Lizards as pets

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason we need something else is that he has a ferret . It’s his best mate , got her as a pair from a lad here and one died sadly so we have the one . He f***ing loved  the thing , comes to his cl

reptiles need calcium and other bits and bobs...you will end up having to do  everything yourself Stiff...you could get him a Mantis,he can feed it and watch it grow, awesome little pets and only lose

Take your pick child friendly ??

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

There’s a reptile shop in darlington called coast to coast exotics or summat an they got a couple of caiman in a display in front of shop or used to, some big ole tortoises aswell an loads a other goth shite? but them caiman an some the bigger breeding snakes on display ain’t for sale

Take to lad there for a look stiff, I never been able to get in past the front display, too cramped for me with al them snakes an spiders so close each side even if In cages??

f**k that , Whenni go to zoos and that as soon as I see some sort of plastic wall entrance with fake leaves and that I’m like nah , no chance I’m going it that , there’ will be something in there the size of a canoe 

Had a terrapin for my 13th birthday, December,  many many moons ago.

Kept him in one of those plastic 'islands' in the kitchen, next to the kitchen window.

Was cold in that kitchen, even in summer.

Poor little f****r lasted about three weeks.  I think the cold must've sapped the life out of it.

That was the only reptile I've ever owned.  ?

Couple of my friends have gotten leopard geckos and their all extremely happy with them. Don't need much pretty clean and apparently their rather personable.

Screenshot_20221101-062942-076.png.d9518d761f46c1cc070e2c72e0a49433.png

Was at one freinds house yesterday and she show med this one she just got. Has him in a small 10gal tank. Little water dish , I himid hid as she called it some plants and a little hollow log along with his heat lamps and he seems pretty happy.

Feeds him either meal worms or those little pill big looking roaches. And she just keeps them in their own little tank. Really fun to watch him hunt in his little ecosystem. 

Also seen it where folks have went as are as building self sustaining terrariums and had one or two as the main predator keeping all the bugs I check.

All in all I think one would be a great option 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m not a fan of the exotic pet trade, but I have rehomed  quite a few for there own good and I would highly recommend a bearded dragon, bred in the uk easy to keep and quite an interactive reptile ?

B4E6904D-E998-40E7-A48F-BF0CF015A91D.jpeg

1BB7BB0B-CFC4-46DE-8B78-EA73D4263CE3.jpeg

Have you ever seen one turn nasty? My eldest had one and it was like it flipped,went for a one way walk in the garden after that.