New football thread

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Goalposts well and truly shifted :laugh:

Yeah never mind all the values,traditions and respect that me,you and every other West Ham fan took pride in we just want to be able to trot along the street doing the hokey cokey !

I said at the time ive never seen so many good lads sell out on their morals with one little dangled carrot.......fortunately you's all got paid back in the most hilarious way !

f***ing hell chief, make up your mind :laugh:…….when the spades was giving everyone a “f**k you” lads like you was all “well, we ain’t being pushed out and in any case if we don’t go someone else will go” 

Now it’s all “we matter most”……no mate, you f***ing don’t, none of us do……didn’t you get the memo when the spades were giving you a “f**k you” :laugh: I knew that years ago but I’d have thought the spades would have driven the message home.

The lads sitting either side of you didn’t take your club away from you, the premier league took your club away from you.

Ill clue you on, there’s still a few things you can cling onto to honour your history and that’s the academy and how the football you play is perceived.

Produce players and play some decent football…..that’s what you can still do until you can’t.

Or…….

You can hope to move down the leagues until it all feels a bit more honest, either way I’m good, but do you think the club wants to do that…..are you willing to do that ?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

20 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Looks like we are getting our own “Geordie Stig”;

NUFCFEED.COM

Newcastle United's social media team have whipped up quite a storm today by putting out a teaser for an upcoming...

Cheers.

Remember Tiff Needell, or Tiffany Dell as Jeremy Clarkson used to pronounce it? Drove a NUFC touring car or such like when Sir John Hall was going for the global brand sort of thing. His also said we would field 11  Geordie players in the EPL. All a bit daft but good criac. I think Howe has overtaken Keegan with the number of Geordies on the pitch at the same time this season 👍😉👍

38 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Remember Tiff Needell, or Tiffany Dell as Jeremy Clarkson used to pronounce it? Drove a NUFC touring car or such like when Sir John Hall was going for the global brand sort of thing. His also said we would field 11  Geordie players in the EPL. All a bit daft but good criac. I think Howe has overtaken Keegan with the number of Geordies on the pitch at the same time this season 👍😉👍

Keegan owned a greyhound called “Blue Star”, that raced at Brough Park .

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
On 08/05/2024 at 13:50, WILF said:

No mate, it isn’t and it don’t bother me in the least.

I’m at football probably more than 90% of lads, so I know where I sit in some football lads “pyramid” if such a thing exists…..some of my pals are still home and away, domestic and Europe lads just like you….do you know what their day at football is ?……it’s about getting on the piss and having a day away from the old woman with a football match slung in between.

Going your football is about whatever it’s about to you as an individual, so no, it don’t bother me at all being called a “plastic” football fan because I’m involved in football of some description most days of the week.

I just wish you’d all stop crying about it and harping back to it as an excuse for everything, if you hate it that much don’t go….there are plenty of tiny little clubs would be more than grateful for your tenner gate money. 

That’s what loads of my old pals did over the bond scheme, all in their twilight years now and they probably regard you as plastic fans :laugh:

But you dont go to West Ham games or even particularly like the club....you are a fan of football yes no problem but to have your nose in the air about the club the way you do is what cracks me up with lads like you.....i remember you on here years ago talking all about West Ham and the values/morals/traditions,what made us a special club,local talent,football area,raw atmosphere,pride in the badge,sense of history,youth academy,production line of players,pride of 66,sense of togetherness and camaraderie following our little club gave us and bla bla bla bla bla

Well what a complete load of old bollocks that was !!

None of that matters to yous anymore you's sold your souls for a trophy,dropped any values you ever had.....and your mates are now a bunch of drunks ffs !.....when it suits eh.

I dont like to say it as its a bit of a cheap shot......but aint you a South London lad anyway 😉

Edited by gnasher16
On 08/05/2024 at 15:26, WILF said:

f***ing hell chief, make up your mind :laugh:…….when the spades was giving everyone a “f**k you” lads like you was all “well, we ain’t being pushed out and in any case if we don’t go someone else will go” 

Now it’s all “we matter most”……no mate, you f***ing don’t, none of us do……didn’t you get the memo when the spades were giving you a “f**k you” :laugh: I knew that years ago but I’d have thought the spades would have driven the message home.

