Cat food,few eggs and soaked dried dog food is the easiest things to feed it  (if it can't fly again as it might even with a dropped wing) it'll soon tame down and not be so jumpy as you open the cage door,you might not get it hand feeding tame but it will suss you mean it no harm soon enough.

• Like 2

I would shoot carrion crows at every opportunity. But I've only ever shot jackdaws and rooks if they are causing a particular problem somewhere.

Every year I plan on catching a young one to train . 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I would shoot carrion crows at every opportunity. But I've only ever shot jackdaws and rooks if they are causing a particular problem somewhere.

Every year I plan on catching a young one to train . 

I had one or two as a youngster,you need to get them before the back of there neck starts to go silver,however they are a lot of work,I remember catching 10 beetles under a slab and wondered how many it would catch so I dropped them on a bit of plywood about a foot square thinking some would escape it killed every one of them before it eat any,it was only a few weeks old,very clever they are,and they stink,my father pulled it’s neck,w

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilbur foxhound said:

I had one or two as a youngster,you need to get them before the back of there neck starts to go silver,however they are a lot of work,I remember catching 10 beetles under a slab and wondered how many it would catch so I dropped them on a bit of plywood about a foot square thinking some would escape it killed every one of them before it eat any,it was only a few weeks old,very clever they are,and they stink,my father pulled it’s neck,w

I hand reared a crow chick this year,funny things for sure and i did let it go and the twat hasn't ever returned but will be on the look out next year for another youngster to rear and  learnt so much about birds just by watching it and i had native finches in aviaries for years so knew a bit already as such..I had mine in a spare kennel run but in the ned that wasn't big enough so hence i released it..

• Like 2

My pal had one that he hand reared when we were kids.It would ride the mile to school on his handlebars every morning and turn up every playtime and dinner time to see him and would be there waiting for him after school.Peter Duncan came to our school and Blue Peter did about a 10minute bit on him.Then a couple of weeks later some horrible c**t shot it