Dawn chorus

7 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You want to hear the barn and tawny owls in here, it sounded like half the Northumbrian population were here the other night, the tawnys start going off about midday             

Get one of those callers mate, they will come in pretty close ?

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Living on the boat I notice little changes that I never when I lived in a house and this week it’s the return of the dawn chorus, only one or two at the start of the week but each day getting a bit mo

I wouldn't know mate. I don't get up until I hear the kids have fcked off to school ?

We live in a valley with a nature reserve on one side. It's a very diverse landscape with scrub, hedges, woodland, pasture and plenty of water. I get through over 160kg of bird food  per year. Wh

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Greyman said:

Get one of those callers mate, they will come in pretty close ?

Tawny sits in the tallest tree in my back garden, can see it now there's no leaves on it, Mrs sleeps in the back bedroom when I'm on night shift, says it's quite soothing when it's going constantly ? 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

i feed the birds all year round i find watching them very relaxing they are noisey

I do like watching the Goldfinch squabbling over food and the Long tailed tits arrive in flocks like little monkeys

169.png

086 (2).png

In the woods the dawn chorus never stops unlike suburbia .The noisiest are the  corvids if it’s a roost wood followed by pheasants coming down from roost .The chorus  of small birds usually blends into one unless you are aware of the individual calls .Love being in the woods at any time but that hour before dawn is the best for me .When sat in a high seat the things you see outweigh any blank session every time .

• Like 4
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

In the woods the dawn chorus never stops unlike suburbia .The noisiest are the  corvids if it’s a roost wood followed by pheasants coming down from roost .The chorus  of small birds usually blends into one unless you are aware of the individual calls .Love being in the woods at any time but that hour before dawn is the best for me .When sat in a high seat the things you see outweigh any blank session every time .

Not on a high chair , but out in the woods every morning 4.30 till 6 before work with the dogs ,there isn’t much I dont see tbh ,apart from large cats 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Not on a high chair , but out in the woods every morning 4.30 till 6 before work with the dogs ,there isn’t much I dont see tbh ,apart from large cats 

FFS don't start him off on that ?

Just now, Franks dad said:

Lmao … It’s a bit quiet on here , thought since it’s Friday … liven it up a bit 

ps any idea why emoji’s are just showing as blank squares ? Or is it just my end ? 

ok here, must be your end , unless someone else is having the same issue, 

2 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Your just in the wrong woods ?

• Like 1