Partygate/Beergate.

Just now, tatsblisters said:

Thing is non of them will make a difference to my life unless they bring the retirement age down which non of the main political parties will doo.

Pension age is 62 in France. I was listening to a French left wing politician who will be going into coalition with Macron. She said she was not prepared to compromise on the present pension age. She pointed out that 1/4 of the poorest people are already dead or invalided by the time they reach 62. It seems unfair to me that a person who has a hard manual job has the same retirement age as a white collar worker. Bodies get worn out. Some jobs are physically impossible once you reach your sixties. 

• Like 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep and admitted it on a public forum, fine is in the post ?

Johnston is not guilty of "eating a piece of cake at work". He's guilty of a flagrant  and contemptuous disregard for the rules which he instigated on the advice of senior medics. According to th

I'm not usually a "conspiracy theorist", although I do believe the Kennedy Assasinations deserve the appellation "conspiracy". But what about this "partygate/beergate" nonsense ?  Boris has

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

It just shows you that voting can work, over turning a 24,000 majority isn’t some stroke of luck…..it’s people getting off their arse and doing something different.

Wasnt so long ago the Lib Dems were absolutely dead in the water, now they are demolishing 24,000 majorities.

Everyone in the country who says “what’s the point ?” Should take note.

Can Labour win an election on a platform of not being the tory party? They need some policies which will get people out and vote Labour. Nothing about Labour excites me at present.

Just now, jukel123 said:

Can Labour win an election on a platform of not being the tory party? They need some policies which will get people out and vote Labour. Nothing about Labour excites me at present.

God forbid that bunch win…..exchange one lot of traitors for some other traitors !

I was disappointed to see Labour win in the north, especially after every thing we have learned about sex trafficking gangs targeting white northern children……that just breaks me.

Lib dems are c**ts, but they ain’t those two parties and it’s a start.

53 minutes ago, WILF said:

It just shows you that voting can work, over turning a 24,000 majority isn’t some stroke of luck…..it’s people getting off their arse and doing something different.

Wasnt so long ago the Lib Dems were absolutely dead in the water, now they are demolishing 24,000 majorities.

I think a lot of traditional labour voters of that area voted Lib Dem just to get the tories out. Plus being a big rural area conservatives aren’t exactly on best terms with farmers especially with Carrie in number 10! I can see my area going back to Lib Dem next election 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I think a lot of traditional labour voters of that area voted Lib Dem just to get the tories out. Plus being a big rural area conservatives aren’t exactly on best terms with farmers especially with Carrie in number 10! I can see my area going back to Lib Dem next election 

Getting either of the main 2 parties out is the first (and much needed) step imho mate

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Mellor was on the news this morning saying as the Lib Dems came 3rd last election in T&H they gained something along the lines of a 40 odd thousand more majority! Also said they were the only party that actively worked door to door speaking to people, the others have got so tied up in their own arrogant worlds they just thought they would stroll it or knew they were fcuked so just gave up trying.     

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Both Labour and Lim Dem winning candidates are calling for Boris to resign.............Now surely they won because Boris was in power and the people have such little faith in him? If that were the case I would be saying thanks Boris stay in power and one of our parties will be running this country very soon, not resign and put a "better" leader in that may turn it around and keep us as the opposition!!!! Christ they are all thick (no need to answer that).    

There's only one reason they do it and that's because it's an opportunity to stick the knife in, which is bread and butter politics. If they had the confidence of beating him in a GE they would want him to stay as you say and be calling for a snap GE. Even when they do that I doubt it's with confidence, just doing the dance that's expected of them.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Of course, but it never holds momentum. The two party system is inherently designed to counter it. Very rarely does it work. Change normally has to come from within the two parties. Third parties just act as forcers.

IMO

• Like 2