New football thread

dont worry wilf ive been told moyse is getting his jotters and has agreed to take over from rodgers at celtic, just the package from west ham to be agreed

Edited by big sid

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, big sid said:

dont worry wilf ive been told moyse is getting his jotters and has agreed to take over from rodgers at celtic, just the package from west ham to be agreed

How much have we to give you ? Lol 

On 19/02/2024 at 19:56, WILF said:

I’ve never said any different, in fact I’m a firm believer in that they don’t have to be different.

Its Gnasher has said time and time again that we can’t have those things because we moved to a good facility…..and I don’t agree with him, at all.

In fact he has said clearly that we have to throw those things away to stay in the top flight, and again I don’t agree.

See with football clubs there are fans tradition and clubs ambition, those things sometimes have room for each other but sometimes they don’t.

Now, I’d happily as a fan watch at any level but I understand no club in the world from Sunday League to Premier League is going to say “well, we don’t want to advance ourselves because old Fred has been standing the same place for 55 years”……never going to happen !

So, we have to understand that reality and accept it.

We couldn’t build a next level facility where we was and there was this big, shiny, state of the art stadium going begging in East London that we could have for buttons.

Theres a big rent reduction if we go down, nobody else is ever turning up to put a bid in to take it.

Clubs bins all the money from sale of the old ground, rent comes straight off the top line, raises commercial profile, should attract players that may not otherwise have wanted to come……of course, as a club that is exactly the right thing to do.

What they going to do?, say “Nah, f**k it, I ain’t betraying Old Fred….let’s gradually drop down the leagues and wither” 

I couldn’t have cared less but I know that is never, ever, ever going to happen…..so I accept that reality, I understand clubs HAVE to have ambition and I understand that’s it’s a bloody good idea from that point of view. 

You have to move forward or you go backward. 

f**k me, to me that’s just obvious ? 

If the little club Gnasher is involved with moved up the leagues and it meant they had to put in an extra stand, or seats or a bar he would do it without a second thought and so would every club…..not for one second would anyone associated with that club think “Oh no, can’t do that, old Charlie always stands there with his jack Russell patch and he has been coming here 60 year”……would they f**k, they’d go for ambition every single time.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with how your team plays football or the values it always stood for once they cross that white line…….the fact it, it doesn’t ! 

Im Like a stuck record but to suggest there is only one way to play to achieve things in football is absolute total f***ing nonsense, if it was true nobody would watch ! 

You are trying to fit your ideals to the model and you know it doesnt work like that mate......in any walk of life you cut your cloth accordingly.....you know full well that we couldnt of moved onto this " big club " identity you wanted,playing with the culture and values we used to play with when class,style and tradition was the name of the game.

Back in the old gaff under Harry years ago we had an attacking side playing the " West Ham way " that we all loved to watch comprising of David James,Glen Johnson,Trevor Sinclaire,Lee Bowyer,Michael Carrick,Joe Cole,Jermaine Defoe,Paolo Di Canio in the same side....a beautiful side with brilliant footballers at any level of the game....and we got relegated !!

That was what we got for playing the right way but we didnt care as we had tradition and culture with a " who cares " attitude.......a " who cares " attitude in this new ground that YOU wanted would probably put us in Wimbledon never to be seen again territory.

Edited by gnasher16
On 19/02/2024 at 19:56, WILF said:

If the little club Gnasher is involved with moved up the leagues and it meant they had to put in an extra stand, or seats or a bar he would do it without a second thought and so would every club…..not for one second would anyone associated with that club think “Oh no, can’t do that, old Charlie always stands there with his jack Russell patch and he has been coming here 60 year”……would they f**k, they’d go for ambition every single time.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with how your team plays football or the values it always stood for once they cross that white line…….the fact it, it doesn’t ! 

Moved up the leagues how ? through winning football matches you mean..........ok so then " IF " that extra investment means having to play unattractive win at all costs football in order to maintain that false higher level ( because you're not actually good enough to be this big club ) then thats now what we have to accept or the alternative is financial suicide.

Charlie and his Jack Russell have to accept the club has changed and maybe its no longer the club he fell in love with,oh well tough shit Chas dry your eyes you silly old c**t we're big shit now even if we do play survival football because we havent got what it takes to become " big " on merit.

