Remote Job Offer - Frontend Developer

18 hours ago, Langford said:

Word of mouth and the local newspaper, you think the British Empire relied on the laptop?

Too many chiefs and not enough indians these days. 

You say, from your device. Lead from the front!

Now don’t be calling softies chiefs. They’ll start to think for themselves!

• Haha 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mushroom have you seen the topics and conversations on here these days , I admire your optimism on filling your vacancy on here ??

My daughter has moved in with her 4 year masters degree, nuclear physics, can take an MRI scanner apart and put it back together again with his eyes shut, studies the atoms of blood or some shit boyfr

Let me simplify things, IT blokes, department (and their kin) drive you f***ing mad ! Lol Everything is “in a minute”, “Later”, “tomorrow”, “let’s stop for a coffee and a chat about last nights e

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Seven pages in and I still have no clue, but judging by the content I think the title should be changed to rear end developer as you sound like a bunch of nerdy geek faggots 

In a nutshell what you are seeing on here right now (the website) is frontend, so website and application layouts, the code that makes it seem as is, functionality etc. backend is what runs/makes a website/application work.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Seven pages in and I still have no clue, but judging by the content I think the title should be changed to rear end developer as you sound like a bunch of nerdy geek faggots 

No shit, the front end has to ‘interact’ with the back end! And they have team roles like ‘scrum master’…

I keep saying this, they’re f***ing bizarre!

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

No shit, the front end has to ‘interact’ with the back end! And they have team roles like ‘scrum master’…

I keep saying this, they’re f***ing bizarre!

Scrum master protects the team from the cnuts that hold the purse strings ?

Product owner - translates the needs of the business (stakeholders) and sets the product backlog.

scrum master coaches and mentors the development team and facilitates all communication. 

dev team - choose items from the product backlog, break down epics and develop the product.

Implementation of scrum and agile practices has increased ROI and drastically speeded up production, from inception to shipping.

I’m aiming to be an Agile coach in the next 2 years. A grand+ daily rate isn’t a bad wage ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

More to the point...what's the salary?

Top end (senior level) 90k€. lower end (low mid level) 55k€.

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Scrum master protects the team from the cnuts that hold the purse strings ?

Product owner - translates the needs of the business (stakeholders) and sets the product backlog.

scrum master coaches and mentors the development team and facilitates all communication. 

dev team - choose items from the product backlog, break down epics and develop the product.

Implementation of scrum and agile practices has increased ROI and drastically speeded up production, from inception to shipping.

I’m aiming to be an Agile coach in the next 2 years. A grand+ daily rate isn’t a bad wage ?

I recognise the value mate, I do. But they’re still a bunch of weirdos! LOL

Despite being on board with the principle of it, it’s become a buzz word and is being embraced by companies and teams that haven’t a clue about it really and it’s leading to failure. The real key is proper implementation, guided by agile SMEs.

At the moment I’m taking certain aspects from it which can very clearly deliver improvements over the current and staying in my non agile lane. Things like kanban boards are great tools to simplify development and issue management imo. Same with iterative development, effectively connecting users, stakeholders and the project team through the lifecycle to keep everything relevant. But I’m very aware that the sum of the parts doesn’t equal the whole. Future steps…

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I recognise the value mate, I do. But they’re still a bunch of weirdos! LOL

Despite being on board with the principle of it, it’s become a buzz word and is being embraced by companies and teams that haven’t a clue about it really and it’s leading to failure. The real key is proper implementation, guided by agile SMEs.

At the moment I’m taking certain aspects from it which can very clearly deliver improvements over the current and staying in my non agile lane. Things like kanban boards are great tools to simplify development and issue management imo. Same with iterative development, effectively connecting users, stakeholders and the project team through the lifecycle to keep everything relevant. But I’m very aware that the sum of the parts doesn’t equal the whole. Future steps…

Biggest pain in my life is companies saying “we’re fully Agile” ?‍♂️ Fuuck off ? True Agile mature companies who have implemented correctly (been coached) and buy in at all levels are few and far between. 
The team I work with when they go in to consult, take aspects from Agile, Kanban, LEAN, SAFe etc and tailor bespoke to the company.

26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'll stick to knocking up timber frame houses and the landscaping ??

That salary is for probably 4days actual work. ?‍♂️

There are other companies who’ll pay double the top end for the right person. I know a consultant (LEAN UX & UI) who gets a daily rate of 20k€+ a day ?

10 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Is there only me that hasn't got any idea what Shroom and Born are talking about? 

Cheers, D.

Must be !

The rest of us have applied for the job, just waiting to hear back before I book my ticket ?

Oh ! Hold on, I thought they were on about JCB front end and back end loaders !

Sorry, my mistake ?

Cheers.

• Haha 2