Dental Therapist.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and the wife use the train ticket smile.....Cheap as chips...?  

There was a big thing about 'Turkey teeth' in the UK media last week. They file your real teeth down and stick veneers on. But some people are left with horrific problems afterwards. They must be f***

Single implant in the UK was around 2k,turkish equivalent is around £400?i know a bloke and his missus went to Turkey, had full Veneers prior to getting married, they looked like they had just stepped

Posted Images

On 14/05/2022 at 17:10, mackem said:

Dentists (private) earn decent cash, it cost me £200 just for a 30 minute consultation with an implantologist to see if my gum was suitable for an implant, if I was doing it nowadays I would just fly to Turkey, I have seen a few people who have been for dental work and it was superb. 

aye aye 

2583laughing_horse.jpg

15 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

aye aye 

2583laughing_horse.jpg

Wasn't it spiderpig on here who was the equine dentist? He would have earned a few quid in antalya and that's the tooth ?

• 1 year later...
On 14/05/2022 at 19:06, kanny said:

I know a couple of people who have been to Turkey to have their teeth done and they both have had a great experience, 

Clean and polish yesterday with a hygienist £35 the quality of the dental practice was second to none.

232A5B9D-2254-4692-AC61-CA22E7C50602.jpeg

98692734-87BB-40C4-8D40-B2BA347AF96B.jpeg

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Like everything else in my weird and wonderful life rely on no one else if you can do it yourself lol

9CB12344-72FD-417B-9E3F-F2ABEB8AB5E4.jpeg

i'm the same greyman diy dentist 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Clean and polish yesterday with a hygienist £35 the quality of the dental practice was second to none.

232A5B9D-2254-4692-AC61-CA22E7C50602.jpeg

98692734-87BB-40C4-8D40-B2BA347AF96B.jpeg

I know a few people that have had work done out there and all said the practices out there made UK practices look like something from a third world country and the treatment they had was second to none and less than 1/4 the price of over here.Me and my bird have decided we might go and get checked out when we're out there in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

So why don't these top turk dentists get over here ,follow their barbers ,kebab shop owners ,never seen a kebab shop worker with a set of Rylands ,suppose its only fair we treat third world scum medically, we get a cheap set of fake white gnashers on the cheap ,I know nhs take the pee ,but can't see the point in funding them ,bit more than a cheeky korma and bhaji from you local isis take away 

37 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

So why don't these top turk dentists get over here ,follow their barbers ,kebab shop owners ,never seen a kebab shop worker with a set of Rylands ,suppose its only fair we treat third world scum medically, we get a cheap set of fake white gnashers on the cheap ,I know nhs take the pee ,but can't see the point in funding them ,bit more than a cheeky korma and bhaji from you local isis take away 

You probably don't see turks with crowns etc because they get decent dental treatment growing up.My dentist I have now is Bulgarian and she told me that all my fillings I have(every single back tooth)were all unnecessary.As why would any kid need every tooth filled before the age of 11.I also had teeth removed before I was at secondary school which she said would have been unnecessary and actually caused more problems.Better quality work for a cheaper price,It's a no brainer really.And it's not just Turkey.British dental work is more expensive that pretty much every country in Europe.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, downsouth said:

You probably don't see turks with crowns etc because they get decent dental treatment growing up.My dentist I have now is Bulgarian and she told me that all my fillings I have(every single back tooth)were all unnecessary.As why would any kid need every tooth filled before the age of 11.I also had teeth removed before I was at secondary school which she said would have been unnecessary and actually caused more problems.Better quality work for a cheaper price,It's a no trainer really.And it's not just Turkey.British dental work is more expensive that pretty much every country in Europe.

I'm uneducated on dental matters ,so interesting to read ,I know yanks all have a perfect smile ,so yeah your right our dentists are shit ,guess we thought put loads of fluoride in the water that'll do lol 

5 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

I'm uneducated on dental matters ,so interesting to read ,I know yanks all have a perfect smile ,so yeah your right our dentists are shit ,guess we thought put loads of fluoride in the water that'll do lol 

Mate even as recently as just before lockdown I had a filling redone after a part of a back tooth and an old filling fell out.A few days later I was in agony and went back to the dentist so they X rayed me at a cost and told me they'd trapped something in there and would re do it after the weekend .I told them no they wouldn't they will be taking it out.They said ok we will send you an appointment later to have it removed at our other surgery.Which they did for 10 days time.So over the weekend I was in so much pain I got an emergency appointment at a different private dentist to have it pulled out and possibly have an implant or bridge only to be talked into having root canal treatment and a crown for 800quid as implants are not the way to go.So he does the root canal and puts in a temporary filling for me to go back in 2weeks for the crown.Anyway a few days later I'm in f**king agony again and phone them to be told you can't be In pain theres no nerve left in there so spend the next 10 days necking painkillers.When I go back he starts drilling out the temp filling and pop.The worst smell and taste ever.A gob full of puss as there'd been an abscess in there all along and to top it off the pressure had split the tooth.So all in all over 800 quid down and a great big gap only for the cheeky c**t to then ask me if I still wanted an implant for 1800quid.

• Sad 3
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Mate even as recently as just before lockdown I had a filling redone after a part of a back tooth and an old filling fell out.A few days later I was in agony and went back to the dentist so they X rayed me at a cost and told me they'd trapped something in there and would re do it after the weekend .I told them no they wouldn't they will be taking it out.They said ok we will send you an appointment later to have it removed at our other surgery.Which they did for 10 days time.So over the weekend I was in so much pain I got an emergency appointment at a different private dentist to have it pulled out and possibly have an implant or bridge only to be talked into having root canal treatment and a crown for 800quid as implants are not the way to go.So he does the root canal and puts in a temporary filling for me to go back in 2weeks for the crown.Anyway a few days later I'm in f**king agony again and phone them to be told you can't be In pain theres no nerve left in there so spend the next 10 days necking painkillers.When I go back he starts drilling out the temp filling and pop.The worst smell and taste ever.A gob full of puss as there'd been an abscess in there all along and to top it off the pressure had split the tooth.So all in all over 800 quid down and a great big gap only for the cheeky c**t to then ask me if I still wanted an implant for 1800quid.

That is siht ,like I say I'm a dentist coward ,pop pills hope pain goes away ,your account makes me feel weak ,first extraction in dentist chair Mrs held my hand ,the dentist 6 stone Asian bird ,back molar extraction, reached in, crack ,next minute tooth in tray next to me ! Previous to that only some dodgy wisdom teeth done under general ,so a first for me ,and since been on me own for an extraction lol