I'll have em!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate of mine was clearing his yard, asked if I wanted anything...loads of timber and scaffold boards...well be rude not too.. I've a lot to do here, timber is mental money at the minute..

Used the boards to make the base rail for my balustrade... designed the rails with a mate to fabricate, bit of work in drilling and shaping the boards, but came up well...got an oak top rail to finish

Can’t say no to timber like that! I need a bench like that for my hall. That’s given me inspiration. This morning I knocked up a shield for a mount to commemorate my mates lads first morning stal

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, poxon said:

Respect lad fair does ??Always nice to turn someone’s scrap to something useful that can be used 

Cheers mate...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Nice job that Kev?

Cheers Sean...

Heading back in there now... I need a week off proper work so I can get it over the line, so close but still so far!! lol

• Haha 1

Have you treated that scaffold board shelf mate  ? I sanded one down and put it up as a shelf in the kitchen without treating it and it twisted like a fukcing banana …

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, socks said:

Have you treated that scaffold board shelf mate  ? I sanded one down and put it up as a shelf in the kitchen without treating it and it twisted like a fukcing banana …

Our pub landlord laid Scaff boards on the floor, Jesus it warped was a danger when sober that floor.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, socks said:

Just Danish oil mate...

7 minutes ago, socks said:

Hopefully that will stop the warping mate ?

Probably not mate, I made a load of furniture for Marie's salon, it lasted well in there, but I'm not expecting it to be like oak..

• Like 1
14 hours ago, poxon said:

Respect lad fair does ??Always nice to turn someone’s scrap to something useful that can be used 

I've done that most of my life....the things people throw away as scrap is unreal.....the last big pile of wood i got was full of nails, it was going on the fire....so i took it home...it took me 2 days to de-nail it....i made some kitchen cupboards out of some of it....and still got a load left over for what ever comes along.....

• Like 2
5 hours ago, tillylamp said:

I've done that most of my life....the things people throw away as scrap is unreal.....the last big pile of wood i got was full of nails, it was going on the fire....so i took it home...it took me 2 days to de-nail it....i made some kitchen cupboards out of some of it....and still got a load left over for what ever comes along.....

I’m the same fella one mans junk is another mans treasure ??

• Like 1

Used the boards to make the base rail for my balustrade... designed the rails with a mate to fabricate, bit of work in drilling and shaping the boards, but came up well...got an oak top rail to finish...IMG-20220531-WA0011.jpg.78b454fd5671fd9a4171eab219566c2a.jpg

20220531_212043.jpg.cb26cf2f1303b79ea4b00c08597c1b09.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1