What sett?

Out for a mooch and came across these holes about 3 meters up the river bank and wondering what would’ve dug them. Wouldn’t have thought badger as thought it would be too close to the water. Maybe otter? For context the entrance is massive collie could fit half way down the first tube.

B1A2D2E9-94BC-4004-AFC2-91A670D9945B.jpeg

21FE2DC1-A30D-4A7A-AC58-9EE155A8CD42.jpeg

C82551FD-198E-423A-A973-6F0A554AB2E9.jpeg

Appreciate the replies lads. Had a feeling it was one of the two which I wouldn’t go near anyway for obvious reasons. Don’t have any terriers these days anyway. It’s nice to get out and see that they’re around especially if it’s otters. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

If u can’t tell that’s it’s the old Newcastle supporter that lives in there u shouldn’t even own a terrier ?

Do certain animals not share/co inhabit some earths? can remember on more than one occasion,digging to a dog and there's 3/4 different species sharing the earth's..fox,billy, rabbit,rats for instance ...when a male badger is pushed out,does it not scratch out a rabbit or fox earth for shelter?.. wont be the normal signs you associate with them...that's why a dog that marks/ leaves alone a certain type  is a god send?

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, paulus said:

Have to agree with you, i once witnessed a badger carrying a ferret across a double hole, The bloke who`s ferret it was, was not impressed. 

I dropped a dog in a spot local once...and there was a black and tan terrier bitch already upto and working a vixen?my dog was back and forth on the box,I was thinking,wtf is going on here??

bolted a few foxes over the yrs when out ferreting...last time the cnut ran off into the  distance with a brand new double pegged borse net that netmaker on here made me?

• Like 1