New football thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What about Alison nutmegged 😂 Alison was at fault for two goals today 

All round fantastic mate, Klopp says he's off and they implode... Utd dick the hammers, with the youngsters really starting to look good... like I say a brilliant day of football!! Lol

• Haha 1

I watched the Arsenal game, a daft comment but ... the electronic advertising hoardings ... Visit Rwanda, always makes me smile. Is that the government sending out subliminal messages to people housed in free hotels watching free Sky sports? 😂

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

All round fantastic mate, Klopp says he's off and they implode... Utd dick the hammers, with the youngsters really starting to look good... like I say a brilliant day of football!! Lol

f***ing hell mate, if Utd are giving it big licks about doing in a Moyes team then things are worse than we imagined ! Lol 

From “we snatched victory from Bayern Munich to win the champions league” to “we beat the most negative team in football 3-0” in only 20 years ! Lol 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

f***ing hell mate, if Utd are giving it big licks about doing in a Moyes team then things are worse than we imagined ! Lol 

From “we snatched victory from Bayern Munich to win the champions league” to “we beat the most negative team in football 3-0” in only 20 years ! Lol 

Lol... haven't sat and watched both games on a Sunday for a while... most enjoyable today though.... I know exactly where UTD are mate, most pleasing thing for me is seeing some youngsters at it... I think you know I was after a nibble from a hammers fan...cheers! Lol..

Oh, and watching the best centre back in the world ever, cooking up with the best keeper there has ever been...whilst god himself sat in the dug out looking glum... yeah decent day! My mate got a bit today...lol

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Lol... haven't sat and watched both games on a Sunday for a while... most enjoyable today though.... I know exactly where UTD are mate, most pleasing thing for me is seeing some youngsters at it... I think you know I was after a nibble from a hammers fan...cheers! Lol..

Oh, and watching the best centre back in the world ever, cooking up with the best keeper there has ever been...whilst god himself sat in the dug out looking glum... yeah decent day! My mate got a bit today...lol

Enjoy, Villa away next ! Lol

Don’t feel too bad though, we have Arsenal ! Lol 

• Like 1

Well we've turned in the biggest shambles since last January when we fecked up our transfer window. 

Didn't think we could top that but feck me 🤦‍♂️

Venkys and Waggott out - cnuts.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Strange couple of games for the Hammers i thought we played quite well in patches yesterday against United and got trounced yet our performance against Bournemouth was just about our worst of the season and we nicked a draw....certainly missing a few players,Paqueta's creativeness in particular......also i think Moyes made a ricket starting Philips against Bournemouth he was nowhere near match fit and the mistake probably knocked the lads confidence being his debut,poor management that was i thought.

• Like 1
On 02/02/2024 at 22:39, Blackmag said:

I think it's great lads like you put a few quid in  and get involved in leagues like this for the benefit of the club and community rather than as you say cashing in on the land it's surprising how much talent is in those leagues and the passion just to play football fair play to you for investing in grass roots I wish your team every success 

Thankyou squire.......in any sport young prospects have always interested me more than elite level,the thought of the next Ian Wright,Jamie Vardy....Bowen/Antonio down the Hammers who were all discovered playing at this level really excites me......and as you say the passion and desire both on the pitch and in the stands is a nice reminder of what most of us originally fell in love with about sport. 

• Thanks 2

The inevitable Liverpool implosion will be amazing to watch . 

it’s coming together… 

“if Liverpool were in the champions league , they’d be favourites to win it “ 

van diik is 100% looking with one eye at the door , likely Salah as well . Real Madrid and Saudi respectively 

The usual diatribe of a treble / quadruple is being trotted out , the reality is they may still yet win f**k all . 

klopp has been fantastic , his zeal and his drive found a natural home in Merseyside . But please don’t  just get alonso in . At least get gerrard in as assistant coach as well !! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 03/02/2024 at 07:36, Dutch said:

When the Hammers are away I often go down to Billericay and although they’ve dropped down, it’s still a good turn out and set-up there.

I always enjoy seeing and speaking to the old boys at these types of clubs who’s been following them for donkeys years and sport their little club badges like Uncle Albert’s war medals. Proper sense of community

They’ve a few players, the right back in particular who’s stands out at that level

Its a cracking little ground and a nice club,it was a sharp little learning curve for a few of us when silly bollocks was there as it became clear to anyone around the club probably fans as well that just hurling money at it just isnt the way to run a football club.....he just wouldnt take advice and wanted to do everything himself when he just had no idea of the mentality of sports people ( and why would he having never been a sportsman ).....bringing in old ex pros on 3 grand a week not only belittles young talented players but gives those ex pros a nice little armchair to hold up in while de - motivating everybody else !......it was sold to investors as " 4th tier football league within 5 years " and everybody was riding the wave.......5 years later the clubs been relegated the investors all pulled out and the owner went on the run 😂......i shouldnt laugh really they're good knowledgeable fans down there they deserve more.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Strange couple of games for the Hammers i thought we played quite well in patches yesterday against United and got trounced yet our performance against Bournemouth was just about our worst of the season and we nicked a draw....certainly missing a few players,Paqueta's creativeness in particular......also i think Moyes made a ricket starting Philips against Bournemouth he was nowhere near match fit and the mistake probably knocked the lads confidence being his debut,poor management that was i thought.

When Phillips started last week he looked like he’d just come back from Marbella . At least 5 kg overweight . 

what an indication of the modern player  that a lad in one the greatest current club sides with an endless budget in fitness facilities etc , goes on loan to a top 8 prem club in the final third of the season and can’t even turn up match ready . 

maybe that shows exactly why he wasn’t in the running at Man City 

• Like 4