• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making and painting/airbrush  fishing lures , just something to get lost in for a few hours... @tillylamp nice pictures mate , I keep meaning to have a go at some other stuff other than the lures. 

other than hunting, what are your past time hobbies....Arry likes his metal detecting plus some others on here.....paulas likes his motorbikes.....and socks makes some good knives....so on and so on..

Making my dad regret not pulling out is also one of my favorite hobbies ?

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, welshphil said:

I'm a bit of a fitness freak and gym four days a week alongside averaging about 50-60 miles a week around the local mountains with the lurchers. Played rugby for more years than was probably good for me and try to get out and watch a local game when I can. I also have two young Grandsons who i take to mini rugby training and gymnastics, also trying to dysgu Cymraeg. Thinking about it I'm not sure where I find time to work lol. Definitely wouldn't have it any other way though, the last few years have shown us that life is very fragile so I'm a firm believer in making hay while the sun shines and making the most of the hand you get dealt!

good post mate....and making the most out of your life is spot on bud......

• Like 2
On 16/03/2023 at 20:59, poxon said:

Mine was modifying/restoring cars an running dogs an general hunting for years but as family expanded the cars come to a end an the dogs are pretty much the same with how the laws gone my hobbies have changed slightly to growing food an fitness training but I’ve been itching to restore/modify something for a few years being a ex mechanic I’m guessing it’s a mid life crisis I’m having but just went an bought a motorcross bike to modify an trick out a bit I’m gunner road legalise it an do a bit of endurance stuff hopefully 

BFF2BED5-C97C-4FC6-9BC0-C28AF3E56B98.jpeg

Misses said you’ve only had it about 10days  an it’s in bits. I said It’s gunna look nice can’t say the same about my bank account 

9F277A74-A89C-46A4-90EC-E8E10D21C284.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, poxon said:

Misses said you’ve only had it about 10days  an it’s in bits. I said It’s gunna look nice can’t say the same about my bank account 

9F277A74-A89C-46A4-90EC-E8E10D21C284.jpeg

women a......they just don't understand boys and there toys do they....lol lol.....looking good bud.....

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

women a......they just don't understand boys and there toys do they....lol lol.....looking good bud.....

Ohh i dont know apparently there is a market in womens toys, no idea if motorbikes/fishing gear/hunting kit etc is part of this market though???

I’d count the lurcher as hobby but not it’s not really it’s just what gets done when not working whatever time of year dog still needs out and so do I 

horses in the summer we’ve thing called common riding in the borders in most towns here have a google great craic and great traditions still being upheld that’s may till September there’s nearly something on every other night 

fancy getting into tumbler pigeons my dads big into racers I’ve not the time or the passion but the kids love there pet doves so feels like a next set on the ladder 

extremely lucky that I love what I do for a living even if I won the lottery I’d still do it but for free or a donation to charity lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hunting hares, game fowl , collecting a bit off scrap metal, learning my young ones the old ways and spend time round the old boys on our estate , a lot to Be learned and have a good old drink and a few tales , I've much respect for this man he give me opportunity when no one else did , learned me my trade we Groundworks

IMG_0266.JPG

Edited by BobDown
  • Like 8
  • 2 months later...
On 14/03/2023 at 17:53, kanny said:

I really need to get  a better compressor next I'm currently using just a little on demand thing its served me well but has its limitations it max out at around 25psi I think. 

hi kanny, did you ever get a bigger compressor sorted out.....or done any art work.....

Tilly

7 hours ago, Coywolf said:

hi kanny, did you ever get a bigger compressor sorted out.....or done any art work.....

Tilly

Hi Tilly ....nah I never got round to it, but I will ..have you done anything new ? 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, kanny said:

Hi Tilly ....nah I never got round to it, but I will ..have you done anything new ? 

hi mate, i have done a few more since....but been a bit busy doing other things at the moment....you know how it is bud....my wife and i have our own craft shop that is seasonal so that takes up a lot of our time during the summer months...

come off season i will be doing my things again.....

Tilly.... 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Coywolf said:

hi mate, i have done a few more since....but been a bit busy doing other things at the moment....you know how it is bud....my wife and i have our own craft shop that is seasonal so that takes up a lot of our time during the summer months...

come off season i will be doing my things again.....

Tilly.... 

What kind of stuff you selling in your shop lad? Any pictures?

• Like 1