Saluki x grey

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like a bull cross  but crapper 

young pup i was kindly gifted coming on nicely.full of temper and drive 8mth old.  

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
On 14/05/2022 at 07:32, Bangersanmash said:

Im talking 4 5 saluki crosses mate it's no good there top daft to be free running together. It's okay letting a saluki cross run round with a terrier a can't see any damage coming from that. When he was a pup a used to let him run my Jacky he'd pick the c**t up by neck.  Wife would be screaming he's guna kill her lol. My old jacky could hold her own with him to be fair Very firey thing. But a would let him run round with bigger dogs. Because all it takes is for one of the dogs to Miss judge it's turn an them hit head on. Then it could be shoulder or eg injury. A know they say pups are quick healers but it's just not worth it. My pal had his saluki cross kenneled up most the time because it had done something down local woods with there lasses whippets or gone on a day time mooching in summer with other lads an there dogs in summer. Knowing that dogs just come from being kenneled up. Sucker for punishment lol. One of the lads I'm talking about that went out with him had a collie x pup of me beautiful dog blue Merle he was. He ended up f****n him up. Letting him off in stupid places with other dogs. Chasing each other round. Some f****r had smashed a bottle on some land pup ran over it half of its foot was f****d. Silly c**t didn't give it time to heal went an pulled stitches out letting dogs run about. Then few moths after Fractured one of his legs with letting is whippet x grey bitch run about with him. The only way a pup will learn is direct from you. Soon as you let that pup off that lead with older dogs it's not going to listen to you. You may be able to tell the older dogs to come to you an the pup will follow but if there heads go like they do in lurchers once they get excited when first let off they bomb about an totally forget your there. Well that's when accidents happen. But who am I to say don't do that you do what you want it's your dog an it's worked for you. But saluki grey are a diffrent breed. Total diffrent to a saluki cross with abit of collie in it or bull , deer hound its got some Common sense then.lol  You'll have more injurys from a straight saluki cross , to say one with abit of mix in them. 

Hmm, interesting post, that mate.

I can sort of agree and see where you're coming from.

On 15/05/2022 at 10:26, fireman said:

How do any of you lot choose a lurcher pup if you don't let them run free and have a mooch with them?,feck me all this picking a pup from 6 weeks old when you've bred the litter :doh:, you'd only pick a pup that old on how fecking pretty it looks and not how it moves,acts or temprament. I'd be watching the litter grow and see how they are and the ones i don't want will soon show themselves and carry on until you have the one you want, that's how i chose my last lurcher and it was from a pals litter who has always done it that way and used to produce some handy collie'xs, my last lurcher was everything i wanted in a lurcher and not once did i or have i ever thought "wonder what the other pups turned out like"..

We used to take all the pups he bred out mooching with us and it sometimes took a few months to finaly have what he/i wanted but by then we also  knew what we had :victory:...

But hardly anyone does that these days, or for quite a few years,  mate.  👍

6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you would shaark lol

post was absolute nonsene lol

Think alot of the dogs you see running in to things & writing themselves off are the ones that haven’t been allowed to free run in woods etc as pups. Better for them to have a bump off a tree at 4/5 months when they’re going slow & learn from it than when they’re 18 months and break their neck 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you would shaark lol

post was absolute nonsene lol

2 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Think alot of the dogs you see running in to things & writing themselves off are the ones that haven’t been allowed to free run in woods etc as pups. Better for them to have a bump off a tree at 4/5 months when they’re going slow & learn from it than when they’re 18 months and break their neck 

Didn't say I agreed with everything he'd written.  But could see his point on a couple of things.

38 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You read his post again, blacky. 

I had more time last night.

41 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You read his post again, blacky. 

I had more time last night.

Just read it still none the wiser ,do u think he was speaking in tounges 

• Haha 1