New football thread

24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Modric! What a player 

It took a worldy from Foden to lift city out of the dustbin.

Up to that point Rhodri looked like he wanted to top himself, Rudiger had Haaland in his pocket and city had no answers.

What a player Foden is, that last night is what world class players do….they change things in moments.

Love watching Modric, everything he does is just class isn’t it mate.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

5 hours ago, WILF said:

It took a worldy from Foden to lift city out of the dustbin.

Up to that point Rhodri looked like he wanted to top himself, Rudiger had Haaland in his pocket and city had no answers.

What a player Foden is, that last night is what world class players do….they change things in moments.

Love watching Modric, everything he does is just class isn’t it mate.

Its funny but when we were yapping about centre forwards the other day I was going to say about Haalands all round CF play as being average at best, no doubt he has a natural talent for scoring, but his hold up play and some of the runs he makes are pretty poor, if you nulify the goal threat he offers little... Madrid stopped the service and Rudiger bossed him in the physical battle.

Foden is a real talent isn't he, every other team in the world would miss DeBruyne so much, but Foden slips in to all the same spaces and his touch and vision is brilliant .... Modric came on and gave a masterclass of controlling the tempo/game... Brilliant 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I enjoyed last night game some great finishes and the tie is still wide open I thought for all city's possession Madrid looked comfortable and so quick and dangerous going forward city struggled to get back I was reading Rhodri hasn't lost a game for 66 matches for city  but city have lost 6 he hasn't played in but he says he going to have a rest in the run in what do you lads reckon to the hand ball in the arsenal game and the reason the penalty wasn't given ref said it was a school boy error and couldn't give it in such a important match 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Its funny but when we were yapping about centre forwards the other day I was going to say about Haalands all round CF play as being average at best, no doubt he has a natural talent for scoring, but his hold up play and some of the runs he makes are pretty poor, if you nulify the goal threat he offers little... Madrid stopped the service and Rudiger bossed him in the physical battle.

Foden is a real talent isn't he, every other team in the world would miss DeBruyne so much, but Foden slips in to all the same spaces and his touch and vision is brilliant .... Modric came on and gave a masterclass of controlling the tempo/game... Brilliant 

I think what folks forget is that Haaland won’t be in his prime until another 4 or 5 years mate…..I’ll forgive a striker of 23 learning his trade.

Same as Hojlund, I like the lad and I think he has the potential to be good because you can see he wants it, but at the moment he is in page one isn’t he. 

@Blackmag I have not watched the Arsenal game yet mate so I can’t comment on it.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

A strange anomaly in the rules, well, for us football types at least;

If Bruno gets ONE yellow card playing for Newcastle on Saturday, it will result in a TWO game ban….if he gets TWO yellow cards, he will get a ONE game ban !!

Its all to do with the “yellow card totting up rule”, which reaches the cutting off point on Saturday for Newcastle.

So, theoretically, if he gets one yellow on Saturday, he’d be better off deliberately getting a second in the dying minutes of the game by cheating; time wasting, kicking the ball away, taking his shirt off, etc, !

Mad , ehh ???

Cheers.

Re recent posts on centre forwards and who is or is not a genuine 1. If Alexander Isak  is not a proper centre forward then I do not know what is. I do not have the knowledge/experience of those who play/manage but all that I expect from a centre forward is to play up front and centre and score goals. Isak does that and will hopefully have the number 9 on his back at Newcastle next season. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Re recent posts on centre forwards and who is or is not a genuine 1. If Alexander Isak  is not a proper centre forward then I do not know what is. I do not have the knowledge/experience of those who play/manage but all that I expect from a centre forward is to play up front and centre and score goals. Isak does that and will hopefully have the number 9 on his back at Newcastle next season. 

I agree with you, I think he does all the work a CF should do and is a very good finisher, if Callum Wilson could stay fit you lads would have 2 very good centre, proper centre forwards at the club 

Edited by NEWKID
On 13/04/2024 at 18:59, NEWKID said:

I agree with you, I think he does all the work a CF should do and is a very good finisher, if Callum Wilson could stay fit you lads would have 2 very good centre, proper centre forwards at the club 

I have a philosophical view on Callum Wilson. If he had not been injury prone then he would never have came to Newcastle and we would not have been able to pay the price for an English CF of that quality. Having said that, we had paid £40M for a useless young Brazilian CF! Wilson's quality and goals kept our heads above water and in the EPL and the club more attractive to the eventual new owners as a result. 

Damned shame he's sidelined again as I would love to see him play for England in the Euros but not much chance now. I hope he is at Newcastle next season, but only as an 3rd choice off the bench or cup competition option. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Some player this Cole Palmer the rent boys starting to look like a 1 man team they'd be fighting relegation if not for him....well maybe :whistling:

Going to be some buzz for you Thursday night mate.

f**k it, I’m going to be the supreme optimist and say we can do it…..

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Some player this Cole Palmer the rent boys starting to look like a 1 man team they'd be fighting relegation if not for him....well maybe :whistling:

We’ll get 6th and win the f a cup