The lads sitting either side of you didn’t take your club away from you, the premier league took your club away from you.

Ill clue you on, there’s still a few things you can cling onto to honour your history and that’s the academy and how the football you play is perceived.

Produce players and play some decent football…..that’s what you can still do until you can’t.

Or…….

You can hope to move down the leagues until it all feels a bit more honest, either way I’m good, but do you think the club wants to do that…..are you willing to do that ?

What have the spades got to do with West Ham moving from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium in order to become a big club and win trophies ?

You ran off to another country when the spades got too much but what relevance is that i literally have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Look,the facts are lads like you came unstuck in the decisions you made and the future you envisioned,thats the bottom line....the way yous seem to have dropped any kind of allegiance to your fellow fan in the process and infact to some degree have contempt for them is for me just another drawback of the move and the split it created.......i remember you laughing and taking the piss when i described the elation we had at winning a trophy last year,and dont pretend you didnt begrudge us that because yous did......so now ask yourself if the move was worth all the division only to end up wanting back what we already had,because most agree it wasnt.....ok you yourself dont want to back down and admit its backfired.... but the reality is,most fans have.

Edited by gnasher16
On 08/05/2024 at 15:26, WILF said:

You wanted to be a big club in order to attract the worlds best players for crying out loud......you wanted your " progression " at any cost,why f**k about with kids......theres just so much hypocrisy in all this it almost becomes amusing.

Edited by gnasher16
On 08/05/2024 at 13:59, WILF said:

I’ve was getting driven mad trying to navigate round there when it was still Stratford LIFT so I know it pretty well but if you tell me that commuter transport links to an Olympic venue are worse than to Upton Park then I have to believe you I guess. 

Upton Park was a residential neighbourhood where the first to get to their car after a game got home quickest........trying to get 60k odd people away from the ground on transport links because theres nowhere to park a car for many people means standing in hour long queues waiting for platforms to clear.

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

What have the spades got to do with West Ham moving from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium in order to become a big club and win trophies ?

You ran off to another country when the spades got too much but what relevance is that i literally have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Look,the facts are lads like you came unstuck in the decisions you made and the future you envisioned,thats the bottom line....the way yous seem to have dropped any kind of allegiance to your fellow fan in the process and infact to some degree have contempt for them is for me just another drawback of the move and the split it created.......i remember you laughing and taking the piss when i described the elation we had at winning a trophy last year,and dont pretend you didnt begrudge us that because yous did......so now ask yourself if the move was worth all the division only to end up wanting back what we already had,because most agree it wasnt.....ok you yourself dont want to back down and admit its backfired.... but the reality is,most fans have.

So let’s have this right, if I’d said Moyes played shit football at Upton Park I’d be right, but if I say it at the Olympic Stadium I’m wrong ?…..is that how this is all working now ?

Because from what I can see of it, the only people creating any “division” are those lads sat in the corner with the hump blaming the move everytime someone has the cheek to have an opinion about something ?…….as I said before, if you all hate it that much don’t go, just dry your eyes and go to some football that all feels a bit better for you.

Don’t know how many times I have to say it but this is the direction premier league football has been going for years, they will take you with it or they won’t, they’ll take someone else instead.

Nobody is forcing you to get on that ride so stop complaining about the journey because there’s plenty of other routes you could take but you don’t want to.

Moyes plays a shit style of football, it’s shit here and it would be shit at Borehamwood FC…….to say it has to be like that is total f***ing nonsense, what next, if the pies are cold at half time is that the fault of the move too ?

Its bollocks mate. 

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Upton Park was a residential neighbourhood where the first to get to their car after a game got home quickest........trying to get 60k odd people away from the ground on transport links because theres nowhere to park a car for many people means standing in hour long queues waiting for platforms to clear.

Leave me out pal, it was f***ing gridlock round there on match day and getting on the tube we’d all be lined up down the train track wall behind a barrier freezing our cods off for an hour or more some days……don’t make out like it’s some little well spaced out suburban area because it isn’t. 

