Sightmark Wraith 4K max

10 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had a 223 years ago. But just use my hmr and 243 for everything for the last ten years or so. But bought a 223again this week so now need to develop a load for it. Only reason being is noise and I want to leave my drone on it permanently. 

Luckily I have stocked up on bullets for 243. Just need to try and sort a round for 223. Mates got some 53gn vmax to try first

This was my mix for a 1-12 .223 

worked well with these and nosler 55gn ballistic tips.. Both clovered at 100 

04F40F70-B97F-4839-9CCE-135D8EB49B89.jpeg.ffeb72d39704823b988fa160ddc0eb8f.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been a busy lately, doing a fair bit of shooting a night . Now the weather has turned a bit and I don’t want to get a stuck/ filthy  truck or damage the drilling too much . I really needed to sor

I bought a Sightmark Wraith 4k max a while back from Scott county, I did want to get one off Blackwood but they were out of stock , so no disloyalty on my part . I’ve been very impressed so far , sigh

I’m off down Dorset in the SL “ snatch style caravan “ tomorrow . My Mrs said pick somewhere near the beach , so I picked Chesil beach , and I’m bringing my fishing kit . So much for romance .  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David.evans said:

Bumpy 

what powder you got for the 223 

Atb 

None yet David. Mates got some vhit and another mate is sung ramshor tac. I am waiting on moderator to turn up next week then it will be a trip to see what's available readily David 

2 hours ago, si brown said:

This was my mix for a 1-12 .223 

worked well with these and nosler 55gn ballistic tips.. Both clovered at 100 

04F40F70-B97F-4839-9CCE-135D8EB49B89.jpeg.ffeb72d39704823b988fa160ddc0eb8f.jpeg

Si, no disrespect but that's like my 222 performance of yester year.

I'm not criticizing you at all but I'm seeing this trend by powder manufacturers of throttling back so to speak. Not that it really matters, it will after all still work. Just sayin... 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Had a 223 years ago. But just use my hmr and 243 for everything for the last ten years or so. But bought a 223again this week so now need to develop a load for it. Only reason being is noise and I want to leave my drone on it permanently. 

Luckily I have stocked up on bullets for 243. Just need to try and sort a round for 223. Mates got some 53gn vmax to try first

What make is the .223 bumpy ? I use 50grn vmax , Vihtavuori 135 in my Tikka .

4 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Si, no disrespect but that's like my 222 performance of yester year.

I'm not criticizing you at all but I'm seeing this trend by powder manufacturers of throttling back so to speak. Not that it really matters, it will after all still work. Just sayin... 

that was when I first started loading, was pretty reserved back then!

my .204 loading started with max load fired into a bank with me not looking at the gun just in case it blew up, all looked fine with case and bolt lift so settled on a few gr over top.. me 6.5’s are all above book max too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

that was when I first started loading, was pretty reserved back then!

my .204 loading started with max load fired into a bank with me not looking at the gun just in case it blew up, all looked fine with case and bolt lift so settled on a few gr over top.. me 6.5’s are all above book max too?

Yes, I think or rather assume they are concerned that we load it here then fly to the Sahara dessert to shoot them.

So if they play safe nothing can go wrong.

• Like 1