled the world in science, engineering and just about everything else not that long ago, we've lost the ability or desire to educate our own, then we can fck everyone else off

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

So we need to educate the young better, we ruled the world in science, engineering and just about everything else not that long ago, we've lost the ability or desire to educate our own, then we can fck everyone else off

That's what I said, educate. Ruled is past tense however, China and the states churns out engineer's, its a game of catch up now. 

3 hours ago, mackem said:

Spot on. 

• Like 1

Farming sector is propped up on foreign labour - be knackered without em. Young generation don't want to do it it seems. I dunno if they think they're too good for it or easier options out there these days. A farm next to ours did a bit of a scheme and took on 40 furloughed office bods and college kids during covid - end of the first week only had 7 left and none by the 2nd - embarrassing really

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
50 minutes ago, Mito1223 said:

Farming sector is propped up on foreign labour - be knackered without em. Young generation don't want to do it it seems. I dunno if they think they're too good for it or easier options out there these days. A farm next to ours did a bit of a scheme and took on 40 furloughed office bods and college kids during covid - end of the first week only had 7 left and none by the 2nd - embarrassing really

But it hasn't always been that way though as it ? 

my family and many more moved from area to area picking veg /fruit and then hops and believe it was hard graft but graft they all did and the reason behind the farmers turning to eastern Europeans is what? It's all about cheep labour,they could fly plane loads of eastern block workers in and pay them lower hourly rate than paying peace work money .

I remember the crys for field workers during COVID and guess what they wouldn't take on the very people that had done this work for years but took on office workers etc and like you say they folded in few days so I have no sympathy for the growers .

• Like 1