Lots of West Ham bubbles being burst here lol. 

And it's not my argument, but surely the aim of any sporting contest is to WIN. The most memorable wins are those when the winning team or sportsman is an underdog. Its the job of a coach to inspire a win by tactics and instilling self belief and determination. West Ham have been winning ugly if you like. But they've been WINNING more than losing and thats down to Moyes. Playing beautifully is no good if you get beat. Give me an ugly win any day.

Moyes is leaving and they will try to appoint a manager with a more attacking philosophy. Is that possible with the present  West Ham squad.? The Hammers have beaten Arsenal twice this season using the rope a dope tactic. If they try and match them next season by going head to head and  playing open, attacking football they will come unstuck. Moyes, imo, is a great manager. It could well be the West Ham board will regret the crude way they have treated Moyes. I think it could well be a case of be careful what you wish for.

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You wanted to be a big club in order to attract the worlds best players for crying out loud......you wanted your " progression " at any cost,why f**k about with kids......theres just so much hypocrisy in all this it almost becomes amusing.

I used to book you a sensible down to earth football lad but lately I’m not so sure mate, it’s getting more and more like talking to Max all the time.

Some lads, like me, understand what the premier league product is…..we understood it years ago, hence the rise in popularity of non league football.

We don’t dislike our club or stop being a fan, we just understand the reality and that reality is, it’s not “our club” any more it’s the premier leagues club and has been for years…..we knew it then and we know it now.

Being a premier league product means certain things happen, one of those things can be getting bigger, better, improved facilities to boost your “premier league product profile”…..that why Arsenal, City, Everton and f**k knows who else have done or are doing it….Manchester United want to do it……every f***ing club wants to do it !

They have to because it’s silly not to.

My point with the spades was that if you hadn’t realised it already then you should have realised it then, it belongs  to the premier league.

Ordinary football lads who just like football understand this and we are comfortable with it, it’s reality.

Now you can choose to be part of it or you can choose to not be part of it, but don’t cry about your choice because they ain’t hiding anything from you….it’s what you are signing up for every time you buy a ticket.

Shit football is just shit football, it has absolutely nothing to do with “having to be part of it” and “it’s a catastrophe” if we don’t……no mate, it f***ing ain’t, not to lads like me because we don’t f***ing care…..we just like football and we’d be as happy watching it in League 1 as we would in the premier……happier probably in fact.

But the club don’t want that and lads who want the “top flight” experience don’t want that and that’s the reality.

From what I can see you all want the premier league product but you don’t want what gos with it and you want to blame your fellow fans who you claim to have an affinity with because it don’t all feel quiet right……if you don’t want everything that gos with the premier league, don’t go…..give your ticket money to real football clubs playing real football who need it more instead.

Thats what plenty of us have done. 

Edited to add:

I don’t want to be disingenuous to you with that last paragraph because I know you are involved in supporting lower level & grass roots football and I want to acknowledge that, but it was more a generalisation.:thumbs:

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Lots of West Ham bubbles being burst here lol. 

And it's not my argument, but surely the aim of any sporting contest is to WIN. The most memorable wins are those when the winning team or sportsman is an underdog. Its the job of a coach to inspire a win by tactics and instilling self belief and determination. West Ham have been winning ugly if you like. But they've been WINNING more than losing and thats down to Moyes. Playing beautifully is no good if you get beat. Give me an ugly win any day.

Moyes is leaving and they will try to appoint a manager with a more attacking philosophy. Is that possible with the present  West Ham squad.? The Hammers have beaten Arsenal twice this season using the rope a dope tactic. If they try and match them next season by going head to head and  playing open, attacking football they will come unstuck. Moyes, imo, is a great manager. It could well be the West Ham board will regret the crude way they have treated Moyes. I think it could well be a case of be careful what you wish for.

It is to win mate, but shit football will always be shit football and it isn’t a crime to be honest and call it what it is…….lads who have been around football understand these honest conversations, calling a sows ear a silk purse in football just isn’t what you do.