New football thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

Posted Images

Some effort from Coventry, couple of inches and VAR away from the final... Casimero looks like he's got lead in his boots... UTD looked good first half but deserved nothing really in the end, hollow victory, wonder who will still be there next season.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Some effort from Coventry, couple of inches and VAR away from the final... Casimero looks like he's got lead in his boots... UTD looked good first half but deserved nothing really in the end, hollow victory, wonder who will still be there next season.

I think the manager will go along the likes of rashford Antony Maguire casimero and a good few others will follow them it should generate a big budget for a transfers for a new manager 

18 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I think the manager will go along the likes of rashford Antony Maguire casimero and a good few others will follow them it should generate a big budget for a transfers for a new manager 

I think all of those players are gone mate, strangely maybe Maguire could stay, considering he has to last ditch defend constantly as there is zero protection, he does ok..

Also Varane, lindleoff, Evans, Ericksen and probably wan Bissaka... None of them even make the bench at City, Liverpool or Arsenal... Time to invest in some of these youngsters and add the right kind of experienced players, not past there best former stars... 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I think all of those players are gone mate, strangely maybe Maguire could stay, considering he has to last ditch defend constantly as there is zero protection, he does ok..

Also Varane, lindleoff, Evans, Ericksen and probably wan Bissaka... None of them even make the bench at City, Liverpool or Arsenal... Time to invest in some of these youngsters and add the right kind of experienced players, not past there best former stars... 

Martial diallo amrabat amongst others to join your list buddy it needs a total clear out top to bottom which looks like is happening under  your new leadership 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1

If anyone is feeling down and needs a cheer up, simply follow the speculation and statements from our little West Ham about who our new manager may be, who they are talking to etc !

Its amazing, it’s like the media team are just sitting around smoking crack and just sending random posts ! Lol 

Yesterday it was Sporting Lisbons head Coach Amorin (spel ?) flown in for talks…….Amorin ?…….Sullivan has more chance of getting Alladding ! 

Expect to see a constant flow of this nonsense until we land Tony Mowbray ! 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

If anyone is feeling down and needs a cheer up, simply follow the speculation and statements from our little West Ham about who our new manager may be, who they are talking to etc !

Its amazing, it’s like the media team are just sitting around smoking crack and just sending random posts ! Lol 

Yesterday it was Sporting Lisbons head Coach Amorin (spel ?) flown in for talks…….Amorin ?…….Sullivan has more chance of getting Alladding ! 

When i use the phrase " lads like you " im referring to leavers of course,fans who wanted the move......having spoke to loads over the last few years im seeing a distinct pattern so i'll ask you the same mate.

In your heart of hearts are you kicking yourself about the move now ?......having gone from a little club you liked to a big club you dislike , in hindsite do you regret the club moving and everything that comes with it ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

When i use the phrase " lads like you " im referring to leavers of course,fans who wanted the move......having spoke to loads over the last few years im seeing a distinct pattern so i'll ask you the same mate.

In your heart of hearts are you kicking yourself about the move now ?......having gone from a little club you liked to a big club you dislike , in hindsite do you regret the club moving and everything that comes with it ?

Decent question mate.

My answer is this, I’ve never been to the new place and I’m sure I’d probably hate it with my “bloke who just wants to go football” head on…..that’s being totally honest.

That said, did it need to happen ?……absolutely yes, there’s no other way for clubs except to move forward and I 100% stand behind that……personally I don’t think fan or not a fan comes into that decision, it’s just a reality imho
It was an opportunity I don’t think any club would have turned their nose up at.

I think we have only half done the job as I don’t think we have backed it up properly but that is another conversation really.

So as a Fan, no, not a bit of me.

As a realist, yes, absolutely.

I don’t dislike our club at all, this is going to sound a bit cringe but there’s still plenty of lads like you and me and I like those people…..I like our dry sense of gallows humour as fans and I like the football heritage of the club and the area.

My last game before I moved was the night cup game against Everton when Adrian scored the winning penalty…..Me, my lad when he was little and my pals….what a night to finish on, how could I dislike that club ? 
I intensely dislike Moyes type of football and I laugh at some of the claptrap we come out with as a club but I don’t think that could be called disliking my club could it ? 

We ain’t entitled screamers like City or Liverpool fans, we can have a chuckle at getting done in 5-2 at Palace away but we like our football and generally lads from round there know what a bit of proper football looks like. 

So I’d say, you have the wrong impression mate, I don’t dislike our club at all, I just dislike shite football. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I’m a bit torn on the whole Moyes situation. 

I can’t fault what he’s done the past few years - waited 39 years for a trophy! In some ways I actually think he’s overachieved with the squad, only Paqueta, Kudus, Alvarez and Bowen are top players who’d get in a top 8 side

It’s similar to the Allardyce days, when it’s bad it’s f*cling bad as he’s no plan b. 

Who do we get in though? We seem to be heavily linked to Julien Lopetegui, but he never seems to stay anywhere long

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I’m a bit torn on the whole Moyes situation. 

I can’t fault what he’s done the past few years - waited 39 years for a trophy! In some ways I actually think he’s overachieved with the squad, only Paqueta, Kudus, Alvarez and Bowen are top players who’d get in a top 8 side

It’s similar to the Allardyce days, when it’s bad it’s f*cling bad as he’s no plan b. 

Who do we get in though? We seem to be heavily linked to Julien Lopetegui, but he never seems to stay anywhere long

I know what I’d like to see, sadly that won’t happen and the alternative I couldn’t really care about mate….it will be standard stuff, long as It’s not awful to look at that’s about as much as we can hope for I reckon. 

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I know what I’d like to see, sadly that won’t happen and the alternative I couldn’t really care about mate….it will be standard stuff, long as It’s not awful to look at that’s about as much as we can hope for I reckon. 

I just look at Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea etc the last few years and Pellegrini a few seasons back

I do think Steidten will have a bit of pull in attracting a manager

• Like 1

If moyse does go which I think he will. maybe try for klopps assistant he is thought of highly or McKenna at Ipswich if they don't go up he's done a brilliant job with them plus  there's a few unemployed like flick low Garcia amongst others looking for work 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

If moyse does go which I think he will. maybe try for klopps assistant he is thought of highly or McKenna at Ipswich if they don't go up he's done a brilliant job with them plus  there's a few unemployed like flick low Garcia amongst others looking for work 

I’ve been saying id like to see Linjders or someone like him since we dumped Pellergrini mate 

• Like 1