19 hours ago, socks said:

Nice little dog that. My mate has a full blooded OZ import cattle dog that balled up and held a full grown fallow stag for over ten minuets the other day ?

Any photos??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it an entire male socks? Would be handy that!    The little bitch saved my life on Sunday. I got well and truly battered by that cow and she got it off me. F*cking lucky I’m just battered an

Posted Images

Thanks Socks.?

Don't worry, I didn't mean of 'the incident,' just photos of him in general. He looks a good build. I'm always amazed at how agile they are considering that they don't look as though they would be. I've heard of one walking along the top of a wall, jumpimg in the air and landing safely, still atop the wall, but facing the opposite direction. Do you know anything else about him i.e. where he's from, were his parents workers etc?

36 minutes ago, Neal said:

Thanks Socks.?

Don't worry, I didn't mean of 'the incident,' just photos of him in general. He looks a good build. I'm always amazed at how agile they are considering that they don't look as though they would be. I've heard of one walking along the top of a wall, jumpimg in the air and landing safely, still atop the wall, but facing the opposite direction. Do you know anything else about him i.e. where he's from, were his parents workers etc?

His parents were working dogs on an oz cattle ranch mate. He is from pure working lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yer, that's me on the left, with that early 70's bowl head look... ?‍♂️

And the dog in the middle is our Trixy. Out of a sheepdog bitch to 'some sort of lurcher cur' dog...

He was a 'classic' garage dog. Doing just what he wanted, living as a guard in a garage and car sales lott, in rural Lancashire. I'm quite sure he was 'used' a fair bit, or he wouldn't have been kept and my Dad wouldn't have engineered the mating, BUT all I can say is Trixy was one hell of a hunter. Never on a lead, never kept in, she hunted every day, where there was nothing to hunt and always 'found' something to bring home....

FB_IMG_1458244875103.jpg

27 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Yer, that's me on the left, with that early 70's bowl head look... ?‍♂️

And the dog in the middle is our Trixy. Out of a sheepdog bitch to 'some sort of lurcher cur' dog...

He was a 'classic' garage dog. Doing just what he wanted, living as a guard in a garage and car sales lott, in rural Lancashire. I'm quite sure he was 'used' a fair bit, or he wouldn't have been kept and my Dad wouldn't have engineered the mating, BUT all I can say is Trixy was one hell of a hunter. Never on a lead, never kept in, she hunted every day, where there was nothing to hunt and always 'found' something to bring home....

FB_IMG_1458244875103.jpg

Just think how many useful dogs like her there was back then before everything got bred for appearance. I think I've said it before on here but I bet some of them black and tan mongrels from when I was a kid that were latch key mutts would have bred some proper lurchers, streetwise mongrels that knew how to get a feed or a jump.

• Like 4