Anyone been out? What’s everyone shooting

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most recent night ????????? 8 pigeons using my NLS (nice looking  shooter) using 8.7mm steels and 0.60 South Wales catty band tapered 18-23 ???????????

first time I've picked one up for a few months...laying blocks in a garden,and this walked out in front of me..

My collection has I don't drink or smoke it's what I spend a bit of spare cash on though the old woman thinks I am not right in the head. Lol ? 

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Been watching a few Nick Hegarty vids he seems a proper old school type and the same age as me. His cattys look good value for money tempted to give one of the clipped versions a go. 

Ive a few from him Tats,good value for money 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a lovely little productive mooch down woods at first light. I’ve not done much with cattys for a while as ad tennis elbow and drawing heavy bands back gives me aggro. So switched to lighter draw. The mallard was first kill, 30yrd neck shot on a fast ish flowing river and the duck was moving so well pleased with that , but I add to wade in over my knees to retrieve it lol. Then add the woody and really should have ad a third woody . Nice bit of crack 

IMG_4786.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

Just had a lovely little productive mooch down woods at first light. I’ve not done much with cattys for a while as ad tennis elbow and drawing heavy bands back gives me aggro. So switched to lighter draw. The mallard was first kill, 30yrd neck shot on a fast ish flowing river and the duck was moving so well pleased with that , but I add to wade in over my knees to retrieve it lol. Then add the woody and really should have ad a third woody . Nice bit of crack 

IMG_4786.jpeg

Good going that mate. I had a good mooch about this morning though didn't even get a shot off I've never known squirrels to be as flighty and that's walking about without a dog. It was good to see the large charm of linnets feeding on the big field of set aside tells you that fields of set aside is a large benefit to the wild bird population in providing food throughout the winter months. 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Good going that mate. I had a good mooch about this morning though didn't even get a shot off I've never known squirrels to be as flighty and that's walking about without a dog. It was good to see the large charm of linnets feeding on the big field of set aside tells you that fields of set aside is a large benefit to the wild bird population in providing food throughout the winter months. 

Even blanking it's still nice to be out at first light and watch the wild life.

• Like 1
Just now, Leo Sayer said:

Even blanking it's still nice to be out at first light and watch the wild life.

It is mate and great for one's mental health even this morning it was damp and overcast  around here it was still great to be out and about. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

It is mate and great for one's mental health even this morning it was damp and overcast  around here it was still great to be out and about. 

Very foggy here this morning and didn't see a sole, even better. I must admit am enjoying lighter bands shooting due to my elbow. Am more accurate. Previously using heavier bands allway thinking there best for hunting 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Very foggy here this morning and didn't see a sole, even better. I must admit am enjoying lighter bands shooting due to my elbow. Am more accurate. Previously using heavier bands allway thinking there best for hunting 

Tbh mate I have gone on to lighter bands 70s I am using and 75s and when having a bit of target practice seem to be hitting the target more often. 

17 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Tbh mate I have gone on to lighter bands 70s I am using and 75s and when having a bit of target practice seem to be hitting the target more often. 

Aye it's all a learning curve for me. I used to think heavy bands and big ammo, buy am decor going a bit the other way 

• Like 1
On 02/02/2024 at 12:46, Daniel cain said:

Ive a few from him Tats,good value for money 👍

Couldn't resist one mate just ordered one off ebay hope it's not delivered when our lass is in as she already thinks i have lost the plot though i just say it's better than spending my money getting pissed up every weekend. lol

• Like 2