Bearded collie cross greyhound breeder

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If its just the rough coat your after I'd recommend a deerhound, beddy or bitza your life will be a lot easier. 

I would give anything with beardie blood in it a wide birth they are as strange as the come, stick to the border blood imo.Iv one here she’s coming up 4 years old and only now are we starting to sing

Right from the off I couldn’t bond with mine, she would blatantly ignore me, when I had her second jab I even had the vet test her hearing as I was convinced she was deaf, he dropped his keys on the f

Posted Images

11 hours ago, GeorgiaK96 said:

Hello! 

I am looking for a bearded collie cross greyhound breeder, I would also be open to another cross being in the mix. Can anyone recommend a breeder please?

Cheers 

I would give anything with beardie blood in it a wide birth they are as strange as the come, stick to the border blood imo.Iv one here she’s coming up 4 years old and only now are we starting to sing off the same song sheet ?????00E4231D-2CB9-42C3-A889-CC7221A15C49.jpeg.b801f723337b5840ac26f0803e8adda9.jpeg

Edited by neil b
More txt
  • Like 7

Handcock used to have that mad Beardie ( Brian?) that produced some half decent fox dogs, but they were a bit mad, so next time they got a Beardie stud dog they made sure it wasnt mad and had no balls, so it would produce more saleable pups I suppose. 

they dont call them weirdie beardies for nothing,encountered a few in my time from hancock,would go with moon at the drop of a hat, skulky , nervous critters,some days would work quite well if they were in the right mood, next day complete opposite and run if they felt like it . certainly not my type of dog to run.

2 hours ago, grompz said:

they dont call them weirdie beardies for nothing,encountered a few in my time from hancock,would go with moon at the drop of a hat, skulky , nervous critters,some days would work quite well if they were in the right mood, next day complete opposite and run if they felt like it . certainly not my type of dog to run.

Just to name a few of the strange traits 

• Haha 1

I know exactly what you all mean, but I think it all comes down to personality (or rather how your personality gels with the temperament of the dog). My first three lurchers had varying amounts of beardie in them and I personally found the more border they had, the more sensitive they became. 

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I know exactly what you all mean, but I think it all comes down to personality (or rather how your personality gels with the temperament of the dog). My first three lurchers had varying amounts of beardie in them and I personally found the more border they had, the more sensitive they became. 

Right from the off I couldn’t bond with mine, she would blatantly ignore me, when I had her second jab I even had the vet test her hearing as I was convinced she was deaf, he dropped his keys on the floor to which she looked off the table at then knocked on the wall, again she looked at that, like I say we are only just on the same sheet now, I have a half x border and a half x kelpie both of which take great delight in pleasing me, the beardie does it as and when I suits her, 

• Like 4