Anyone been out? What’s everyone shooting

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most recent night ????????? 8 pigeons using my NLS (nice looking  shooter) using 8.7mm steels and 0.60 South Wales catty band tapered 18-23 ???????????

first time I've picked one up for a few months...laying blocks in a garden,and this walked out in front of me..

My collection has I don't drink or smoke it's what I spend a bit of spare cash on though the old woman thinks I am not right in the head. Lol ? 

Posted Images

On 11/02/2024 at 16:44, tatsblisters said:

Couldn't resist one mate just ordered one off ebay hope it's not delivered when our lass is in as she already thinks i have lost the plot though i just say it's better than spending my money getting pissed up every weekend. lol

ffs mate you sound like a old man 😂, only joking, same here mate spent many weekends pissed, but the lure of the pub faded long ago, I am more than happy mooching with little dog's, catty and a small Jill in coat pocket. now that's a real old fart for you 👍

• Like 3

I am an old man mate or i defiantly feel it these days lol. I cant waiting for her to feck off for a few days glamping with the daughter's and a few of their mate's as i am thinking of buying one of them thermal imaging monoculars and i don't want to feel as though i have to go through the Spanish inquisition if it's delivered wile she who must be obeyed is at home. lol

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I am an old man mate or i defiantly feel it these days lol. I cant waiting for her to feck off for a few days glamping with the daughter's and a few of their mate's as i am thinking of buying one of them thermal imaging monoculars and i don't want to feel as though i have to go through the Spanish inquisition if it's delivered wile she who must be obeyed is at home. lol

they look good for spotting stuff. don't know much about them, but handy with catty I think. can see the positive points, only thing I am against is rifle men with them and infra red wiping rabbits out, that to me isn't sport. 

• Like 2

Ad a mooch at first light, did intend to out in dark with thermal and head torch, but left it a bit late so 1st light it was. Plenty about this morning, I missed 2 absolute gifts of woodys lol. My fault sh1t shot . Plenty of woodys about but all sat too high. Had a crack at a squirrel and missed as well. Everywhere absolutely flooded. Thought it was gona be a Les Dawson and blankety blank but pulled a shot off at top of a tree just as coming off. Was shooting the YouTubers Joefe slingshot frame this morning. Nice little mooch before the heavens opened again. 

IMG_4843.jpeg

• Like 3

Add an hour at first light, 2nd shot dropped a woody , but unfortunately was un retrieveable so gutted. Didn’t have too many other chances as 2 many folk about as it was a nice crisp morning and the early dog walking brigade was out. Had a new frame with me a Kiel Cumastra gypsy frame I got last week off fleabay, lovely little thing and stainless steel, Absolutely work of art and I love it , shots great !!! Also ad another frame with sum new .7 green snipersling on , I like it after a a little plink session. I never like the yellow but this green is nice. Just a pic of the new gypsy frame , wat a beaut ! 

IMG_4900.jpeg

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 3

Squirrel the other day back of head dropped it instantly, so new bands whipped on20240221_163945.jpg.0694e5ea2f48fc7f78d084c07be59e27.jpg

Doubled up on the theraband gold 14mm wide 140mm long my draw accurate enough though

20240221_172916.jpg.7ac961f8f428cb0c7d7a85b73e815b50.jpg

Will try for pigeon later today my old aunt loves pigeon a lot of the old locals like it, most see it as a taste of there childhood lol

20240225_095329.jpg

• Like 3

A great morning to be out and about on the nearby estate though my main quarry squirrels were very sparce until i shot into a drey with an 11mm lead from a bandset a generous member on hear sent me to try out a squirrel dropped out of the drey stone dead bar the odd twitch. 

20240225_084636.jpg

20240225_084836.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

A great morning to be out and about on the nearby estate though my main quarry squirrels were very sparce until i shot into a drey with an 11mm lead from a bandset a generous member on hear sent me to try out a squirrel dropped out of the drey stone dead bar the odd twitch. 

20240225_084636.jpg

20240225_084836.jpg

nice one, what's the band set mate? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

61 st birthday yesterday and the daughter bought me a simple shot   ocularis just banded it up very easy and I,m off out for a wander with it 

9ADF8D7F-35CD-4E57-9298-240BAAAC4722.jpeg

3E6C675A-51C3-4D77-A294-26C0E45B8330.jpeg

Always fancied one of them mate let us know how you get on with it.

• Like 1

Add an hour out at first light , first shot dropped a nice high woodie ! Only had 3 shots all morning. Woodys seem to be spooky, soon as I raise my arm they take flight. Went with a heavier ammo this morning for a change and shot with 11mm steel. It packs a punch ! Just nice to out and about as dawn is breaking. 

IMG_4954.jpeg

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I just upped the power now have 8 x flatbands 4 wasn't enough with 15mm posts. 20240303_114942.jpg.27aa92013ed1a497db517cf6d55cc0d4.jpg20240303_115425.jpg.3f0cb7d1cbfde96b07a7ffc9c6381f53.jpg20240303_122227.jpg.d1f15474e57ca3cd829e197889244006.jpg

I imagine some power there chaff, what's your preference for ammo ? 

3 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I imagine some power there chaff, what's your preference for ammo ? 

I think this set up will work well with 12mm lead or steel. 9mm I think will be hard to grip in the pouch at full stretch. 

• Like 1