West Ham became the " big club " you craved Wilf without achieving f**k all on a football field....then having got " big club " status you now want the qualities it takes for REAL sporting achievement.....you're a glory hunter mate !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1
On 19/02/2024 at 16:17, WILF said:

As I said chief, this won’t be a conversation for much longer…..not if anyone at that club has any sense.

Here, tell that long haired bloke who makes your local clubs YouTube Chanel to get another game up, they play great stuff and I really enjoy watching your games. 

From what ive seen of the lad he's half a div mate.....harmless and covers the games well enough i dont know if its on there yet have you had a butchers at the game with your old mob at the weekend,smashing bit of 4 nil away i was up at Forest with the Hammers but am told there was a bit of the Harlem Globetrotters about us apparently 😂

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Moved up the leagues how ? through winning football matches you mean..........ok so then " IF " that extra investment means having to play unattractive win at all costs football in order to maintain that false higher level ( because you're not actually good enough to be this big club ) then thats now what we have to accept or the alternative is financial suicide.

Not good enough to be there ?….their Moyes players mate ?

Or have I misunderstood your meaning ?

Charlie and his Jack Russell have to accept the club has changed and maybe its no longer the club he fell in love with,oh well tough shit Chas dry your eyes you silly old c**t we're big shit now even if we do play survival football because we havent got what it takes to become " big " on merit.

I can understand Moyes coming into a dressing room of players that are not his own and saying “I don’t believe in the squad enough to play, we will just try not to get beat”…….I can see how that may be.

But these are his players, and he is still playing not to get beat and what is more plenty of these ARE good enough not to have to play this way.

West Ham became the " big club " you craved Wilf without achieving f**k all on a football field....then having got " big club " status you now want the qualities it takes for REAL sporting achievement.....you're a glory hunter mate !

Lol 

Watching a Porto team outwork and strangle Arsenal as a 41 year old Pepe plays his back line so high he is about 15 yards from his forwards all game…..has nobody told him how you HAVE to play top flight football ? Lol 

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You are trying to fit your ideals to the model and you know it doesnt work like that mate......in any walk of life you cut your cloth accordingly.....you know full well that we couldnt of moved onto this " big club " identity you wanted,playing with the culture and values we used to play with when class,style and tradition was the name of the game.

Back in the old gaff under Harry years ago we had an attacking side playing the " West Ham way " that we all loved to watch comprising of David James,Glen Johnson,Trevor Sinclaire,Lee Bowyer,Michael Carrick,Joe Cole,Jermaine Defoe,Paolo Di Canio in the same side....a beautiful side with brilliant footballers at any level of the game....and we got relegated !!

We have been in this ground what?, 7 years now ?

I think that plenty enough time to “consolidate” if that is what you are suggesting we are doing.

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

That was what we got for playing the right way but we didnt care as we had tradition and culture with a " who cares " attitude.......a " who cares " attitude in this new ground that YOU wanted would probably put us in Wimbledon never to be seen again territory.

I think you are being a bit hysterical there chief, it’s a bit “I’d rather watch any shit as long as it’s premier league” attitude and then justifying that to yourself by saying “we have to”…..no mate, you don’t have to. ;) 

7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Not like you to get overly wound up Gnasher 🤔 it's only football 😁

Cheers, D.

I don’t think he is wound up mate, we are only gassing bollocks.

He thinks I’m talking total bollocks and I think he is talking total bollocks ! Lol 

The only difference is……I’m right ! Lol lol 

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I see moyses saying he has a new contract on the table but will see the season out before deciding whether to sign it 

Well, someone is smiling on the c**t because we drew Frieburg again in the last 16 after beating them twice already !…….

On 22/02/2024 at 20:40, dytkos said:

Not like you to get overly wound up Gnasher 🤔 it's only football 😁

Cheers, D.

It's only football.....remember Bill Shanklys famous quote 

• Like 1
On 19/02/2024 at 23:20, WILF said:

I watched the episode, it’s class isn’t it ! L 

Can’t bet it mate …. Watch that any day of the week  rather than that soulless epl snooze fest 😴 

• Thanks 1