Sightmark Wraith 4K max

2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

That is a monster . My previous PB was 19lb . But around my neck of the woods they don’t tend to be more than  17lb . That dog fox I just shot was carrying a lot of weight , he’d probably just eaten someone’s chicken. 

20 lb is a good weight.

That 23.5 lb dog fox was shot in an area previously unshot and had been taking the smallholders hens ?

He was a big old boy.

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been a busy lately, doing a fair bit of shooting a night . Now the weather has turned a bit and I don’t want to get a stuck/ filthy  truck or damage the drilling too much . I really needed to sor

I bought a Sightmark Wraith 4k max a while back from Scott county, I did want to get one off Blackwood but they were out of stock , so no disloyalty on my part . I’ve been very impressed so far , sigh

I’m off down Dorset in the SL “ snatch style caravan “ tomorrow . My Mrs said pick somewhere near the beach , so I picked Chesil beach , and I’m bringing my fishing kit . So much for romance .  

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I think the bathroom scales might be overworked and strained.

When we're they last calibrated?

I want a stewards enquiry!!

It depended which side I leant towards the left leg was more 19.5lb and if I put more pressure on the right or even pressure of both legs it was 20lb , so I leant towards the right ?

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

It depended which side I leant towards the left leg was more 19.5lb and if I put more pressure on the right or even pressure of both legs it was 20lb , so I leant towards the right ?

I am more worried what the wife said when she saw you in the bathroom with a dead fox ? 

Edited by bumpy22
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

My wife would have gone mad if I’d have brought it in the house . He was a real “ stinker” too ?. I brought the scales down to the side porch , Charlie was in a bag and I weighed it there . Mrs didn’t even know anything about it . ?

Chicken!

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Had two last night along with 6 various towards the greater good .

You did well , I’ve been busy too . But less and less now . I got access to a new patch today . I went to see the farmer and asked him how he felt about me knocking foxes over , “ I’d rather you got rid of all these f@cking deer “. I said “I’ll see what I can do “?

• Like 1

I need to do a couple of batches too, did 50 in the last batch down to the last 5…got some new brass that I’ve had for ages but this  fiochi  brass that I got given lasts ages, think I’ve used them bout 8 times already and still lookin good! 
been thinking about using the 6.5 for everything for a while as I got given a load of stuff off a mate who changed cal. and I like the big boom and thump it kicks out?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, si brown said:

I need to do a couple of batches too, did 50 in the last batch down to the last 5…got some new brass that I’ve had for ages but this  fiochi  brass that I got given lasts ages, think I’ve used them bout 8 times already and still lookin good! 
been thinking about using the 6.5 for everything for a while as I got given a load of stuff off a mate who changed cal. and I like the big boom and thump it kicks out?

I’ve got a few Norma , Lapua , Federal and Winchester Brass . It’s all a bit of a mix match . Doesn’t seem to make much difference to the accuracy I’m getting. I’m very happy with those Blitzkings you sent down Si . Certainly doing the business . Maybe overkill on Charlie though .With my . 223 loads you hardly noticed a hair out of place but the 70 grn blows them to bits . But dead is dead . 

• Like 1