Andy's man club

I first heard about AMC on Talksport a few years back and have recommended it to a few of the "customers" I work with.

Had a woman commit suicide at one of the sites at work last night. So tragic. R.I.P.

D.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andy's man club . Ok it sounds like somewhere our Mushroom ? would go for a sauna.... But give me chance to explain... The leading cause of death in men under 30 is suicide. I know 3 men who have

Hard topic for most men to deal with, we tend to keep everything bottled up and talking about your problems is deemed a weakness. I think we all have our low points, life in general throws certain amo

Suicide in men is rife I had to attend a suicidal male last night on a railway bridge all turned out well and hopefully he gets treatment, but any organisation where men can have a chat is a positive

9 hours ago, fireman said:

Valium does make the walk home with a jacker of a dog a lot easier to handle ..Just saying...:whistling:...

Wonderful advice ?

8 hours ago, shaaark said:

You've just got to keep picking at people, you ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLE, of a person.

I REALLY wouldn’t  piss on you if you were on fire, and I had five bladder's worth of piss!

Absolute PRICK!!!

And don't bother trying to come back with something which only you think is whitty, you're a prick!!

And we can all see it.  ?

You ok shark,not like you to bite,tho what fireman said is the worst advice i ever heard,you dont take jackers home?

• Like 1

The timing of these topics is mad....last couple of weeks ive been in a painful battle with a dear friend of mine who 3 times has phoned me in the middle of the night threatening to top himself.......rushing round there like a lunatic ive got there to find him in a state but both myself and his mrs are of the opinion that he hasnt got it in him to actually do it.....but what do you do,not respond ?.....its a " little boy who cried wolf " situation.....we've managed to now get him under a Home Treatment Team for mental problems and his medication is being changed but its a constant worry at the moment,soft as it sounds its making me f****n ill !.....he,s never been the full shilling but you cant just give up on lifelong friends can you he used to be a big drinker and i spent a few years going to AA meetings with him but this is just beyond anything i know or understand.....last week he rang saying the world was going to end at midnight,a few days ago he rang crying saying he'd " done it " and can i get round there with an ambulance......even this morning ive sat there with him and a doctor saying this will be his last chance at being treated at home before the men in white coats drag him away,personally i think being sectioned will be the best thing for him but then i start going on a guilt trip wondering if it will suit me more than it suits him as i/we cant take much more !.......ive probably been a bit flippant with mental illness over the years and passed it off as " attention seeking " type stuff......im learning first hand its a horrible,frightening thing i wouldnt wish on anybody.....on a lighter note why does it appear that virtually everybody involved the mental health industry are African !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Francie, said:

You ok shark,not like you to bite,

Can't help it, Francie, it's in my nature!!  ?.

Though I will say, @foxdropper if you're reading this, maybe I owe you an apology, for snapping the way I did?

Tough!!  ? lol

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The timing of these topics is mad....last couple of weeks ive been in a painful battle with a dear friend of mine who 3 times has phoned me in the middle of the night threatening to top himself.......rushing round there like a lunatic ive got there to find him in a state but both myself and his mrs are of the opinion that he hasnt got it in him to actually do it.....but what do you do,not respond ?.....its a " little boy who cried wolf " situation.....we've managed to now get him under a Home Treatment Team for mental problems and his medication is being changed but its a constant worry at the moment,soft as it sounds its making me f****n ill !.....he,s never been the full shilling but you cant just give up on lifelong friends can you he used to be a big drinker and i spent a few years going to AA meetings with him but this is just beyond anything i know or understand.....last week he rang saying the world was going to end at midnight,a few days ago he rang crying saying he'd " done it " and can i get round there with an ambulance......even this morning ive sat there with him and a doctor saying this will be his last chance at being treated at home before the men in white coats drag him away,personally i think being sectioned will be the best thing for him but then i start going on a guilt trip wondering if it will suit me more than it suits him as i/we cant take much more !.......ive probably been a bit flippant with mental illness over the years and passed it off as " attention seeking " type stuff......im learning first hand its a horrible,frightening thing i wouldnt wish on anybody.....on a lighter note why does it appear that virtually everybody involved the mental health industry are African !

Big problem in the forces when lads get out. They just can’t adjust to civvi street and end up tipping themselves. I know of 9 guys that have done it for seemingly no reason. 
sounds like your mate needs sectioning for his own safety. As much as you can be there for him you are not a professional and at some stage just being a mate isn’t enough and going into hospital is the only answer. 

2 hours ago, socks said:

Big problem in the forces when lads get out. They just can’t adjust to civvi street and end up tipping themselves. I know of 9 guys that have done it for seemingly no reason. 
sounds like your mate needs sectioning for his own safety. As much as you can be there for him you are not a professional and at some stage just being a mate isn’t enough and going into hospital is the only answer. 

Well said and when sectioned he will get the right help he needs and so will you lot on the outside as such,fare play for being a mate but your no good to your own if your being sucked dry by it Gnasher.

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Can't help it, Francie, it's in my nature!!  ?.

Though I will say, @foxdropper if you're reading this, maybe I owe you an apology, for snapping the way I did?

Tough!!  ? lol

Not a problem mate .I don’t take things to heart like some mate .Water off a pricks head .

This the Internet ,something a few need to realise before getting all Rambo .

We ain’t never all going to get along so best not to try I think ?