Sightmark Wraith 4K max

I bought a Sightmark Wraith 4k max a while back from Scott county, I did want to get one off Blackwood but they were out of stock , so no disloyalty on my part . I’ve been very impressed so far , sighting in was a doddle and it’s done all I can ask of it . I wanted a scope that I could sit out with  in the evening and not have to change over guns . The picture quality in daylight is superb . The night mode I was slightly disappointed and thought it’s not that much better than my old pulsar , but I can clic up the zoom and although the image is pixelated I can really place the bullet perfectly. I’ve had  about 20 shots  with it so far and it hasn’t let me down once . 
           I live in close proximity to a music festival and this weekend has seen me in full on “ moaning old git “ mode . Lines of pissed up youngsters  walking / pissing past my house , and the noise . I suppose I have to keep reminding myself that I was young once . 
         So last night saw yours truly out with the rifle on the stubbles with a background soundtrack of “ Shaun Paul “ ?. If anyone doesn’t know who he is ……. don’t bother finding out is my advice , chronic , and kids pay good money to see him ? I can’t work it out . Not like in my day , we had proper groups like the “ sex pistols “ and the “Damned “ . ?? Anyway my tactics haven’t changed much , just my vehicle, no ATV anymore, just my Hilux . While it’s bone dry I can drive around and scan out of the window with my thermal, spot a heat source , get out , get the rifle on the bonnet and hopefully , with the doors opening and me crunching about in the stubble the fox is still in the field . SL 2 foxes 0 . 

C11D3DA1-8052-47A3-8254-DDF183705ABC.jpeg

80642F08-2767-48AA-B948-83ECF28AA463.jpeg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been a busy lately, doing a fair bit of shooting a night . Now the weather has turned a bit and I don’t want to get a stuck/ filthy  truck or damage the drilling too much . I really needed to sor

I bought a Sightmark Wraith 4k max a while back from Scott county, I did want to get one off Blackwood but they were out of stock , so no disloyalty on my part . I’ve been very impressed so far , sigh

I’m off down Dorset in the SL “ snatch style caravan “ tomorrow . My Mrs said pick somewhere near the beach , so I picked Chesil beach , and I’m bringing my fishing kit . So much for romance .  

Posted Images

You need to get with it John .Jean Paul is so last decade .

Dont ask me who’s in now ,I’m still listening to the meteors ,cramps and pistols .Calms me down ??

Good you are getting out mate .You must have a trip here  but I warn you it’s sticks only so get a few down down range before hand .

26 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

You need to get with it John .Jean Paul is so last decade .

Dont ask me who’s in now ,I’m still listening to the meteors ,cramps and pistols .Calms me down ??

Good you are getting out mate .You must have a trip here  but I warn you it’s sticks only so get a few down down range before hand .

You can come here for an evening, I can chauffeur you around. I don’t believe in working too hard ?

11 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Rather walk John .Hate in and out vehicles and get better results without them 

I know what you mean , but I cover a large area, and I’m in and out of lots of different fields . Also I’m kind of just making the most of hard ground and stubbles. I will be on “ Snanks’s pony “ soon enough, when the ground softens up . 

Think you need to juggle your ir a lot to get the best out of them, loads of lads round here use them as there easy to get hold of from the local shop… he’s been waiting on a pard delivery for nearly 2 months!

Friday night I was out, there’s a big campsite boarders the farm shoot!

was quiet when we turned up, then half hour in and it’s rave night?

I was near the camp and mate bout 3/4 mile away watchin a valley path to the pens.. I’d had enough couldn’t get hold of me mate as the phone company cut me phone off.. fcukers never sent a bill or anything? wasn’t best impressed:( 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I know what you mean , but I cover a large area, and I’m in and out of lots of different fields . Also I’m kind of just making the most of hard ground and stubbles. I will be on “ Snanks’s pony “ soon enough, when the ground softens up . 

Stuck a pair of these on back of hulux few weeks back, had a fair bit of rain last couple of weeks and dint have any probs flying round the hilly fields in 2wd.. bargain to £104 a pice 

0C5D28A5-D33A-4E4A-9FD5-B6F5A24EBA89.jpeg.7cc8d5657ff17731c71044f9479ba01d.jpeg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, si brown said:

Think you need to juggle your ir a lot to get the best out of them, loads of lads round here use them as there easy to get hold of from the local shop… he’s been waiting on a pard delivery for nearly 2 months!

Friday night I was out, there’s a big campsite boarders the farm shoot!

was quiet when we turned up, then half hour in and it’s rave night?

I was near the camp and mate bout 3/4 mile away watchin a valley path to the pens.. I’d had enough couldn’t get hold of me mate as the phone company cut me phone off.. fcukers never sent a bill or anything? wasn’t best impressed:( 

I got the Scott country package that included the wicked lights IR and mount . I tried my old Ward ir and Nightmaster and the Wicked lights has the edge . 
           It’s a definite improvement on my old pulsar 970 lrf . I would have liked a second hand drone , but they are like rocking horse poo . I was toying with the idea of a thermal scope , but couldn’t bring myself to part with the money. I’ve been out with an XP 50 and it’s the bollocks . 
       The Wraith is a capable scope at easily 200 metres + which my pulsar wasn’t, even though I shot them at 250 meters , the target was small , with the wraith it’s a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I got the Scott country package that included the wicked lights IR and mount . I tried my old Ward ir and Nightmaster and the Wicked lights has the edge . 
           It’s a definite improvement on my old pulsar 970 lrf . I would have liked a second hand drone , but they are like rocking horse poo . I was toying with the idea of a thermal scope , but couldn’t bring myself to part with the money. I’ve been out with an XP 50 and it’s the bollocks . 
       The Wraith is a capable scope at easily 200 metres + which my pulsar wasn’t, even though I shot them at 250 meters , the target was small , with the wraith it’s a lot easier. 

The xm38 I use is it cheap seats one and will put me on fox out of my comfort zone… this is well worth a look at, like the more compact size than mine and the fact it’s got it’s own rail mount. 
them senopex things Ian imports are the dogs bollox I’ve never looked through any thing like them before 

WWW.BLACKWOODOUTDOORS.CO.UK

The Pulsar Talion XQ38 is the latest super compact thermal rifle scope from Pulsar. Featuring a <40mk...

2 minutes ago, si brown said:

The xm38 I use is it cheap seats one and will put me on fox out of my comfort zone… this is well worth a look at, like the more compact size than mine and the fact it’s got it’s own rail mount. 
them senopex things Ian imports are the dogs bollox I’ve never looked through any thing like them before 

WWW.BLACKWOODOUTDOORS.CO.UK

The Pulsar Talion XQ38 is the latest super compact thermal rifle scope from Pulsar. Featuring a <40mk...

I will end up getting a thermal . I’m waiting for the right deal to come along . Ie a young keeper to get sacked and split up from his Mrs , then I will swoop in with some cash . Does that make me a bad person? 

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I will end up getting a thermal . I’m waiting for the right deal to come along . Ie a young keeper to get sacked and split up from his Mrs , then I will swoop in with some cash . Does that make me a bad person? 

Not at all ?

7 hours ago, si brown said:

Stuck a pair of these on back of hulux few weeks back, had a fair bit of rain last couple of weeks and dint have any probs flying round the hilly fields in 2wd.. bargain to £104 a pice 

0C5D28A5-D33A-4E4A-9FD5-B6F5A24EBA89.jpeg.7cc8d5657ff17731c71044f9479ba01d.jpeg

That chassis is disgusting Si ?

• Haha 4